Beatles Thread

Anyone else occasionally become obsessed with the Beatles and their solo work? I usually listen to pretty diverse stuff, but every few months I spend about a week or two listening to almost nothing but the Beatles and John/Paul/George's solo albums.

Nobody likes ringo

I like ringo
I like the smiths
I like Neutral Milk Hotel's In the Aeroplane Over the Sea
I'm special

I thought you were going to go full contrarian and say you hated all of those except for Ringo

actually you're pretty average

I just started liking the Beatles. Was never really into them until a few weeks ago. Lucy is good, Tomorrow Never Knows is great, She's So Heavy rocks. Sup widdit?

You'd like Revolver, Sgt. Peppers, and Abbey Road for sure.

I know exactly what you mean op, I overlook the beatles in my library most of the time, but when I revisit them, I go into binge mode with them and their solo stuff

>is there a solo beatles album better than My Sweet Lord?

All Things Must Pass is my favorite of the solo albums. I think it's mainly because George had saved up a bunch of 10/10's from the later Beatles recording sessions. But Phil Spector's wall of sound production is fantastic, and George's skills as a songwriter and guitar player really shine on it.

As far as the rest of their solo work goes, I think Paul and John have George beat overall just because of the sheer number of good albums they released.

Literally me

>you'd like 3 of the most universally acclaimed albums of all time

Abbey Road recently edged out Revolver as my favorite Beatles album. I absolutely love the B-side medley.

He literally just said he he hadn't gotten into the Beatles until a few weeks ago.

You don't have to agree with me but I think that for once Ringo was the MVP of Abbey Road. Every beat is an absolute joy to play

It pretty much shows off his versatility to a ridiculous level, it's impressive. Also he has such a recognizable style that really gets shown off in The End's drum solo.

I've been obsessed with the Beatles my whole life OP. No matter how much cool music I listen to and discover, I always just want to go back and listen to the Beatles. Could be the same song 100 times, doesn't matter. No one's better

They should've been called 'The Beatings'

I honestly feel the same way. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but their music makes me feel good in a way almost no other artists can.

MEAN MISTA MUSTARD SLEEPS IN THE PARK SHAVES IN THE DARK TRYNA SAVE SOME PAPER

Been tracking my shit with Last FM for five or six years, thousands of artists under the belt yet The Beatles remain unparalleled. Feels fucking bad that music has literally peaked.

I feel the same way.

What's The New Mary Jane is not only the most underrated Beatles song ever, it's also one of their bests.

It's really funny. Still makes me laugh after all these listens. Make sure you get both mono and stereo versions because they literally have different parts, like it's two different songs

oops I'm a retard I thought you said You Know My Name (Look Up the Number). ignore me

SLEEEEPSSSS IN A HOOOOLLEEE IN THE ROOOOOOADD

SAVING UP TOOO BUYYY SOME CLOOOOOOTHES

KEEPS A TEN-BOB NOTE UP HIS NOOOOOSSSE

SUCH A MEANNN OLDDD MAAAANNN

Abbey Road is bloody amazing, The Beatles are the greatest pop band of all time

Honestly, they're very much pop, and quite musically interesting overall. Every time I go over one of their albums I always find something new.

>mfw every single day there is at least 1 comfy Beatle thread

Same for me

Why was George the best?

SO MANY YEARS IVE BEEN WAITING

What did google mean by this?

Paul is [spoiler]LIVE[/spoiler]

>When Polythene Pam kicks in

Did John Lennon invent glam rock with Polythene Pam? Sounds like something off of an early-70's Bowie album.

The "love you" refrain of The End is one of my favorite Beatles moments of all time, such a delight.

long, long, long is spiritual transcendence tier and sun king is similarly peaceful

honestly Polythene Pam is good but the mixing on the remastered version makes it sound not as nice as the rest of the medley, or maybe just the original production idk

can a nigga get some love for Piggies !
fuckin love that song, that sudden bluesy bit makes my wee wee hard every time

fucking saved

when i first really got "into" music i tried too hard and was a contrarian asshole and decided the beatles were below me after having loved em my whole life
recently i've picked them up again and forgot how much i enjoyed them. they're maximum comf and i feel like less of an edgy tryhard bitch about music

WELL I'M BEGGING ON MY BENDING KNEES

What are some songs that sound similar to Lucy in the sky, I really dig the beat and the feel of it

Same senpai. We all grow out of it. Embrace the music that makes you comfy.

By some other bands, of course

Early Pink Floyd maybe. Try Matilda Mother off of Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

literally this

I think everyone that gets into music and liked them at one point goes through that phase of thinking they're too good for The Beatles. There's a reason they're incredibly critically acclaimed AND popular. They're that good.

SHE CAME IN THROUGH THE BATHROOM WINDOOOO

PROTECTED BYYYYY A SILLLLLVERRR SPOOOONNNN

I finally caved in and listened to love, christ it's good. I love mashups and beatles so the combo is my dream scenario. It does make me sad that I can't immediately know every instrumental part / solo like I probably could've years ago.

> unironically like this one

Same situation here. My #1 played is Beatles with 12k. No one else is higher than 4k

a lot of people hold the Beatles in a special place in their hearts man. Something in the way it moves me

>tfw no one will ever approach them
:(
>tfw just listen to the beatles over and over instead
:)

It's amazing live too, deffo check it out if you're ever in Vegas

Gilmour and Waters in their peak were just as good as McCartney and Lennon

I somewhat agree with this, but I'm pretty much always in the mood for the Beatles but not always the same can be said for Pink Floyd.

In High School I worshiped them, around the same time I got into Zappa. Now I listen to Zappa at least a few times a month, and The Beatles maybe a few times a year. But I used to do that, except I'd listen to either Paul's discography a ton or The Beatles, never fell for John or the other's that much

That's no disrespect to them, but I think I've exhausted them for me. I still love the songs when they're on, and go damn this is why they were my favorite, but I don't actively seek out listening to them.

I don't agree but It's not outlandish to say. Either way I just never get tired of the Beatles and can put them on at any moment. I can't say that about Floyd, but this is of course just my opinion

Where are the Ringo fans at

> Ringo fans
They don't come easy.

im a ringo fan but still think Octopus’s Garden may be the worst song on Abbey Road (yet still a 9/10)

that and maxwell kind of bring down side A