I just watched Star Wars the Last Jedi AMA

I just watched Star Wars the Last Jedi AMA

what's your favorite food?

Are traps gay??

How's that sex change working out for you?

did rey have any real adversity this time?
is it explained why she is able to take on "jedi killer" and use force powers right out the gate

Why did it suck?

Same here op to me the movie sucked your thoughts?

What'd you think of the whole Leia flying through space scene?

Hahaha that shit was gay

Also wtf how does Luke die??

i didnt see this is it like she dabree floating but using the force to be alive ?

or does she straight up superman it ?

She's treated more fairly yes, but no word on how she Mary Sued like a fukkin real (poorly written) G last movie. Also, still don't know how old granny glasses got the lightsaber or why Snoke was important even remotely. Yes, I sad 'was'.

>Nothing is explained.
>Snoke's backstory is not explained.
>Rey's instant master of the force is not explained.
>The new Resistance admiral is a Tumblr self insert who don't need no man.
>Luke's character is ruined.
>About a third of the movie is filler with literally no impact on the overall plot.

Pizza
I'm not the one who decides that
I'm a straight Cis white male
Now that I think of it, yeah, she finds out who her parents are(apparently they fucked and sold her off). It's a lot like luke's transformation to a jedi otherwise.

Nope it is not explained, and she is able to used force powers after luke gives a few training sessions
IMO it didn't suck, it was kinda so so

My 8 year old daughter said that didn't make any sense. It's absurd and they could have handled that differently to show that she can use the force.

Mary fuckin Poppins mane

>why Snoke was important even remotely

Like who the fuck was he? Where did he even come from?

he just vanishes

Did you enjoy it OP? I actually thought it kicked ass despite a couple of flaws.

I agree it was a solid film but I hate what they did with the characters.

>>About a third of the movie is filler with literally no impact on the overall plot.

Closer to 60%.

That was the weirdest shit i've seen in a hollywood movie
Some parts were pretty good, others just felt out of place for a star wars movie
Luke just dissapears out of thin air while mediating, "ascending"

You could have stayed home and watch something better for free.

This. Luke's character being ruined is unforgivable. Explains why I heard that mark Hamill didn't agree with where the character was going. Google it.

No idea. They don't say, and likely never will. That would actually make for a good story. This movie was a collection of really great moments, but no overarching good story, unfortunately.

I liked the Yoda scene. I like Yoda and wish he'd had more time on screen.

WHY DO BOMBS DROP IN SPACE. WHY DOES A BOMBER WITH ARMED BOMBS DO LIKE 10% OF THE DAMAGE AS THE BOMBS. WHY DOES THR FIRST ORDER HAVE LIKE SO MANY HUGE SHIPS. WHY DOES LEIA JIST FLY THROUGH SPACE. WHY DO SNOKES SHIPS GUNS TRAVEL IN A BALLISTIC ARC. WHY DID THEY BREAK THE 4TH WALL BY SAYING 'ITS SALT'. WHY THE INFINITE REYS. WHY IS LUKE A WHINY LITTLE FAGGOT NOW. WHO THE FUCK WAS SNOKE. WHO ARE REYS PARENTS REALLY. WHY DON'T THEY JUST BOMB THAT BASE FROM SPACE.

Pretty much entirely this.

It was a real genius plan of Luke's.

>have fight with Kylo Ren
>trick him into thinking he's killed you
>die

True it had strong points then it will immediately fuck it up in the scene following it

I didn't know it was only going to be a so so movie. Plus, I thought it was going to be good as I like the force awakens a good amount

Me too, but I don't like the fact that luke still acts really childish, but at least he is cynical

Why is clone wars better?

I haven't watched much clone wars so I don't know

>WHY IS THERE SOUND IN SPACE
It's a fantasy film series. Always has been.

