Tell me Sup Forums what's another cryptocurrency that has the same projectile growth as bitcoin...

Tell me Sup Forums what's another cryptocurrency that has the same projectile growth as bitcoin. I'm willing to wait years for the price to increase just as bitcoin did. I was thinking of investing in litecoin but do you have other suggestions Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

worldcoinindex.com/
jsecoin.com/o/?a=26121
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet
youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME
jsecoin.com/o/?a=41197
twitter.com/AnonBabble

req

None.

Either cryptocurrencies fail completely, bitcoin becomes the dominant cryptocurrency, or the rest complete constantly and never gain a huge share.

Bitcoins crashing as of January, so if you fuck up its your own fault, I've already cashed out.

So you wouldn't invest in no other forms of crypto currencies at all?

When you mean "crashing" do you mean it's going down? When you mean "cashed out" did you mean like you invested in everything you had?

I wouldn't call buying cryptocurrencies "investing". It's speculation.

Having some money in bitcoin long term is probably a good idea since it has the potential to disrupt the entire financial system. However now is a bad time to buy any crypto since they are all hugely over valued, at least in the short-mid term. Most coins which are not bitcoin are going to completely fail to deliver on their promises. Perhaps bitcoin as well.

You're a bit late to the crypto-party; most early investors have already pulled out their initial investments + a sizeable profit and are riding the bubble as the general population inflate the shit out of it.

In saying that Iota is looking promising and still cheap to buy into. I'd avoid Etheruem, Bitcoin and Litecoin if I was new to this space.

What is Iota and how much is it? (American dollars for 1 whole Iota). What makes you say it's looking promising?

Same thouths here bro. There is big divergarion on 1D chart that last grow is head fake

About $3.82USD. Bitcoin is struggling with scaling issues and extremelpy high transaction fees as more and more people jump on board. Iota doesn't use 'Blockchain' (the technology behind Bitcoin) but instead something they've termed 'The Tangle'. It handles transactions better and the tech scales better + zero transaction fees.

Be frank with me from another user Sup Forumsro to another Sup Forumsro. Would you personally invest in it? Also how much would you suggest buying in Iota?

I have invested in IOTA.

I'd put in as much as your comfortable losing. I dropped $8,000 into Bitcoin a year ago which people called me crazy for but I knew the gains would be great and I was okay with potentially losing that amount. It really depends on your financial situation.

Also people recommend an investment strategy called 'dollar cost averaging' where you invest a small amount weekly for a period of time, rather than dropping one large sum into the mix. I'd say fuck that, drop as much as you can as early as you can. Trust me the price is going up for Cryptos all the time and rarely drops so I wouldn't hang around waiting for the perfect time to invest, you'll just end up missing out.

but this strategy applies more to the second tier altcoins. If you're looking into Bitcoin, Ethereum or Litecoin (which I wouldn't really recommend) I'd ease yourself in slowly simply because it looks like we could be in a bubble with a price correction likely in the next 6 months. Buying Bitcoin now is extremely risky, Ethereum and Litecoin might be okay but I'd wait for a price correction and buy when it hits a low.

You know how bitcoin is BTC, litecoin and LTC but when it comes to Iota what's the shorten name of it? Also how many Iota coins do you have btw? Also is there an app to see the progression/decreasing of Iota coins?

40 out of the 100 or so in coinmarketcap actually run on the ethereum network

eth will win

I know BTC is has already moon and probably it's price bubble will pop but what's your suggestion on investing in litecoin? How long do you suggest on waiting? Each day when it comes to both ETH and LTC there both slowly increasing everyday which I don't mind the wait but how long do you think it would be over the price goes down?

worldcoinindex.com/

more than 100.

IOTA is still in a very early alpha, it's not even running as it's meant to yet and relies on a coordinator node

the tangle could be the future, but it could also be a pipedream

id rather sit out and see how it develops for now

So with each Iota being 3.82USD and you have 100 thus you have $382 USD. When did you invest in it like what price did you invest in it before the price increased?

