What gives you moral justification to eat animals even though you don't need to...

What gives you moral justification to eat animals even though you don't need to. It causes an immense amount of health issues and it's killing the world. Inb4 I'm higher on the food chain, because as I previously stated; it's obsolete.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bRfX4X0V54A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because I'm forcing evolution, if they don't want to be eaten, they'll develop ways to counter human consumption.

OP again, the food chain doesn't exist if you don't need it for survival reasons. Animals that do exist on the food chain, have to eat that food to survive

I eat meat because it tastes good, the texture, different flavours from different cuts, adds new elements to a dish. For example Spaghetti sauce

Because I'm a member of PETA. (People eating tasty animals). In all honesty I wouldn't get too butt hurt because I see them banning the eating of animals within the next 100 years after synthetic meats take over. And by synthetic I mean meats that are made to be molecularly identical to real meat.

Imagine everybody gave up meat. What would happen to all the animals?

^

I keep some pigs,sheep and chickens.... They are my property... I own them... they are mine... and I can do what the fuck I want with my property.. Think I'll actually slaughter a pig today, just for you. bon appetit.

I would like to see people eat meat without herbs on it and see if it still tastes good. Some flavor does indeed come from meat, but the majority is spices and herbs

I only eat meat so that people will have something to hate me for

Because it's good
Plus I don't give a fuck about you or anyone else on this fucking planet at all
Why don't you... hummm... kys ?

Live stream it??

They would slowly dwindle off. Because, there's not supposed to be this many animals in the first place. The'll give birth on their own time.

Low quality bait, vegfag.

Herbs? Spices? Mate, i cook a beef steak in its own fat just so i can have that beef flavour.

The depersonalization is astounding. I really don't think you feel this way in real life, just on here, because it's acceptable to act that way.

Well, I suppose that's true. But, a majority use spices and herbs.

Why dont you eat tofu 3chong? Meat is obsolete? Plant based diets are a FLAWLESS alternative with absolitely ZERO real world consequences

What gives you moral justification to live in a house even though you don't need to? It causes an immense amount of mental health issues and it's killing the world.

This argument can be applied to anything.

Because it tastes good.

I know bro. Im not trying to sound rude or nothing, i mean i eat a salad or two every day, but i guess its just how you were bought up. I lived on a farm throughout my younger years so i grew up with fresh poultry and beef, so its more than normal to me.

The official definition of veganism: Veganism is a way of living which seeks to exclude, as far as is possible and practicable, all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose. Being homeless isn't practical.

But I mean do you think the farmers will just keep them until then?

I'd think there'd be some process on what to do with them. Not sure what exactly it'd be honestly.

You think? You obviously don't know me
Vegans are part of this crazy leftwing movement that's been going way to far for the past decade.
You people are fucking degenerate.
We are MADE to eat me. We evolved that way. Our bodies need the proteins. You can try and replace them with veggy stuff, but that's the equivalent of going 100mph in 3rd gear.. you can.. but why would you?

You just do it because it gives you some imaginary moral high ground and that's fucking it. Wtf are you people going to do when real life happens ?
You realise that in the event of another world war, with the rationing of everything and war itself, you won't have access to your little vegan bullshit?
You people disgust me

It literally can't apply to anything. For instance, it can't apply to something that doesn't cause immense amounts of mental health issues (and necessarily there is something that doesn't).

And even if it could be applied to anything, that actually wouldn't by itself make the argument invalid.

So then kys, you're putting a strain on the environment just flushing the toilet

food chain

For sure. I was raised eating meat too. I understand where you are coming from and I also appreciate you having a civil conversation with me. It means a lot

Most people use salad dressing. What's your point?

I don't need moral justification.
It has never NOT been accepted as moral.

Stop being such a beta fucking cuck, they're just animals, who cares.
Vegans are all low test men, or women.

Animals are not people. They are not self aware or sentient, so they do not have the same rights. I do not owe it to the world to make any sacrifices of my own either, so given that I can do with the animals as I please that's what I do.

Define practicable. Veganism sounds just as inconvenient as homelessness...

Anybody want to donate to an anti vegan campaign? With your money, I'll kidnap some vegans and make them eat meat.

