I consider myself to be a feminist...

I consider myself to be a feminist, but I also strongly oppose what SJWs are doing to an otherwise necessary global movement. I think it's critical to include men's issues in the discussion and avoid shit like "men are all trash" and "male victims don't count" when having these discussions.

Personally, I've always prided myself on being independent but sensible enough to seek help when needed (I also ensure that I return the favor and I help others when they're in need). I've never expected my husband to pay for me. If he does, I appreciate it. I like to treat him, too.

My biggest personal beef with some of my feminist friends is how to treat your husband or boyfriend. My husband is honestly one of the nicest, most caring people I know. I love and trust him 100%. He's supported me since the day we met. We both have moderately successful careers and we both take care of household chores (there are some I volunteer to do because I have a strict cleaning routine due to minor OCD). I have friends who constantly rag on the idea of women taking care of their man. I love to please my husband in all ways possible, because I love him and he deserves it. It's not due to some gender imbalance, it's because we love each other and that's what couples do- they treat each other with love and care.

Anyway, thanks for listening, Sup Forums. I just had to vent.

Your relationship. Your rules. Your "friends" can go get bent. To have someone in your life you can trust is a great thing. You do what feels right.

Thanks, man. they dont have an issue with my husband personally, they just have an issue with the overall idea that some women like to take care of their men. Considering that he takes care of me, it's only fair.

>feminism
>fem
>implying just females
I think the word you're looking for is egalitarian.

I’m married 8 years and I take care of my wife. There’s no equality between us. I’m the man and make the big decisions, I lead my family. Wife stays home, cleans and takes care of our kids.

If you’re paying for your man, he’s a bitch. Do you take turns fucking each other?

Why not both? The "fem" part is there due to its historical roots and because, at least globally, women are still widely discriminated against. That doesn't mean men should be excluded from the convo. I do prefer egalitarian feminism over what SJWs are peddling though.

Sounds like you suffer from some serious insecurities as a man if you feel the need to be the only decision-maker in the family. If that's what works for you, fine. If your wife is fine with being a housewife, then more power to her.

We take turns paying for each other's meals. I treat him on his birthday if we go out or I make him something at home. Considering we both make decent money, why should he be the one footing the bill at all times?

Again, you seem to be a pretty insecure fella.

Where do I find a bitch like you, because majority of women are greedy heartless whores

We don’t take turns paying for each other. We are married. Everything I earn is ours. She’s well educated and smart, if I got hurt, she could work. Who pays for kids when you have them? What if you couldn’t work anymore or he couldn’t? You have a mine and yours marriage, I have an “ours” marriage.

Couples who separate financing have issues, like my wife wouldn’t be on Sup Forums trying and validate her marriage.

>muh women are discriminated against
>fuck men though they arent ever discriminated against despite all evidence to the contrary lets call it feminism lol
>b-but men can talk about how much women are discriminated against too
>anything close to something that resembles equality
Come on, now.

Maybe you misunderstood me. It's not about mine vs. his. But I do earn my own income and so does he and we also pool together resources. It's not a tit for tat thing to me. I just like to treat him once in awhile. I also like to buy him gifts for holidays and birthdays. I still like to maintain financial independence, too, and he respects that (and I respect his financial independence as well).

Neither of us want kids. But, if we change our minds, we have the means to financially support them. If neither of us could work due to sickness or injuries, we'd be able to get by on savings and one income.

I'm also not trying to validate anything. It's just a post based on some stuff I've seen on Facebook lately. After all, Sup Forums is a place where people post random shit, right?

So you're denying that in most parts of the non-West that women face excessive, gender-based discrimination? I'd say Saudi Arabia and Pakistan need a women's liberation movement, to say the least. My point is that rigid gender expectations impact both men and women, just differently.

Why do you think most are greedy and heartless? I think people in general tend to suck, gender aside. I've met plenty of trash men, but I don't think it's because they're men. Some people just really suck.

Maybe it’s the company you keep. I’m 34 and see only friends with kids and wife who are happy, who love and respect each other.

