Democratically, what do we collectively think of her?

Democratically, what do we collectively think of her?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiDsa3QtcfWAhVL4yYKHdYXBFoQyCkILTAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA&usg=AFQjCNFb9mk_lO6gTddFXnK8LvAwPVv7_w
youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY
youtube.com/watch?v=vqGPq1zrD5E
famousbirthdays.com/people/that-poppy.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cute and cool

I'd go $3k for a sex doll

Casting my vote for "Literally who"

mediocre pop act with cringey gimmick
certified qt

Simple, effective concept you'd have to be retarded to not get (her name literally spells it out).
She gets her concept across without superfluous bullshit so she is objectively good with regards to herself. She's not really any good otherwise. I appreciate her.

I like her because she's cute and her music is cute. It's pretty brainless otherwise.

>Poppy is objectively good
Huh wow

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiDsa3QtcfWAhVL4yYKHdYXBFoQyCkILTAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4qzPbcFiA&usg=AFQjCNFb9mk_lO6gTddFXnK8LvAwPVv7_w

Huh wow

there's no more room in planet

Damn...

her music is fun and i like the gimmick. not a whole bunch to say beyond that

she has really big feet :/

>implying that isn't a good thing
sounds like SOMEONE'S an insecure manlet

Concept: pop music is mundane and monotonous
Approach: put on monotone voice, personify pop music, be conventionally attractive, make the most basic pop music.

It works, does what it intends to. She is pretty much doing what John Maus is without the academic shit.

Post more of her body of work

All I found from this set were just a few more pics but they weren't even half as good. I assume there's more of this set. They've gotta have at least 50 pictures

she has some good songs youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY
but most of them are trash youtube.com/watch?v=vqGPq1zrD5E

She's like 8 years old. Fuck off with this shit.

she's 22 idiot

famousbirthdays.com/people/that-poppy.html
>Birthday: January 1, 2001
Hello time traveler.

poor man's grimes

>Concept: pop music is mundane and monotonous
>Approach: put on monotone voice, personify pop music, be conventionally attractive, make the most basic pop music.
When your idea of satire and parodying something you don't enjoy doesn't in any way differ from the genre of music you're trying to parody, sorry, you've failed. And is it not the case that she condemns celebrity pedestals and manufactured pop stars?
>She is pretty much doing what John Maus is without the academic shit.
Nothing says academia recognition like synthpop and a Depeche Mode clone.

nah i looked it up just out of curiosity and in an actual real article about her it says she's 22. pretty sure that website you linked just has incorrect dates for some ppl or something. sorry for calling you an idiot

This is incorrect. She's in her early 20s.

I like both.

THREE THIRTY SIX?
OH NO
I'M LAAAAAAAATE

>It isn't what it is because I know some unrelated words and invented strict standards for unrelated projects
Fuck off

I get that her shtick is to act like a vapid popwhore, but you still gotta have a "certain something" to be a star. And she doesn't have it.

That something is called financial backers.

i want to fuck this whore lol

What are you even talking about?
youtube.com/watch?v=lwnoSeiAFSY
I'm sorry you don't want to hear it, but this would pass if it was pushed by Max Martin and a well-known record label.

I want to fuck that titanic guy

After all, worse things have succeeded with a good marketing strategy. Let me just remind you of Mili Vanili.

Nah. You can't just turn anyone into a star. Guys like Simon Cowell get paid the big bucks to find that one-in-a-million combination of talent+looks+charisma that it takes to become a real star. I'm no Simon Cowell, but even I can
tell this chick just doesn't have it.

do the people from those shows actually go on to having the "it" factor? or do they just stay >oh yea, that's the guy/girl that won that talent show

More the latter, I think. But you gotta understand, Simon Cowell was a world-class talent finder before he was doing the TV talent shows. A lot of that is just put on for the show, and not really real. It was probably just a more stable, better-paying gig than what he was doing before.

Holy shit, fuck off.

>not wanting to fuck Poppy AND Titanic
pls

What the fuck are you on about? You're replying to me with some random bullshit nonsense.
I literally and briefly outlined what a girl does was responded to be someone claiming that all commentary is negative and has to be a parody and now I get replied to again by some retard saying
>Ugh the pop music she is imitating in an ultra banal way to highlight how mundane it is is produced by a guy who could produce songs for her!
Oh wow, so fucking what? Literally has nothing to do with my post, fuck off replying to me.

Did I strike a nerve? Baby.

>Simon Cowell was a world-class talent finder
Not sure where you heard that. Cowell got his spot at Sony BMG for licensing a one off single from some shit TV show. He kept doing that and making money. One of his biggest signings was the teletubbies.
He was involved with TV lisencing deals so he ended up being on the TV shows.

Post more Poppy

Why are you so mad? Perhaps, even though my posts are slightly unrelated, there's something you don't want to hear in them.

what does her butt look like
can you faggots go back to talking about issues that matter?

