Howdy Sup Forums

Howdy Sup Forums
Does anyone here have any idea how the fuck to pay for school in the us while living independently? I'm 19 and getting kicked out of my house next summer. I have a high school diploma, but i haven't ever had a job. I would like to go into a career in aviation as a rotor wing pilot. Schools cost anywhere from 60k to 90k to get into a job paying 50k a year. I have no clue how to pay for this, and I also have no idea what to do for housing since I have no friends. What do I do? Accept defeat and just work at Walmart living paycheck to paycheck until I go homeless? Pic unrelated.

you could always rob a bank

Live with me rent free but only allowed to wear a t-shirt, bottomless and bearfoot, and be my fuck toy. Should be able to pay for school ez.

Join the Army and get into their pilot program.The Army has a lot of helicopters,

I would but I have an intolerence to dairy and gluten. DOD rules me out as unfit for service.

You're young and broke. Pick an easier trade to get into for now.

Welder, electrician, plumber, HVAC, diesel mechanic, rigger. Those are all high demand, high paying, respectable trades that will get you started.

Apply yourself, bust ass, and make it happen.

Free healthcare and food from the prison I'd spend the rest of my life in might be a better option then living on the streets

What about finding somewhere to live for the time? Do those jobs have many requirements?

join the military, score high on the asvab and you can have any job you want. depending where you get stationed you can make some serious bank. i make 2k a month while getting free health insurance, free school, free rent, monthly food stipend and uniform stipend. working on my masters and i havent paid a cent out of pocket for school

Join the military.

You have at least 6 months right?

Where do you live right now?

I'm sure if you have a job and you're working hard, your parents won't kick you out like they're planning. They're kicking you out because you're not even trying.

I never heard of that restriction, just go to an army recruiter and see. Go active, more fun than guard plus more respect and less time served. Also you have to have honorable discharge to get gi bill and post 911. Online school is possible while in service. If no military than federal loans through FAFSA. If not enough government assistance then work, build up credit, go private loan. As long as you show income and good credit history with a fico 750 or above you could borrow money to pay for a fucking rocket ship. As long as you don't live in California living expenses arnt that bad. You can afford a place, insurance, utilities, a phone etc with a starter job. Just don't get a bitch pregnant.

get a loan.
inb4 i cant pay that off

if you cant pay it off then the degree literally isnt worth the money.

OP here, I can't join the military. DOD rules me out as unfit for service, I wouldn't get past a recruiter.

see

Loans for housing? I am a complete fucking NEET, where the hell would I get that?

Join the army man. Learn to be a pilot on uncle sam' s dime.

Southern California.

Answer A part time job will get you a room with someone while you go to trade school. Or hopefully you can pick up a paid internship.

in all honesty, if i was in your position, I'd consider joining the armed forces. Now, you don't have to go balls deep and join the marines or anything, in fact, i'd start by looking at something other than the marines, army, navy or air force. Try the national guard or something similar. Just something that'll help pay for college after your service.

are you white?

Yeah

lactose intolerance or gluten free shouldnt be a restriction to join the military. im lactose intolerant and ive served just fine

No shit? I keep seeing shit online about how you cannot join if you are gluten free. I haven't spoken with anyone who has served about that though. That's probably my issue.

There are waivers for everything. People have served with much, much worse. If you're willing to serve, your recruiter will pull whatever bullshit he can to get you in. If he won't, talk to another recruiter, or talk to another branch.

Wait, wait wait, you think you wouldn't get past a recruiter? holy fuck dude, you don't know recruiters. Ever see Forest Gump? Dude, recruiters are just people trying to fill quotas, as long as you're breathing, they'll give you a try. Seriously.

im in a similar situation. GL OP

FAFSA bruv. I haven't payed a cent or military.

Kys

I've heard pussy excuses, but damn. I had an intolerance for smoking and drinking when I was 8, but you work at it and eventually you can hang with the pros.

I was in a similar situation... so i joined the air force.

read again

Start calling trade unions and schools. Get something going. Prove you are worth their time. People are paying top dollar for motivated, smart, white people.

I know this is 100% possible in Portland

Starbucks is popular there, pays a decent wage. I have a buddy who is in upper management there and is getting his private pilots license. It's all possible, find a job, build some credit history, apply for every kind of assistance, write every sob story letter, do what you got to do man. It's just going to take you longer than you think but you'll get there

OP here. I guess I'll check out the military, if that doesn't work out I'll just grind my way up to being a pilot.

Get a job in gaming. Pretty cheap to go through a trading school and make pretty good money

Thanks for the advice, I'll stop bitching.

The big thing is that you need to do something. The military isn't for everyone, but it's something good to look at. Mostly you just need to get a move on and do anything at all. You might want to do trade school. Plumbers, welders, and electricians make good money after a couple years, especially if you can get some crazy certification early in your career.

Join the airforce

That'll pay for college, give you food and shelter and give you the training you need to become a pilot.

Being in the military is a pain in the ass, but it seems that it would solve all your problems

man, what an excuse

I guess I cannot trust google for everything.