Well I don't trust women and you arnt what you say you are you lying bitch

I should've clarified that my friends have no personal issues with my husband and vice versa. If so, I wouldn't be friends with them. I just have like 2 who are overall very jaded about relationships and have let SJW feminist propaganda fuel that. My post was directed at this trend of constantly bagging on men as a form of status elevation among SJW feminists.

lol what? What am I lying about? If you hate women so much, why waste your time replying?

>implying you have to deny discrimination against women to be against discrimination against men
>implying i said anything of the sort
>implying that just because a big group faces a lot of problems the small group can go fuck themselves
>""""""""equality"""""""

Let them be. Feminists are some of the freakiest sluts in bed. I have fucked a few. One let me piss in her mouth while we showered together. They hate men, but love being degraded. A lot of men are into it.

Point out where I said men's issues should be ignored. I even said in my OP men should be part of the discussion of gender equality, which includes issues of discrimination that men face. It isn't an either or thing.

>implying calling it "feminism" doesnt cause people to ignore men in favor of women

Well it's a lot like how some of the most powerful men are into being dominated by women. I remember like 10 years ago Dr. Phil had this bit about CEOs who had sessions with dominatrices. Plus, reasonable feminists know that women can enjoy being dominated by men in a sexual context as long as everyone consents to it.

>says she's not an SJW
>immediately assumes a man is enforcing his will on his wife, rather than holding out hope that it's the wife that prefers it that way.
Yeah, OP's no SJW...

You act like you're the perfect wife with a perfect life but in reality you would fuck Chad and divorce the current cuck you're with, if you ever got the chance

It's called "feminism" because of historical roots and because, like I said, women still bear the brunt of most gender-based discrimination worldwide when you consider non-Western countries. A man in Saudi Arabia, for instance, does not experience gender discrimination nearly as much as women. What's wrong with groups of people having special interests? I don't think it has to be exclusionary. Men's rights groups have popped up to discuss specific problems that men face that women don't.

As for the West, I actually think it would be more practical to call it egalitarianism.

Dude it looks like you're intentionally seeking shit to bitch about. I could literally say that it's wrong to discriminate against men, and you'd still find a strawman to knock down in the process.

My life is far from perfect. But I am happy with my husband and I think, on a larger scale, the current feminist movement is regressive and damaging.

I've never been unfaithful. I'm sorry that you are incredibly bitter and assume that all women are cheaters. I can guarantee that you'd pitch a fit if a woman said the same thing about men, though, right?

>muh roots
>muh women
>implying sandniggers arent gonna sandnig
>groups having special interests
>"""""""egalitarianism""""""""

Where are your tits and time stamp?

Trump says it's bad to discriminate against women & blacks, so why do people "find a strawman to knock down in the process"

It doesn't matter what you say you believe, what matters is what your action & expressions reveal what you believe.

You aren't a feminist if you don't agree with their rules. U can't cherry pick and say you like some things but not others. Same problem with Christians cherry picking things they like from the bible and rejecting the other bad things but still call themselves a Christian

Fair, but since you don't know me aside from what I'm sharing here, it's a bit hard to compare that to a public figure whose actions and words are scrutinized on the daily.

I personally don't think that groups which focus on specific social issues have to be exclusionary. There have been groups that are focused on the issues that black people face, but that doesn't imply the group is inherently anti-white or not interested in the betterment of humanity.

Well, the thing about feminism is, there are a shit ton of subgroups. There are liberal feminists, conservative feminists, religious feminists etc...because it's not as if there's some feminist holy book that outlines very specific rules. I support gender equality. I do not support what some SJW feminists are promoting, specifically, lumping all men into one group.

Love is bs and I hope he rapes your non existent ass

Woah there, cowboy, hit the brakes. You're just slightly 3edgy5me and I can't handle it. This is a family website.

Checked

Nah fam. Raep jokes are so 2008.

You're doing god's work user. Bringing light into the darkest of places, rather than sitting in the echo chamber. My wife and I try to do the same thing now and again for /r9k/.

It's a dark place full of unhappy people. And you'll rarely get a post that supports you. But there are lurkers who listen- just try to remember that.

