Let's talk about Berserk. What do you guy's think about Griffith and Guts?

Let's talk about Berserk. What do you guy's think about Griffith and Guts?

Other urls found in this thread:

berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Causality
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wish it wasn't on hiatus. I really wanna finish it already

*Muh dream intensifies*

So the show is definitely worth it? I watched 2 episodes, it didn't catch me.

The manga is better than the show but the show is okay. you should watch the three movies though if you want to skip the first three arcs of the manga

Give me comic panels to re-type in a funny way. feel free to share your ideas

I can't wait to see their final confrontation.
Even with the berserk armor i think guts is really far from the power level of femto so do you guys have an idea of how he could fill the gap ?
I think the Dragon slayer is gonna suprise us soon (well not that soon but you got the idea)

Yeah, dragon slayer has some properties to it from what I remember, I don't exactly know what those properties are though. It could be really effective against apostles and other things like them. I'm just happy that Casca is going to have her mind restored so that she will stop being completely useless

Most well written manga characters who play off each other perfectly. Not gay

True

same

>implying caska isn't going to die

Best manga that I have ever read and probably the last.

I don't even wanna think about her dying yo. After all the shit guts has gone through

>Most well written manga characters who play off each other perfectly.
>a bit gay but it's ok

This

Griffith must die.
Man do I hate hiatus's and why did the anime have to suck so bad

she'll probably die shortly after

Yeah i hope casca will recover in volume 40 so there next goal would be more apostle and demon related but i think casca will have important things to tell especially concerning her relation with guts.

Concerning the Dragon slayer we already know that the more demon it slay the more effective it is plus godo said that it was forged to kill a Dragon , i think its not about a real dragon but an apostle

Such a fucking badass sword tho

Caska can't die anytime soon. If/when she does, Guts won't have anything left to protect (he has isidro and farnese XDD) meaning he will not be able to control himself and die in the berserker armour. Caska either dies at the very end of the story, after final confrontation or right before the final confrontation.
>miura pls no

I wouldn't want her to die but if that happen i think it would not be so soon but i get the idea why you say she will die, guts would recover is rage and could find the power to kill Griffith

What a great panel i love berserk

Yeah that's what is great in berserk usually i don't like giant weapon like this it looks stupid, but in berserk i find this totally appropriate the dude is born from is hanged mother and then spend all his life to fight and train to become more powerfull, it totally fits with the caracter. I don't know how to explain but with that causality dimension and the character background it's just so great and fits well in the story

yeah i totally agree with you

She will die soon. It's almost guaranteed to happen seeing as how nothing really bad has happened to the group in a while.

Someone's going to die and it's most likely going to be Caska, because if she didn't die Guts would have no real reason to leave the island.

Still too early for her to die imo

Don't watch the new shit, watch the 97 golden arc animuh.

>implying Miura won't die before it is done
The story is a third of the way through, halfway at best and he has been drawing it for like 30 years.

Manga is amazing, but hiatus is killing me.

Original Anime series was ok, but some bits of the manga were omitted, so if you don't hate reading manga, then just read the manga.

The 3 movies were, in retrospect, pretty good. They also suffered from omitting parts of the manga (quite a bit more than the original series, due to 3 movies being way shorter than the anime series). Read the manga, then watch the movies if you wanna see a few cool scenes animated.

The newest anime is absolute shit. They skipped Lost Children arc (which was an amazing arc, read the manga), and they cheaped out on animation by going 3D. And pretty bad 3D at that.
Also the sound effects on the first half of the first season were god(hand)-awful. Search for "Clangzerk" on youtube for proof.

I can only hope that the manga is completed within my lifetime and that a quality anime is made that follows the manga to a T.
No censorship. No "artistic lisence" to change things. No skipping stuff.

I'm 99.9% sure that will never happen, though.
But that is muh dream.

