Artists who have never done anything you liked?

Artists who have never done anything you liked?
Hate Damon Albarn, hate Gorillaz, hate blur. Pretentious unlistenable shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=04mfKJWDSzI
youtube.com/watch?v=BOValSt7YOY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

U FUCKING 2

I'm with you there. Anything the guy sings over ends up sounding anemic, he can't write lyrics that are about anything, and he employs black people in lieu of having black friends.

Death grips

Can't relate

I don't think it's possible to hate everything damon albarn has done. take this song by gorillaz, it's objectively catchy

youtube.com/watch?v=04mfKJWDSzI

>Pretentious
what? how?

>Pretentious
If you think either of those acts are pretentious you're probably really fucking dumb.

>can't write songs that are about anything
Straight up wrong

The only fact in this thread

>pretentious
Fucking how

This
How is Blur and Gorillaz pretentious? Literally makes zero sense.

Yeah Damon Albarn has experimented so much, I can see how you could hate 99% of his discography but you could still find something you liked.

For example, pretty sure this was a collab with him: youtube.com/watch?v=BOValSt7YOY

>he can't write lyrics about anything
lol I remember listening to Gorillaz's first album back in elementary school thinking that the lyrics must be very deep and over my head, hoping that I'd understand when I was older. Nope. It's all about nothing. I equate it to a dream... it seems like it MUST be important, it MUST be about something, but really it's all abstract bullshit.

>blur
>gorillaz
>pretentious
KEK

But Plastic Beach is the best concept album of the 21st century

Grimes
But I've never listened to her music

You're saying that like abstract art isnt superior

Best albums from each band? For Blur its definitely 13. Gorillaz would be harder to say but the last 3 songs on Demon Days make it the best for me

Damon can write solid lyrics every now and then, but yeah its mostly just whatever sounds good with whatever melody he has.

But songs like Hong Kong, El Manana, and Amarillo have some pretty good lyrics imo.

It can work, sure, but so can something with actual substance. A really talented artist could do both.

this. How are they so loved? Their music is bland lite pop trash. They don't appear to have any fans. And yet their music is on the radio all time. Vertigo, Elevation, Beautiful Day, that brand new one, the sweetest thing, etc.

He absolutely can, listen to Hongkong or everyday robots

Damon has plenty of albums/songs with substance

How can they have a song named Hongkong AND one named Hongkongatron?

Radiohead