Sorry for the lengthy post, I need some advice Sup Forums

Sorry for the lengthy post, I need some advice Sup Forums

A couple months ago, I found a locked iPhone 7 plus at a store. I tried resetting it, but it still needed their icloud password. I put it in a drawer and forgot about it until today. I turned it on and their icloud was gone so I set up the phone. However, being the dumb fuck I am, I forgot to check the IMEI number before downloading some apps. Sure enough, the IMEI is blocked by Verizon. I live in Georgia, where "A person commits the offense of theft of lost or mislaid property when he comes into control of property that he knows or learns to have been lost or mislaid and appropriates the property to his own use without first taking reasonable measures to restore the property to the owner".

So, should I try to take the phone to a Verizon store, or should I keep it because it's nice phone? Will I get in trouble if I take it to Verizon?
Can it still be tracked if FindMyPhone and the location services are off?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If nothing traces it to you, then leave it outside the Verizon store at night. Someone from Verizon would take it and there's no way they can trace it to you.

The thing is, I connected to a Wifi-Hotspot on my phone, signed into some social media, and the location on the phone was on for a short while. But if I hard reset the phone, will they be able to trace it back to me?

Proof

>Prison buttrrape incoming .....

You fucked up dude, they're gonna come for your ass, they can trace the phone.

I just made a GUI in Visual Basic, and was able to backtrace your connection from that photo. Ya dun goofed.

user stay calm I going to help.
FIRST: turn off the device and don't turn it back on until done with the process!
start looking up videos on youtube on how to take apart and repair cell phones and become familiar with the process.
once familiar go to a proper e3lectonics store and buy the tool kit necessary to take the phone apart (can be had for around $20)
next go online and purchase a new motherboard for the phone (it may run you around $150-ish) replace the motherboard and reboot to make sure that everything is working properly (you may have to get apple to flash a new os on it) then take it to the carrier of your choice and have them activate it.

what is the model number?

... I guess the party van got him

Thanks, I'll look into that. Just out of curiosity though, could the phone still be tracked if it's not connected to any network at all? I would probably just use it for the camera.

Why do you want to know?

samefag here, i was just asking so i could find a corresponding motherboard for you phone, you will need to do the same.from what i could see you wont have to shell out more than $100 for the mobo.

note: take out the sim card and keep it in airplane mode at the very least

If you take out the sim card and keep it in airplane mode then they cannot track you.

just throw the damn thing away if you're that much of a pussy (and a dumbass, who the fuck turns on a stolen phone without knowing what they're doing, seriously)

The model number is A1661

So if it's on airplane mode but the sim card is still in, they can track it?

>A1661
i found one on ebay that also has the rear housing and a battery for you.
(put dots to complete address)
www ebay com/itm/iPhone-7-Plus-Motherboard-Logic-Board-Rear-Back-Mid-Frame-Housing-Full-Black/152830028638?hash=item2395612b5e:g:OTQAAOSwSQFaNGbh

I probably should do that but I can't bring myself to throw something worth $600 away

the sim card contains info about the person that originally owned the phone in question. i would get rid of it promptly

samefag again, if you want to keep it strictly as a camera and not surf the web with it then you can just take out the sim card and keep it airplane mode and snap away. just make sure no to sync the phone when you dock it to your computer; if you don't sync the phone your computer will assume its a hard drive and you can go into file explorer to remove the pictures off of it.

give it back jamal

Thanks for the help. I'll look into replacing the motherboard, but for now I removed the sim card and put it on airplane mode.

glad to help, stay smart user