Bombs drop in space to destroy a big giant first order ship. I don't know. First order is rich, simple.
IDK why. IDK why. I didn't think it was 4th wall, I thought it just created salt, but whatever. It's probably a special mirror, that's why the infinite rey. IDK why. They probably just discarded the idea of rey's parents. Good idea

>Rey's instant master of the force is not explained.

it was "girl power" Disney movies are all becoming a "girls can do whatever, even if it ruins the story"

i like strong female characters wonder woman, Trinity, black widow, all great, but story needs to make since. not just "she did it because boys could, and we need girls to like Star Wars too. " lots of television is doing this now too, there is that commercial where they are about to board a plane and they have this big reveal it is not his son, she is a girl, she's going to mars, how cute. whatever.

On a scale of 1-10. 1 Being complete utter ass, and 10 being hot garbage, where does Episode VIII rank on that scale?

Phasma: "Death by blaster would be too quick and painless. Behead them instead!"

Wha-?

It's hot garbage. It's not cohesive, but there are plenty of good moments. And it's shot beautifully. Looks great, just doesn't make too much of a lick of sense.

5-6/10 maybe maybe MAYBE 7/10

Basically around Revenge of the Sith imo , without the originality of that movie

maybe even worse than revenge of the sith actually

Did the death star die?

"If you like Piña coladas"

He ascends into the force, like Obi Wan

in space

What kinda question is that? Go watch episode 6 if you wanna see what happened to that.
Pic related
He wanted to torture them. He's a sadistic fuck probably

It’s pretty nuts how many people on the internet think “make since” makes sense.

>He wanted
>He

da fuq

Explain the Mary poppins leia flying through space

so who are her parents? they've been playing it up like it's some big ass reveal.

Is it Lando and Sly Snootles? Is it Snoke pre-fuck up and the bitchy librarian from the jedi temple?

Is snoke just darth plagueius, shittily re-written, or in real life?

Queefing like a kegel queen.

Oh, and let's not forget Finn and his new asian girlfriend's random vacation to 1920's New York to go gambling.

Game of thrones is this generations star wars.

Nobodies, I wish, and nope he's just fucking old and stuff and able to force since why not.

slanty dumplingchink

At last I understand. Classic Disney

Luke dies and becomes a force ghost just like Yoda and Obiwan

eh whatever a simple typo

I loved the film. AMA

That part threw me off the most
never watched game of thrones but as for her actual parents names or how they look like, I really don't know

IDK, snoke just undermines Kylo Ren and then Rey proceeds to kill him with the force

She's a Disney Princess now, so she's got to be able to squeeze a little vapor from the Arby's drive-thru.

I actually thought it was pretty good, maybe a 7 or 8 out of 10. Mary Poppins took me out of it for a bit, but the fight scenes were good, and I like that they showed that random heroics against a massively superior force generally wouldn't go well.

>I love cancer AMA

Jesus Christ, I guess I will wear my "Episode VII sucked and so will episode VIII" shirt to my viewing. Fuck this new trilogy with a white hot trident

Kek what a get

Nice dubs

Fukkin queef quads.

I think the main problem is that JJ Abrams wasn't there to direct the last jedi. It's some random faggot called Rian Johnson

What kind of faggot pays to see a Star Wars movie? The only half-decent one was released in 1977.

Get some taste retard.

>never seen Ozymandias

The overall plot is a slow moving chase in space. In order to stop the chase, the have to blow up the chasing First Order ship with Snoke on it.

The rest of the movie is loosely pieced together to draw out the timelines so that everything comes together perfectly in the climax, so it's similar to episodes 2 (all the filler) and episode 5 (rebels take several huge losses).

Could have been worse. Original 'spoiler' I heard was that Snoke force-birthed Anakin Skywalker into his mother, meaning this movie would have had a 'Luke I'm your Grandfather" load of fucking shit in it just ot be sure we ripped off Empire as hard as we could.

But that didn't happen. God is real.

To be fair, that was Plagueius. In his I guess now non canon book, he centralized the force and created life, Anakin. Plagueius is Luke's grandfather, at least in old EU. But yes, having him not be is nice, but it still sounds like shit.

