Why is the cost of ddr4 ram fucking 100$ for one stick of 8gb when it used to be fucking 50$ Sup Forums?

why is the cost of ddr4 ram fucking 100$ for one stick of 8gb when it used to be fucking 50$ Sup Forums?

Blame bitcoin

The memory chips used in these are all going into cell phones so teenage girls can take fucking selfies with filters n shit.

apple is the reason

Jews did this

i only have fucking 4gb of ram Sup Forums what do i do

demand>supply
'Merica

All of these are correct. Also diminishing supplies of rare-earth metals mostly controlled by China. Also inflation creeping up in the US after staying low for a while after the recession

one of the supply factorys blew up giving the other 2 a dualopily like apple and samsung

when I bought *gb was 25 for 8gb 2133

I remember paying $150.00 for 32 meg....kek
I had friends stop by just to witness the awesomeness

The US has more rare earths than china FYI
its just china literally works people to death in their mines due to thorium contamination.
In the US, people like to spend the money they make.

Thorium being very common in rare earth ores

He's right you know.

It was the Hyneix factory that blew up.

>$50 for 8 gigs
I didn't know it was ever that cheap.

it was 30 for the essentials 8gb kit 2 years ago

Fun fact: this feed was streamed live and the guy recording it died.

Yeah, we do have rare-earth reserves, just buried deeper/harder to extract than China's. We aren't mining here yet because it's still more expensive than buying from China. Once the price goes up enough we'll start digging

kms

And its not a big price either.
Its like the potash hilarity, few cents increase per ton, negligible increase on end product and resource, but its the end of the world to many who base on the super low price of today.

Prices are crazy. I only paid $317.99 9 months ago for the ram in the pic.

The jews

world wide flash chip shortage

The bigger problem with the situation is the time and capital required to open a mine. If China decided to shut off the supply, yeah, the rest of the world could replace it eventually, but it would take a few years.

it fucking was

A number of the mines in the US are still on standby.
We also need much less time as leaching fields are now replaced with the cytodextrin extraction method.
Time span of mine start to new methods is 2 quarters.
fresh supply available by 3rd quarter.

World wide chip shortage.

Im going to take a potato chip
AND EAT IT

No brown people to liberate from their oppressive resources.

you what?
i got 2x16 for my mitx at 160 1.5 year ago and it was supposed to be relatively high then

A year and a half and its twice the fucking price