You mention to sit out and see how it works but when do you suggest to stop sitting and actually invest in?

The exact opposite of this. Bitcoin, litecoin and ethereum are decent. Monero and zcash are good too, as people are actually using them.

Most other coins are pump and dump

Bitcoin is almost certainly due for a price correction, it is in a bubble 100% and way over-valued. You could put a small amount in BTC as a 'just incase' but expect to lose it in 6 months time.

Litecoin and Etherum are less likely to correct but there is always a risk. You'd be safer jumping in with these two. It's hard too say what you should do though because I'm not a financial advisor and I don't want to be responsible for any money you might lose. However, if it were me in your situation I'd go all in on ETH, LTC & IOTA presuming you're planning to hold long-term.

LTC has gone up 8000% TYTD and ETH is up 8500%.

I'd suggest diversifying your assists. Maybe invest a bit in each that way if one tanks your profits from another will keep you from taking a massive loss.

Thanks for the suggestion bro and that you said was my original plan but thanks for the help man.

IOTA is a terrible investment. It's hyped by investors, but has been condemned by anyone who knows a shit about blockchain tech.

The price is still growing despite everything you mentioned... Most people don't give a shit about using it as a form of monetary transfer but as an investment. regardless of the issues the tech is having it is working perfectly fine as an appreciating asset...

When it stops being centralized (i.e the coordinator node they currently have making things somewhat work) and they actually implement the decentralized structure, and the transaction speeds and fees turn out as they say will.

Actually it's fallen pretty hard from its ATH of 5$ to 3.50$ or so after it got pumped to shit and fomo'd by noobs.

Then what's a better investment to make?

Yes, but by that logic, just invest in anything that's trending upwards if you don't care about whether it's actually useful or not.

not the guy you asking, but with what intention do you want to invest short/medium/long term?

Are you actually serious? Every other crypto is exactly the same. It increases to a new record-high and then crashes hard but it is still sitting higher than where it began prior to the rise.

If anything it's on sale currently.

Bitcoin, because it's the gold standard and has the most adoption.

Litecoin, because it's like bitcoin but is actually useful as a currency right now.

Ethereum because it's first to market for smart contracts and has the most adoption.

ZCash and Monero because they're anonymous currency and people are actually using them to buy drugs etc.

Pretty much everything else is a keynesian beauty contest

I said it before but I will say it again.

Diversify if you want but you want a big chunk in ETH. If you go to coinmarketcap and look at the top 100, 40 of those run on the ethereum network.

Guess what happens if one of those tokens delivers an actually useful product? Not only will the token itself skyrocket, but it will prove ethereum works.

I want both an mid term and long term investment return.

Not every other crypto is exactly the same.

IOTA isn't even running as intended, the top currencies are at least.

You only think it's on sale because for some magical reason it will rise again but guess what? it might actually not move for ages

Why do things rise in price?

`1. asset proves to be valuable
2. gets pumped by whales
3. gets fomo'd by noobs

1 doesnt apply to iota currently, so you're left with 2 and 3. Go ahead and knock yourself out if you think it's getting pumped again for no reason. Crypto is already too volatile to invest on shit that isnt even working as intended

Also what's considered mid term and long term investment returns? What I mean by this is how many months/years is defined to be mid term and long term investments?

I'd go with ethereum, monero, bitcoin

guy above me already underlines their pros

also ethereum futures will be launching soon. bitcoin futures made btc skyrocket. it's reasonable to expect eth futures also will make it rally.

start investigating the technology first and look at the market for at least a few days so you can make a somewhat informed decision. dont invest on something that you don't know how it works. be smart, good luck.

i mean personally i consider long term anything above 5 years

Thanks for the help man. With that being said have you personally invested in any cryptocurrency yourself,if so what type and how much?

Stupid cunts. It's all a scam.
They will buff prices, u will buy, then they will be 'hacked'.

Bitcoin was made by NSA.

Litecoin is no different.

Grow up - get a job - and work for your cash.

