Why is this fucking album so hated?

why is this fucking album so hated?

because its not master of puppets

A reason by the haters of that album is because (the sound is too loud) so i imagine this album is hated by fags only

Honestly in my opinion one of the better Metallica albums out there. The demo tracks for DM were even better. (Lords of Summer for example)

>album art looks like the inside of a toilet.
>low dynamic range
>5 years in the making with high expectations
>Metallica claimed it was going to be their heaviest album and it’s basic at best.

God awful mastering. Literally the only reason. In fact itd be their best post AJFA if the mastering was fixed

The answers to all OP's questions and more can be found in here.

Have you ever heard the mastering the guitar hero guys did? It's significantly better.

What else is there to say? Putting aside the mixing, the songwriting just sounds like a bad cut and paste job of their classic albums and James sounds like a dying 80 year old man.

i didnt hate it, i just wasnt that impressed by it, its not as good as their old albums but i think it was a step in the right direction, havent listened to hardwired yet but i will

No but they should put that out as a remaster if so. One of the few times a remaster isnt only warranted but needed

>havent listened to hardwired yet
Don't.

Hardwired is the best Metallica album since the 80s. Tracks like Atlas Rise and Spit out the Bone are legit fantastic.

Get off of Sup Forums, Kirk.

everything post black album is piss

Duh.

Load was good.

Black album sucked too. Puppets was their last great album.

Load and Reload sounded so fucking shit, seriously. Like a blend of dadrock and country with poor lyricism to boot.

AAAAINT MY BITCH

I actually really like Ain't My Bitch, but the album is 85% filler.

>sounds like a wall of static
>not in the good way
>hackeneyed rehashing of and justice for all without any of the heart that made it a classic album
>the day that never comes is literally just one repackaged
>again, some of the worst production in music history
>by the same band who recorded st. anger
You tell me user.

At least Saint Anger had heart.

If you ignore the godawful production and the tin can percussion, St. Anger was the best metallica album since the black album. But it was ruined because Metallica fucked up production worse than kids in a garage with a fucking cheap laptop in their new multimillion dollar studio.

These.

I still like Death Magnetic better, but those two songs you mentioned are my two favourite off of Hardwired. They really are quite good.

Yeah, Saint Anger, Tick Tock, and the Unnamed Feeling are pretty darn solid to this day.

Modern dadrock

I don't think it's fair to say an album has bad production and call AJFA classic in the same post.

What are other examples?

...And Justice for All