So if two cars, each moving at 60mph collide at 120mph, then two cars each moving at c collide at 2c?

So if two cars, each moving at 60mph collide at 120mph, then two cars each moving at c collide at 2c?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_transformation#Physical_formulation_of_Lorentz_boosts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Depends on angle of collision. Also on the cars involved, size and whatnot.

Head on, twice the size of the universe.

Nope. The closing speed is 120 but the impact speed is 60mph for each car (assuming equal mass and deformation).
Newton's Third Law, nigga.

Since you can’t go faster than c, I guess the force of 2 cars colliding at c would equal 2c. Not a physicist though.

So if the closing speed is approaching 2c, and nothing can move faster than c, what exactly is happening?

no, the force is just like 60mph
you use retarded units, it shows you're retarded as well

okay, 96.56 km/117964800 quartz oscillations you intelligentsia monkey

imagine the cars start off toward each other from 120 miles apart. if the both travel at 60mph, they will impact in one hour.

The combined speed (closing speed) is 120mph.

I would FUCK Adrianna LaCerva

Yeah, she looked amazing in the Sopranos. She has aged pretty decently too... Meadow (Jamie-Lynn Sigler) was also REALLY good looking and just got better looking through the series but she aged badly.

No, I get that. But if the closing speed of two objects combined is >c, then does gravity between the two objects also maintain that speed? How is that even possible?

I would fuck Drea de Matteo, LaCervas a dead bukyak in the jersey pines.

Imagine a pot for this equation that will store the energy we are going to use.

Each car puts in a velocity of 60, therefore the energy to be distributed between the two cars at impact cannot exceed the total input number.
eg 2c/2 cars = 1c per car.

Please respond to this:

This guy knows his physics

No, it would still collide at c, since you consider two inertial systems, one for each car.

> (You)
>Please respond to this:

No, Drea de Matteo is not really my type.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_transformation#Physical_formulation_of_Lorentz_boosts

RTFM

No, they collide at c.

they collide at d

kek