Severely overrated games thread go

Severely overrated games thread go

TF2, CS, DOTA2, SC2, LoL, Overwatch, Rocket League.
Entire Call of Duty and Battlefield franchises.

/thread

Final Fantasy 13, worst storytelling Ive ever seen.

reveal nothing for a massive amount of time, then have one villian reveal everything in a 5 minute speech. what the fuck.

Agree with you partially on Rocket League. It's fun to have a play around on for a bit but fuck me is it repetitive.

San Andreas

edgy 13 year old trying to fit in with the cool kids

but 2b

Boring as fuck.

Maybe, but he is right.

Kid you just suck at videogames

This is so wrong it hurts

seriously fuck that game tho, I love final fantasy it's a great series, (for the most part) but 7 is a piece of shit

Sounds like you should stick to single player games, that's what I do.

I work 65-75 hours a week, I don't have time to 'git gud kid'. So I avoid most online multiplayer games.

Average third person shooter gameplay, and full of zombie story cliches.

I don't know how it got so much attention it really was sub par

holy shit fucking this, game is boring and sucks

battletoads

13th Age did everything this did, a year earlier and did most of it better.

Yeah but Battletoads & Double Dragon was GOAT

battletoads is awesome fuck you. I'm sorry you suck so much at it

you start

how the fuck can be "edgy" to not like some games?

you retards need to learn how to use your meme words properly

I did fuck ff7 and fuck you for liking it

nah this game was breddy gud on all fronts
decent writing, challenging but engaging gameplay, good world design, fantastic music, etc. etc.

Guess you'd think so though if you couldn't handle any weeb shit, can understand that

Every single call of duty ever released.

this. aged terribly, was pretty good when it came out but even then it was still pretty flawed.

Except 2

Fuck you sir.

Ratchet and clank, jak and daxter, the last of us, uncharted...just...nauuncharted...just...naughty dog

It's competitive as fuck. Not really repetitive unless sports type games aren't your gig.

You'r are insane.

what...nuancharted shouldn't be there lol

Ya'll need to pull your heads out of each other's asses. At the time it came out, that game was insane. Between the total story playing out in 3 discs, a story that in and of itself was ridiculously detailed, and a magic system that let you do damn near whatever you wanted, FF7 was fucking beautiful

without mods

I don't give a shit the magic system in 8 was 100 times better

This was only average at best

Except for that whole having to draw magic thing. That sucked shit.

The magic system in 8 was cumbersome as fuck and while interesting, wouldn't have been fucking possible if VII hadn't paved the way

and yet I still think it's the best of the bioshock franchise.
Yes I played 1 and 2. Didn't like either of them. Whole franchise is overrated imo

bioshock 1 was by far the best, Elizabeth is an overrated character

GTA V

Fine game but just a bleh setting compared to IV, was barely able to beat it

what exactly makes this game so great in (your) and everyone elses minds? I just thought it was a boring, repetitive, typical run-of-the-mill singleplayer FPS. The world was kind of cool, I guess, but it wasn't anything to write home about.

agree on this 100%. I fucking LOVED GTA IV, even though it was technically awful compared to the scope of GTAV, GTA V just didn't scratch that itch for me. Maybe its because they focused too much on the multiplayer longevity of the game, idk. I much more prefer singleplayer GTA to online.

Honestly not a huge bioshock fan to begin with, I kinda liked the simplicity of it though, I grew up on shit like doom quake and duke nukem, very straightforward shooters, and I felt it was like that with upgrades along the way and a decent story

4>>>

Yeah that one sucked. No real info in it.

fuck you

Full of plotholes and awkward gameplay. Walking Dead and Until Dawn felt like a better versions of this type of game.

yeah, I see where you're coming from I guess. That being said I much preferred the 2016 doom to pretty much any singleplayer FPS that year

2016 doom is like the best game ever

Bioshock 1 had shit gameplay. Death wasn't even a setback. I finished the game without using guns or plasmids.

awful, angsty writing
thank god I bought this on sale

Anything Zelda related

Close the fucking thread/

kek someone doesn't appreciate good game design when they see it

not sure who told you that game was good

well aren't you fucking special

game is shit

This nigga knows what's up.

How dare you suggest that this is a game.

Nope. Been playing since a young'in. The games just aren't that good. Although, I do admit, I want to play Breath of the Wild.

Breath of the wild is pretty cool. Probably one of my favorite games in the series. Wind waker is good for nostalgia purposes but there are a lot of poorly done titles under the IP as well. OOT was unbelievable for its era though, even if it might not have aged well.

Honestly, it's hard to deny that, but the story really is that good to make you overlook it.

I loved the gameplay in the first one

Check the internet my guy
usually don't listen to the contrarians that visit Sup Forums but for once they were right

kek true. Speaking of which here's another one

I have a weird relationship with the Zelda games. I know they're good. I know there's a passionate team behind them, but it never sticks with me. I always try every 3rd game.

Halo

It wasnt the best FF, but it was still incredible.

Battle toads
Pokemon

first halo was really good. Went downhill fast though, new releases were fucking plain awful

>no

fucking this

pokemon won't be good until they actually become willing to switch up the formula that they've been shitting out for the past 20 years. It's getting fucking old, game freak.

This one right here, criminally overrated.

I mean it's a great game but people fucking laud it as the best of all time? sorry folks you're retarded

cool kid spotted

>look at me, I'm illiterate and can't read the info built into the game

You've entirely missed the point. Everyone knows this is a shit game.

agreed

Out of context I can see how you'd think FFVII is overrated. But when that game came out there was little to nothing else like it on the market. It had a rich story line, character development, side quests and games, optional super bosses, and giant fucking chickens. Also a black dude who said "sheeeeeeit". In 1997 that game was unfuckingbelievably amazing. It still holds up, but mostly for nostalgia's sake.

I'm sorry if this scared you, but this is criminally overrated.

Amen

smash bros melee

I prefer Majora’s Mask over OOT tbh

bioshock 2 made cringe a little with all the DADDYYYYYYYYY couldnt get through it
3 is for homosexuals willing to take anything up the butt

Is it because you're a faggot?

I don't remember anyone saying ff13 was a good game

Dead space is great. An actually sometimes scary video game, with cool weapon upgrades and good continuity/storyline

I'd barely categorize it as a game. It's a movie with quick-time events until the second to last zone.

You must be black!

Then why are there three of them?

nigga WHAT

i mean whats on your list, fucking system shock or some hipster old crap?

Square has too much money to spend, and too little fucks to give anymore.

Yup this is true as fuck

I really wanted to be scared by this game, but it didn't do it for me. It's by no means a bad game, but I personally think Silent Hill 2 and 3 scratched that itch. But, in all honesty, I'm glad you enjoyed it.