Stop being skeezy fuckwits that want a free hand in life.

Pretty much in agreement with each everything this user says. Will also suggest Ripple as one that will be around for good. And being backed by the banks, although it goes against the spirit of crypto, moms and dads will like it and throw money in.

If anyone wants in on a new crypto JSE have just started up and will begin trading in the new year. for anyone who signs up they'll deposit 0.12 JSEcoin into your account. jsecoin.com/o/?a=26121 Can even start mining straight away to build up your balance. As a new crypto it might bubble away, it might take off, it might set you up for a comfortable future. Who knows, but you'll be on board without having paid a cent. And with no further obligation.

TLDR: diversify your money across different cryptos. And good luck.

ive invested in eth only. also looking to getting into app development in ethereum.

I know i also mentioned btc and monero, because im considering it as well atm.

haven't put in a crazy amount of money because it's dumb to get balls deep in something that could very well be a big bubble about to pop. but i do put in a bit every month.

only invest the amount you're willing to lose

>only invest the amount you're willing to lose
Cannot stress this enough people.

Also pay no attention to BTC stories in the media. They have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Are there any good/prefered guides for setting up a litecoin or ethereum wallet? It's been a while since I have done anything with crypto and I'm rusty.

bitcoin cash, dashcoin, vivocoin

bump

Open your eyes. Normies r coming. its time to quit.

>normies are coming
awesome
please, drive demand and increase the value of my portfolio
i wont stop you

Please tell me you don't believe that. Normies still have no idea. Most don't even know what BTC is let alone could name 2 currencies. No advisors are game to stick their necks out and tell Mom and Dad clients to invest. They're all still cautious.
When they start getting on board there will be a flood of money. Anyone who is in now, provided they've chosen stable 'normie attracting' units, can expect to do well.

Mate. That's the messy thing. Not many guides out there because people to busy making money to write about it. Also because no one really seems to know what they're doing. There'll be heaps of books in ten years time.
I would suggest a paper wallet for extra security. And record everything. Lots of screenshots. Write it down even. So many stories of people losing their key and having no access to the 50 bitcoins the mined back in 2012

I mined like 0.001-0.01 back in 2012 idk if its worth finding since its on an old HDD

Trying hard as fk to get a loan from my friends (struggling to find work in new country) so i can invest in cryptocurrencies, everyone thinks im crazy for even thinking about it hahah

Eth

Are you mentally challenged?

Not investing in wabi What the fuck op

I guess since I ask and still waiting for a answer Sup Forumsro

fucking pajeet

What's a paper wallet? Can you explain it to me user

Time to quit? The normies are throwing their money at every fucking shill.
Time to buy

Good luck bro. Stick with it. Even just $100 a time when you can spare it. The possibility of big gains and getting I'm before others makes it worth the risk imo

>Ignore opportunity do what I do and be a happy wage slave. Hard work is its own reward. Your personal investments are my business!

Go pound railroad ties motherfucker.

Literally just a printed document with your deets. Just store it like anything else paper that is valuable. It's like a record of your assets.

Like many things crypto can be difficult to explain plus I'm writing on my phone. Heres a link en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Paper_wallet

Even living on a good friends salary which is low, so cant even spare 20$ haha :/
Just hope the "goldrush" aint over when i got money to finally invest with ..

bullshit

Only $700mil in BTC.
Well done bro. I'm happy for you. Love the fact this has opened up the possibility of incredible wealth for average Joes.

I think I just came.

>This.

People don't wanna work for their stuff anymore, always just a bunch of fags lookin for an easy way out. No morals, no honor, just filthy brown skinned cunts in BMW's.

Dogecoin. 1 year from now it will be hitting $500 a coin.

Ok understood. If you're that bad then hit the link this user posted. At least that can get you in on a crypto without anything upfront..

>muh welfare queens
welcome to the 2010's asshole
I want money for a surgery I can't afford working slightly above minimum wage

Haha thx but ill skip!

art

youtube.com/watch?v=KAExa9P7hME

>
>What is Iota and how much is it? (American dollars for 1 whole Iota). What makes you say it's looking promising?
If you're thinking in starting to invest start thinking in Bitcoin, fuck your USD!