I think this place started as edgelords and attracted depressives who weren't being edgy at all and thought this was just the right place for them (and they should be included somewhere). The edgelords were children who associate positivity with immaturity. The depressives are just lashing out because hope reminds them they are suffering. But all these people still have value and this community is and remains the only one I've ever really identified with. Both when I was the depressive, and now that I'm the happy husband.

Anyway, keep up the good work, fagette.

Thanks a lot, man. I know this place is tongue in cheek, and it's mostly edgelords who try too hard. But, the appeal of anonymity is too hard to resist. Some people can't be reached or pleased no matter what. And hey, I know I cant change minds. It's nice to step away from the feminist echo chambers that I've frequented since their hive-mind mentality is pretty toxic and frustrating for conversations like this where people disagree on shit.

I'm glad that you and your wife are happy people and you've seen the light. I enjoy this place for the nonsense, the debates, and the variety of people you come across.

Why do you call yourself a feminist whilst simultaneouslý acknowledging men's issues?
Feminism is a movement for women after all.
Wouldn't some more inclusive term like egalitarian fit you more?

Don't let any of these fucks change your mind. The whole thing about having someone you love and a partner will be lost on most people.

One thought though, maybe consider abandoning feminism. All of the imbalances they claim exist, simply do not. Don't go advocating for alternatives either. Just fuck all that shit, enjoy your life with your husband.

Because a lot of modern feminist thought focuses on challenging rigid gender norms as a whole, and so they acknowledge that these gender norms impact men as well. They still tend to focus a lot on women's issues worldwide but they acknowledge the harm done to men.

I'm not opposed to calling myself an egalitarian. But I don't think in order to be a feminist you have to ignore men's issues. At the very core of feminism is the idea that men and women should be treated equally as people. It's just unfortunate that nutjobs have hijacked the movement and are turning it into something toxic and counterproductive.

"Feminism.
The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes." - Oxford English Dictionary.

Feminism can not include advocacy for men. It is inherently a movement for women.
This made sense historically and makes sense in certain countries but in the west...not at all. Feminism had it's time here, and it's over.

>SJWs don't care about men

You're incorrect, but your insecure little chickenshit feelings have been noted.

How do SJWs care about men then?
I'd agree with OP, if you're a white, straight man you can basically off yourself in their eyes.

You're ignoring the "equality of the sexes" part. Historically, feminism started as a movement for and by women (though there were men involved) because women were facing gender-based discrimination. And, today, especially in non-Western countries, women are still facing that. I think it's important to acknowledge that. It doesn't mean you have to ignore men's issues. Like I said, a lot of modern feminist thought is focusing on challenging socially-constructed gender roles (and before you say it, no, I'm not saying that gender isn't real and that there are 40 genders to choose from).

I mean, there have been groups focused on civil rights for black people, yet they didnt exclude whites from participating, and their overall message was equality for all people and for the betterment of society. I would like to see feminism return to that.

wat

Many SJWs dont care about men. Why is it OK for SJWs to say things like "all men are trash"? They get upset when men say the same about women. Wouldn't it make more sense to not make these generalizations?

Because you aren't taking your special interest there. You are promoting a hate group based in an are of the world where the only good that can be accomplished has already happened. It's like saying I'm a Nazi because I believe in sanitation not all that Jewish shit, and it's valid because turkadikistan doesn't have soap.

Tits or gtfo

lolwut? Nazism was about ethnic cleansing. Feminism itself is about gender equality. Some dipshits have distorted that, but it doesnt nullify the definition or original intention of the movement.

Don't you think there are still countries in the world that need a women's liberation movement?

I agree too many Western feminists tend to ignore the plight of non-Western women, but that doesnt mean some arent bringing attention to it. Plus, there are small-scale feminist movements growing in some of these countries.

when u say feminist i automatically dont have any urge to hear anything you have to say. not a good way to attract attention. especially here. gl with whatever you're social complications are. cause honestly 80 percent of people who read this post genuinely could care less about anything you have to say. If your friends dont fancy the person you love, what good of friends are they.

I dont come here to make friends or change minds. Further, I've said like 3 times that my friends have no personal issues with my husband. They're just generally bitter about relationships and they've swallowed a lot of SJW propaganda.

In any case, like I said, I didn't post this to change the hearts and minds of the incel neckbeards of Sup Forums. I use Sup Forums to post about random shit that comes to mind.