I'm mad that there's some illiterate retard trying to argue with me despite knowing nothing about anything.
kys

Someone's definitely talking about her, there's another thread:

>You don't know anything man
>Kys
Brilliant.

Oh? Well, maybe I got the wrong impression then.
Even so, while Simon might just play one on TV, my point was talent finders do exist.

Pls take that advice you mong.

milli vanilli's songs were way better than poppy
they made legit great eurotrash pop

What do you disagree with exactly? Isn't her persona supposed to be satirical? Isn't her music also supposed to be satirical, although it's clearly the same as the pop stars she condemns?

They didn't even sing on their records for crying out loud. How is that great by any stretch of the imagination?

Who is being condemned? Why do millennials think commentary is always a condemnation? Just because she has a gimmick that highlights the mundanity of pop music doesn't mean she is against it. The stance is clearly neutral.

i get the satire that they're doing, but they'll soon sell out. And wtf is a streamy?

>Just because she has a gimmick that highlights the mundanity of pop music doesn't mean she is against it. The stance is clearly neutral.
Perhaps. It's all a gimmick and a certain shtick either way.

Everything in culture is a gimmick.

That just settles it then.

lol what a pseudodeep post

Yeah, she's good with respect to herself but sort of meh in other respects.

>They didn't even sing on their records for crying out loud
how is that relevant to whether the songs are any good?

Those aren't even their songs in a way. And there is no objective method of discerning if music is objectively good.

Pls give me an example of a cultural identity that isn't a gimmick.
Culture is an invention by humanity and it is made up of memes (literally the word meme means unit of culture and has been around since before you were born). Your personality is just a load of memes, literally. It's hardly a fair criticism to call out a persona for being what a persona is

really made me think

This is what I can completely agree with you on. isn't mine.

>there is no objective method of discerning if music is objectively good.
Yes there is, or are to be specific.
Objectivity is evaluating the qualities that something has so if you have a scale that judges those qualities then you can objectively place an object on that scale.
Objectivity just requires criteria for evaluation and someone who understands that different work has different qualities and requires different criteria.

Good, that's literally what I posted the first time.

>Yes there is, or are to be specific.
Really? Could you share a link to your peer-reviewed studies on the matter?

>Pls give me an example of a cultural identity that isn't a gimmick.
faggot, gimmick is a signifier that doesn't have a completely clear cut meaning, so of course you can use it like that, you can use it on pretty much anything. doesn't mean shit. you haven't reach a new insight, you don't even have a point.
culture is made of memes, what's your point? what's your point, so far you're just using language to literally say nothing

You could just look up object theory so you know what words mean instead.

Oh, just look up the definitions of words, right? And you're claiming you've made a scientific breakthrough.

What are you on about? Objectivity and subjectivity are clearly defined. Some long-dead philosophers argued that universal objectivity is not something that can be proven and that has nothing to do with assessing things with regards to a given criteria. It's also very easy to objectively analyse most work with regards to itself because anything done well will want to be understood.

>Objectivity and subjectivity are clearly defined
We're not talking about the definitons of those two words.
>there is no objective method of discerning if music is objectively good.
>Yes there is, or are to be specific.
So, again I ask, where's a link to your peer-reviewed studies on the matter?

>I can't read or follow a simple line of thought
A piece of music can easily be judged with regards to itself and if it actually it's own goal then it is good conceptually.
A piece of music can easily be judged by any other metric in the same way. The criteria needs to be listed. Nothing is outright 'good'. Something is a good something. If you can't formulate a full sentence and think there's some magical universal good then you're a fucking retard and you need to learn how to read and figure out the context of a statement, brainlet.

>The criteria needs to be listed. Nothing is outright 'good'
Finally.
>If you can't formulate a full sentence and think there's some magical universal good then you're a fucking retard and you need to learn how to read and figure out the context of a statement, brainlet.
What are you talking about? Where did I even come as close to imply this? But you had to find a way to insult someone, I understand.

OP here: what's the consensus?

>Finally
Literally what I wrote in the first place, knob-head
If you can't follow the rest of the post then you don't understand at all but I'll reword it
>It has to be good as regards something If you think there's a flat, universal good and can't tell the context of the discussion where good is used then you have a mental disability

She's good, but not so much in the grand scheme of things.

Your double dubs make it official. Thank you.

No problem. Glad we could settle this once and for all.
Tentenko needs to be confirmed good next.

stop memeing tentenko faggot, i don't want these autists getting into her

I'd rather they waifupost about someone good and help her make more money than spam Grimes and clairo.

Define gimmick

Ha ha, too late.

>those gloves
mfw not double-fisted by poppy

A persona meant to easily be read based on tropes and memes that the target audience will recognise and quickly understand the identity of the character.
Example: Stone Cold, Lil Peep, the kid on school who writes Metallica on his backpack and paints his nails, anyone who identifies as a fan of something.