That's a good dream. I share your dream user

>inb4 you get sacrificed to demons for not choosing your own destiny

In the Berserk universe Guts is literally more powerful than God.
The God of the berserk universe doesn't have it's own will, in fact, only Guts in the entire universe has his own will and is not bound by fate.

Or Maybe it's his fate to have it's own fate ?

His* sorry

Kek

No, he is unbound by fate, have you even read the manga?
His origins are basically that he shouldn't exist, but he does.

His sword and specifically the size of his sword represnt the growing burden he carries when battling. In the first few pages of volume 23 Guts asks himself if his sword has always been so heavy. This is because he is now fighting for Caska too, her burden is his to carry. And it weighs him. Honestly the perfect symbol for a character like Guts, who has developed so much in these chapters.

I was kinda joking when i wrote that and i understand your point and i share it but what i said isn't totally wrong if you think about it : he was born in death so no fate for guts yet he was found by gambino's troop according him to live, was that shisu's fate to give guts the opportunity to live and forge its own fate ?

I disagree. I think that the group (maybe not the whole group) will leave the island either becuase of something said by non-potato Caska (her wanting to see Griffith or whatever) or because of some change that has happened to the world over the time they have been on the island (remeber how time flows differently on Skellig). As for something bad happening to the group... maybe Farnese will bite the dust? Seeing how her potato-sitting skills are no longer needed. On the other hand she is learning magic so maybe her character arc is yet to end... i dont know. But i really doubt Guts is going to lose Caska right after getting her back.
>miura pls no

Let me put it in a different way, he is the only being in the universe who can choose.
Other peoples fates provide consequences for him, sure, but he can decide how to deal with said consequences, they cannot.

It would be very Berserk for her to die though.
Guts have never really needed motivation anyway.

Nah it would be a lazy, almost shounenesque way of powering up Guts and driving forward the plot. Miura has set up so many plot devices like the moonlight boy and SK to advance the plot in a more thoughtful manner. Also, something people haven't realized, from what ive read, is that Guts's character arc has already gone through the mindless rage, no need to regress back to it in such a similar way by having Caska die. He is different, matured into a protector instead of a hate filled avenger, and now that his love will come back to him he will develop once more into something else. The whole story of Berserk is about overcoming hardships, no matter how large. It is not an edgy manga about a killer who loves to kill, it's so much more.

Berserk was one of the best written, hand drawn animes with amazing music and it hit its peak with the demons and sadly its been a mess since then too.

Hiatus and hiatus, poorly done cg animations, a slowly new built team of kids that are mostly useless, long drawn out useless Casca etc etc, i sort of wish he finished Griff off as soon as he became the demon and the story continued where he became a expert demon hunter or something.

The series is just forever in slow motion and will never be as good again.

I wasn't thinking about making him full of mindless rage, but that he just goes on without knowing why he keeps going. He endures.

I really prefer the anime because the manga has the fairy and so they kept out all fantasy aspects out until the demons when guts realized theres an entire new world most people dont even know about.

Literally in the first episode there is an apostle.

t. SAO fan

Oh okay i see what you mean but i don't you think he was born with no fate, he freed , was freed ?, from his fate to be sacrified for Griffith during the eclipse, i see it more like that

berserk.wikia.com/wiki/Causality

This is the 2016 anime i think the producers supposed every body saw the movie or the first anime but yeah i agree its kinda shitty espescially about that cgi

If he had a fate he would have been killed in the eclipse like everyone else there was supposed to.
Everyone except Guts were tangled up in Griffiths fate.
Fate is one of the major themes of Berserk and Griffith and Guts are opposites.
Everyone loves Griffith, everyone dislikes Guts, Griffith is a slave to fate, Guts is not.

I just saw a few seconds of that and noped the fuck out over those beast wars level animations.

*sigh*

I know what you mean user

He is talking about the first

If anything, it's not gay ENOUGH

OP here

This has been a good thread though it's time for me to go now. thanks for taking your time to post and talk. see you later user

Why is Griffith so fucking gay?