They aren't worth a lot (I think like .003 or something like that) so I honestly invest in like maybe like over a 1000 of them just in case they do rise in price.

If u wanna do a good deed to a poor Sup Forumsro
Merry xmas!

16fGmsybRoXkmK mCzmZkrkeex8tw92xpzU

>Spot the pedo that thinks pizzagate is fake news.

Help me give my daughters a good Christmas bitch of a ex wife took everything merry Christmas and thank you please
15N93WoBM3b72TAVJ csREEmonBqbJ3UR6c

Fuck off scumbag third worlder.

1 bitcoin would save my life, papabitcoin

1J3guLEZKeZvmkHZ1t
mvFqJG98JXwyj5gA

Satoshi bless you

"average joes" didn't get in early enough that they could afford it.

Good luck user. I can't help but here, have a bump

Look into emercoin

impressive

1PL9zdjZpeTNMgryX AcQo1HrduDGG8yUtP

can i just nicely ask for a new xbox one x, cant ask parents this time around because business going bad this year.

can't buy it myself cause i work for free with them to help out

How would you feel about making me be you and your daughters bitcoin slave

Are you new or something? I can turn 10$ of LTC then transfer to another cryptocurrency that'll probably go up and turn it into 100$

Seems some people just have their minds made up that it's all a scam. Oh well, pity them. In 3 years time when many of us are doing well and they're going nowhere financially they can't say they weren't aware of it.

What's so special about monero? Does the traceability thing mean something. Is it worth investing in for that reason alone? Doesn't that also mean could be shut down?

This man is Nostradamus. Nice work. I hope to have a fraction of what you've accomplished.

1LqieSbNsNeGU4RJ61tp
WD4SgWZXkCwFiz

Looking for an /x/ Discord server?

http discord dot gg slash zkuFyqn

By their very nature, no blockchain-based technology can be "shut down." They are distributed, it's not as simple as the government shutting down some server somewhere. If people choose to adopt a blockchain currency on any widespread scale, there is absolutely nothing anyone can do to make it go away

JSEcoin looks pretty good and are giving free bonuses for signing up before it releases

jsecoin.com/o/?a=41197

Thank you for the response. Makes perfect sense. Better than what I read on CNN they just said it was bad and evil...

Yep. I'm already on board with them. Agree they look solid. Reason I like em is easy to mine. Especially coz not many cunts or in on it yet. Good luck with your referrals bro. I've made about $120 from that alone

(((CNN))) greatly fears cryptocurrencies. That said, we are, indeed, unironically in a bubble right now. Normies have invested with absolutely no idea what they are buying or why. Yes it is true that bitcoin (or maybe some better crypto) could reach $250,000 per coin someday. That is the price bitcoin would need to equal the market cap of USD in circulation, which would be the case if bitcoin received near-universal adoption as a currency. But I am willing to bet the bubble will pop once or twice before then. I expect bitcoin to drop to $5000 sometime in the next 6 months, and it will take all the other cryptos down with it. They will slowly rise back up, but not until the dipshit normies learn a lesson first. The lesson being: don't treat bitcoin as a stock market. It's supposed to be a currency.

You know what. I pretty much agree with you. I think you are on point. Btc is the o e everyone else talks about. I expect it to go down to $3k-$5k level, then stay there for a bit before shooting up again. It's what it's been doing all along.
Honestly expect a lot of people to get burnt. But also many to do well when it shoots up again. And yeah $250k is a conservative amount imo, wouldn't be surprised if it gets close to seven figures.

But hey what do I know? I'm just a welder who has made a small amount in the last year. This while learning as I go. I could be talking out of my ass or saying exactly what a financial advisor is charging big bucks for.
Either way it's gonna be a fun ride and my asshole has been constantly clenched tight.

help me user plox u da best

forgot to add file