Why couldn't they just do the Vong? Super late arrival Vong? Luke and his Jedi have rebuilt a small jedi temple, Mara Jade is there, Jacen gets kidnapped at the end of the first movie, and in the second he's a sith, and the third Jaina kills him? No more empire having to constantly be a universe threat with super battlestation #34098.

The Vong are fucking terrifying, terraforming worlds is a new way to lose them, the unsteady alliance of now Empire Larpers and the Republic. Leia thrust back into the fray of battle of mostly relative peace due to the empire going in hiding / fringe. The small cadre of Vong at the end of the second movie reveal they are breakign away to help the new Alliance.

The Jedi Luke trained are thrust into war like the Jedi of old, and don't fair as well, giving him a struggle to send out the youth of the force while the soldiers cry out for force help? God that would have been so much better.

Fuck it, I'll make my own star wars, with blackjack, and hookers. You know what, forget the star wars.

Objectively it's slightly better if far more sloppy than Force Awakens, but something snapped in me. Not like watching Transformers 2 or Pirates 3 where those films physically made me nauseous.

Not even from the film itself, but something that just accumulated for years without knowing it. Or maybe I did know but assumed it would happen many films later, like say Avengers Infinity Wars. But I already phased out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Ultron and nothing beyond) so I wasn't gonna see it and that likely wouldn't be the one.

It was like all the "meh, passable not offensive" mediocrity I've endured crystallized into this one moment. It's self-cancellation of *Gasp* and "HA!" at a higher frequency that makes the now looking quaint and subdued Return of the Jedi spin it's head.

I can no longer pretend to tolerate how these aggressively lechery they are with the shared cultural memory "we're using the familiar as a template we're not aping even though we aggressively doing it nakedly right in front of you unashamed!!"

All this have crystallized finally to make me declare "It's all a fucking SHAM and they're laughing at us to the fucking bank!"

What I think they meant to imply is that maybe Ben saved her with the force, since they show in the scene before that he couldn't bring himself to shoot her on the bridge. But if so it was very poorly portrayed. Cause most people think shes like secretely a Jedi

What is Disney doing? They were playing the force off like its some sorta internet connection. And luke can just magically turn off his galaxy wifi or some shit cause he don't like the force no more. dumb as hell.

true

Airplane mode bro first thing the teach you in Jedi apprenticeship

Aren't you a nerd?

idk, everyone and their dog probably saw it

spoiler alert!!!!!

SPOILER ALERT!!!

And why did that take over 150 minutes to tell?
I looked at my clock at the NOT-ROTJ climax to see that there's a whole 40 minutes left and thought "What's left?"
*cough* not-Vader does kill not-Emperor, but a whole scene earlier so that's clever! *cough*
*cough* Rule the Galaxy Together! *cough*
"We're subverting expectations and doing the unexpected just to do the MOST EXPECTED thing!"
Reminded that there was all that NOT-HOTH climax schtick we have to do. "WE STILL HAVE ALL THAT LEFT?!?!"
After that first retconned anti-climax killed, that one nugget of potential intrigue TFA created, I declared, "I'm done with Star Wars too now. Thanks Disney."

CARL GOT BIT AND IS DEAD!

Coral is kill!

Carl dieded?

Make a PETA commentary on the racing scene and have them trample the streets to symbolize "Nature will trump society."
As if movie did not need literal brakes to stop for that.

rewatch that scene it was kylo that killed snoke not rey "he will kill his true enemy"

Holy shit i didnt even think about it at the time but this is exactly what happened. Holy fuck this is retarded mfw

movie's basically MAGA, one giant troll.
they take plot points from old starwars movies and just flip it.
>>oh no, leia's dead
phsyc, she 'forced' her way back
>>oh no, rotj Vader v. luke v. Sideous remake
snoke got darth maul and one of the red guard got sideous dropped.

What kills me is that you all call yourselves star wars fans but didnt read the books.

If you all read the books you'd know that Leia was stronger with the force than Luke. Although she never trained with a Lightsaber she still developed her force abilities to be able to defend herself.
She's a Skywalker for fucks sake, of course she can use the force.

but all the old books are no longer canon. That's why none of this shit makes sense.