We would sell them off to less ethically-developed countries. It wouldn't be ethical, but you'd sort of have to allow them to liquidate their assets somehow.

What gives you moral justification to be alive even though you don't need to be. It causes an immense amount of health issues and it's killing the world.

Anything in excess causes some sort of health issue. Anything.

1ACWadRJ kyYn5qSAh6oyb aUcgHN6Wx TQrC (without spaces) is my bitcoin address if your interested.

because i want to and i can do whatever i want

Omg we should team up
Great idea

Not him, but he chose his words very carefully. Putting a strain on the environment can be excused as long as it's practicable or if it's not possible to prevent it.

They would kill them immediately and convert the land to continue turning a profit.

The only survivors would be the breeds useful for milking, egg laying, etc.

Things that are accepted warrant a justification, don't they?

Because eating humans is frowned upon.

Animals are self aware and sentient. What gives you the right to do anything to animals other than the fact that you have a higher IQ? With that logic, I could kill a child and it be fine, because I'm smarter than he/she

If the argument is that it's okay to do what you please with things which aren't sentient or self-aware, why aren't you munching on a fetus?

Or would that be because fetuses are considered humans? If that's the case, why is it that humans shouldn't be kept as property or raised to be eaten?

living things must consume the dead to survive, i don't discriminate what kind of living creature i consume.

Well maybe they should stop being so tasty

Because fetuses are disgusting and I'd suffer repercussions.

Prove it.

I don't know what you're trying to imply here.

You're just not interesting in addressing what I said?

This man is an unsung hero

A good steak needs nothing added. Not even salt. Bloody and bare.

Funny that you say that, people have said -- and I agree with them-- killing ourselves would be the most ethical thing to do.

with that caliber of reasoning you still wouldn't be allowed to

Hell yeah man
Pure fucking steak
With maybe an egg on top

Then I highly suggest you do

domestication ensures they can't live in the wild, with no human purpose to keep them alive and breeding, they will inveitably go extinct.

I would eat you if there weren't legal consequences. Long pig, yum!

Those animals are never going to be more intelligent. The fats in meat are good for the brain. We should eat less meat though.

There's plenty of science to prove it. Just do a quick google.

But I thought you were free to do what you please with things that aren't self-aware? So do you support my right to eat fetuses? Should we allow people to eat them?

(I've not ignored your answer, but I do find it irrelevant because it's very subjective. If we are talking about moral justifications, then I don't think your distaste or the repercussions lead to any moral obligation one way or the other. We have to talk about why it's right or wrong, or why we should or shouldn't.)

So im supposed to just eat a pile of herbs and spices?

Humans have the cognizant ability to create morals and personal connection. I see that a fetus is a living creature that wants to live and be taken care of. I feel the same way about animals. I have to right to kill them without their consent.

It really depends on people metabolisms actually. Some people harm themselves by trying to go veggy faggy...
Not everyone can process vegetal proteins as well as animal. And if you people find it so immoral to eat meat then why don't you exile yourself somewhere and create your own faggy veggy community?
Maybe then you'll stop harassing us and trying to convert us from your imaginary moral highground

If that's the case, explain how they've survived for thousands of years without us breeding them.

>humans can make morals
Therefore we shouldn't eat them? What?

>a fetus is a... creature that wants to live...
How does a fetus go about wanting to live? This is ridiculous.

>I have a right to kill them without their consent
Yes, but why? What's the justification?

You asked me why I don't and I told you. I will concede that you have the right to, provided you didn't steal it from it's owner, but having the right to do something doesn't make it a good idea.

Why do you believe plants ate not self aware? Just because we may not understand their consciousness does not mean it doesn't exist. You are eating a living, breathing entity. You justify it with what YOU believe is true, not that it is. At least when I eat meat, I understand what I'm doing. I do t hide in a fairy tale of "it's not sentient". Well prove it.

A fetus is a parasite living off a human host. It has no rights that supplant those of the host. The only reason not to eat them is that it would be next to impossible to farm enough to eat without violating the rights of the women who carry them.

They weren't domesticated yet?
It actually changed the species.
Like dogs for example, the domestic dog has major genetic differences to its savage cousins. Same shit for domesticated herd animals

Nope! Lots of delicious vegan food to eat!