>
fair enough, i wish u well. ps i shave my neck

Lol thanks. I wasnt trying to imply you were an incel neckbeard, so apologies if it came off that way.

I mean, I enjoy it because its the most principled bastion of free speech remaining. People who desire moderation- no matter how small or justified it seems to them- fundamentally poison their ability to have cross cultural conversations. Conversations which are rapidly ceasing to occur in the digital age.

The abundance of trolling in this place gives you something like a trial by fire. You either get used to it and realize you're a fool for getting offended, and take that as a life lesson- or you leave and go back to tumblr. But the ability to not be offended is actually one of the strongest assets you can have, diplomatically.

I am a rambling drunk tonight.

You’re being irrational. I don’t think you read the Op’s Post.
Come on now

Though I must admit, feminism is a term that resonates poorly with me. I get that the non radical feminists mean well but it always struck me as an acknowledgement of Women’s over Men’s rights. Despite all of that, I agree with OP. SJWs don’t acknowledge real inequality caused by patriarchal systems in the Middle East etc. and feminism and women’s rights would definitely improve those womens’ lives.

I think, at least historically, feminism focused solely on women's rights/issues because they were treated as 2nd class citizens. Currently, I have seen some feminist pages on social media that are focusing on men's issues. One page I follow is about domestic violence sexual assault and they talk about the problems that male victims face as a result of our society's idea of what it means to be a "real man". The page also talks about widespread sexual assault in prisons and how very few people are talking about it aside from cracking jokes.

What gets me about SJWs is that they consider any form of criticism towards Islam and Islamic culture to be racist. So brutal misogyny and oppression is only wrong when done by whites? But when done by non-whites it's "just their culture and we gotta respect that"?

The free speech of Sup Forums is my favorite aspect. There are tons of degenerates here, and the fun is knowing that you can't always 100% tell if someone is fucking with you or not. And a lot of truth lies in the absurdity here. I think it's enjoyable to step outside my comfort zone and see what others are saying. I do avoid some more narrow, toxic forums on the internet (like r/incels, for example) because nothing really productive comes out of it.

Tips fedora

>how to SJW's care about men
Because SJW stands for Social Justice Warrior, and shitting on any group of people isn't social justice?

It's right there in the name, broseph. If someone is being shitty to dudes just for having a penis, that's not a SJW, that's something else, but if that penis is exposed without permission then I'm guessing they have legit beef, no pun intended.

>Why is it OK for SJWs to say things like "all men are trash"?

For the same reason I can say, "All cops are fucking trash."

There are plenty of good ones out there, undoubtedly. But all I hear about are the shitty ones, or the ones standing next to the shitty ones and saying nothing.

Or, to say it another way: If you're not trash, what the fuck are you so asspained about, Cuckleberry Finn

>i can't hate men, i love my husband
>i can't be racist, i have black friends

Go away.

Nothing I've said on here indicates that I hate men. You're incredibly irrational and you've been setting up strawmen this whole time. Either your reading comprehension skills are piss poor, or you're just choosing to be a contrarian twat.

Either way, maybe seek some professional help to resolve your hatred of women and your massive victim complex.

Motte and Bailey fallacy.

You say a reasonable thing when challenged, then do the unreasonable thing after having won the argument. AKA bait and switch.

I'm not a man. I'm not denying that there are trash men. I think it's important to address social problems, like misogyny (and police brutality, per your example). I think that can be done without sweeping generalizations and irrationality.

Chinese Robber fallacy.

There are 2 billion people in China. Even if their crime rate is 1/10th ours, there are 1000 robbers a day in China. I will never run out of media stories about how Chinese people are robbers. Therefore, by your logic, Chinese people are robbers because all you hear about are the shitty ones.

And therein lies the problem. Most people don't befriend cops. Especially if they smoke weed or something. Cops meanwhile only see the worst of humanity on a daily basis. How many wifebeaters and niggers do you have to arrest before you forget what normal people are like?

Most of them are starry eyed fools doing a shit job for no pay. Then they get spat on by faggots like you because the media reports stories all the time about shit that happened 1000 miles away.