Is pic related the most patrician GYBE! album?

Is pic related the most patrician GYBE! album?
>inb4 "emotionally dishonest" maymay

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=46Kg1ehV19w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yeah, it's definitely my favourite. it sucks that it gets slept on because it doesn't have all the files recordings (which I love btw). but it's very consistent, the violins are beautiful througout the entirety and it holds one long feel throughout the album and doesn't let down until it's finished. my favourite tracks are 09-15-00 (Pt. I) and Motherfucker=Redeemer (Pt. I).

As time went on I grew more fond of Yanqui, definitely tied for my favorite at least.

all lights fucked on the hairy amp drooling

if the band publicly announces "we are talentless hacks" in those exact words i'll upload it in 64kbps

It's definitely up there. I know it's the popular answer to say skinny fists but it's hard to deny the patrician-ness of LYSF.
>Storm
Very good buildup without putting too much emphasis on the crescendos, noisy parts are cool and the field recording/piano bit at the end is top notch
>Static
Very ambient song without any real direction. Very chilling
>Sleep
Their best song, in my opinion. Again, not too much focus on crescendos but uses them to the full extent. Transition from first half to second using a warped version of the motif from Storm is great
>Antennas to Heaven
God tier closer. So many noises that fit well together and Moya Sings Baby-o is one of my favorites GYBE moments

what does emotionally dishonest even mean

especially for an album with no words

Albini saved Godspeed

meaning the lyrics and composition of the song lies to you

this band is really bad, i hope you grow out of it soon lads.

>moya sings baby-o
>literally the I LOVE U JESUSSSSS CHRIST of the album

what is it lying about

I think it's a cool way to start the song

why has it become a trend to hate GYBE? used to be one of the most universally liked bands in Sup Forums
Is there a lot of samefagging involved?

>without any real direction
?
The buildup in that one is probably the most intense thing they've ever recorded, moreso than even Mladic

your feelings

but how

i have never liked them, i have liked some Sup Forums core before though. they sound like they want to make something like classical music but they are really poor at it. alot of rock is like this, few know this

For me it's about 50/50 split between actual buildup/cool down and ambient sound. I like both parts a lot just to clarify

It's up there.
Vinyl version is the definitive one

if you mean 'their worst album' then yeah

Newfriends who listened to one or two GY!BE albums but never owned it in physical form suddenly sees the new album's notes from the promo version and they were all like "woooow their political inclination is not equal to mine???? I hate gybe now"

>tfw your post-rock phase is over and 99% of it sounds like junk now

My post rock phase is still going strong but I phased out the buttpost and kept in earlier acts like Talk Talk and Tortoise.

>>inb4 "emotionally dishonest" maymay
Get with the times, buddy. The new maymay is pretending they're bad because of their politics.

that comes from the same Sup Forumsfags who praise varg's nonsensical videos. I enjoy filosofem and hvis lyset tar oss, but his political views are cringeworthy

But OP didnt post asunder sweet and other distress

F# is way better, this album was pretty boring overall :/

>if you aren't literally a syndicalist you must like varg
really ignites the neurons

Emotionally dishonest music is a form of experimental rock[3] characterized by the influence and use of instruments commonly associated with rock music, but using rhythms and "guitars as facilitators of timbre and textures" not traditionally found in rock. Emotionally dishonest bands are often instrumental.[4][5][3] Although firmly rooted in the indie or underground scene of the 1980s and early 1990s, emotionally dishonest music’s style often bears little resemblance musically to that of contemporary indie rock.[5][3]
Prominent emotionally dishonest groups include Sigur Rós, Explosions in the Sky, Godspeed You! Black Emperor, Stereolab, Mogwai, Disco Inferno, and Tortoise, with individual styles between groups differing widely despite being centered on guitars and drums. As such, the term has been the subject of controversy from listeners and artists alike.[6]

this means nothing

how new are you?

ive never seen that pasta and i've been here for like 4 years

I've been in this cycle for a while. Post-rock sounds like the greatest thing in the world for a few months, then I get bored of it and wonder how I ever memed myself into listening to lengthy naval-gazing albums for any period of time. And a few months after that the cycle repeats and I love it again.

fuck the patricians all power to the proletariat

youtube.com/watch?v=46Kg1ehV19w