Fake moral high ground.
I hope there's a ww, or an apocalypse.
I'll eat you first
Faggot

>Pumpkins have souls
>literally everything has a soul
>I'm going to eat to survive
>Meat tastes fucking good

This is about a moral justification. Why is it right that I get to eat the fetus? Why is it right for you to kill something and eat it?

It's really impressive that you're willing to defend my right to eat a fetus, by the way.

before domestication they were wild animals, now they are not, if they're lucky they'll evolve into something more hardy, IF they can survive long enough to evolve which is unlikely especially for prey species.

That's scientifically false. But, even if it was true, animals need to eat much more plants to produce food. So, if we're going off the argument (eating plants causes pain) it's still more ethical and morally justifiable to eat plants

You can't possibly think a domesticated sheep compares to a wild mountain sheep. Or a milk cow with the extinct wild ox they came from. We bred every trace of self-reliance, and most of the intelligence, out of them.

What's wrong with his reasoning?

children are human

they taste good, and i have the liberty to do it

We may not understand their alleged consciousness, and it doesn't mean that they aren't conscious, but it doesn't mean that they are either. If we care about eating conscious creatures, then it matters whether or not plants are conscious. We have no way to investigate something like this.

That's why we usually defer to pain and suffering and quality of life to decide whether or not we should eat/kill these animals.

And I would argue that it's worse for you to eat meat while understanding what you're doing. That actually makes you more morally culpable.

Plants can respond to threats. They can even distinguish between specific predators and produce the appropriate chemical response. How is that not aware?

I'm nothing if not consistent. It helps that I don't actually care about anything. My moral justification is this: the lives of non-persons are no different than the existences of rocks and trees, and you can't be a person without self-awareness.

This video has all the answers to your question: youtube.com/watch?v=bRfX4X0V54A

Let's be honest here. Do we really need a moral justification? We're killing machines. Our natural instinct is to kill and eat what we can.

being more advanced than animals is no good reason to kill them but being less advanced than humans is a perfectly acceptable reason to kill plants.

I must agree that you are consistent!

But why the distinction? Why care about human lives and not non-human lives?

And it would be legally justified in a life or death situation...
Killing and eating is what keeps us alive

Now because we've evolved physically and mentally, we now have developed concept of morality. But those concept ate 100% based in our perception and on our current views. What is considered moral today has nothing to do with what was considered moral 100yrs ago.
All these things are subjective and vary greatly from one era to another.

But one thing is constant and had always been. We must eat to live, and we must eat living thing. Can't eat plastic can we?

Now you're going to argue that with technology we can now(or soon) replace that with synthetic meat.

Think about that for a second. Our collective views of morality changed plus technology advanced, so now we should spend millions and countless hours and efforts to devise a replacement for something that we have been doing since the dawn of time, that every other species has been doing since the dawn of time.
All this because of some new "morality"??

I deny your delusional reality and substitute it with actual reality, living things kill and eat other living things to live.

Not too confused? Want me to clarify?

Even african greys don't realize they aren't human when brought up as pets. You think that the chicken on your dinner table had any self-awareness at all given that animals of such greater intelligence are so ignorant of themselves?

Very true. Our ancestors were alive only because of their survival instinct. But, in this day and age, we don't need to kill for food. If I were stranded on an island and there was no fruit or vegetables to eat, I would eat animals to survive. But, I don't need to kill them to survive.

I make no attempt to justify my actions. It is so painful and confusing to exist in this world that forcing oneself to abide by "moral" behavior is simply impossible. I cannot even keep my apartment clean, much less switch to a completely different diet just to avoid hurting living things when I can merely refuse to feel any empathy instead. Right now, I can run over a whole family of adorable raccoons eating trash in the middle of the road on purpose and feel nothing, or perhaps even feel pleasure. I need to stay that way. I can't handle anything else.

No, my point was that plants also feel pain, so we can torture them too, so there's no reason to just be a carnivore. Everything needs to suffer for my amusement.

Morality is a gay illusion made up by our animal brains for self-preservation.
Fuck off and lemme do what I want, I won't kill anyone because someone will kill me back but fuck your animals.

We don't need to kill, maybe. But I want to. Nothing so satisfying as wounding an animal and tracking it as it bleeds to death in pain and panic.

Yes you do
How will you eat them without killing them?