So I have been thinking of a little scheme/scam that involves guitars. Say I go buy a fender or a Gibson...

So I have been thinking of a little scheme/scam that involves guitars. Say I go buy a fender or a Gibson, one that looks really old school. Gibson would probably be better for this. Then I can sell it online and advertise it as a vintage guitar. For example, buy a Gibson es 335 2016 and sell it as if it were a 1960's guitar. They look identical. Might have to photoshop a few documents, but not much work into it. The people buying will just be a bunch of baby boomers who deserve it for driving the U.S. into debt, destroying the buying power of the dollar, and shipping jobs overseas. Ignore the last bit I have a thing against baby boomers, but I know they will be the main demographic buying from me. How else could I make this work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nhnzu3OzIAM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gud luck with that.

There's a lot of things that would be a dead give away. For one, there is a sticker inside the guitar that you can see through the hole that has the year and serial number on it

whos jewing who here?

you're a fucking idiot

gibson serial numbers integrate the month and year the guitar was made. youre looking at going to jail for fraud, this is a terrible idea.
although if someone is buying a gibson online they should probably want to look at the serial number anyways.

They’ll always ask for the headstock number before buying a guitar. Digits on that are a dead giveaway
No way folk are falling for that

Sam Hyde is OP?

lmfao

Photoshop.

again, Photoshop the pic and put a time stamp on it.

then when they get the guitar they can prove in court that you sold them a fake. then you go to jail for a year and have to pay a massive fine.

great idea, you should totally do this

How would they find me? I could go by a fake name. Send it to them through a fake address. ect ect.

have you ever sent a letter or package before?
see

youtube.com/watch?v=nhnzu3OzIAM

even more fraud then. you'll get caught, you'll go to a medium security prison and get harassed by other dumbasses like yourself who blatantly tried to scam people but were too stupid to actually get away with it.

Then you know what? I'll carve the serial numbers into the damn wood myself.

I will make friends in china and chink scam it up. They'll help me.

....and the one time you get caught. This is why criminals end up in jail. Can't see the future consequences. Maybe sell them for bitcoin

There are some big differences between the old ES guitars vs today's

>Old ES
Hyde glue
Small digit serial numbers
PAF humbuckers
Good quality control
The wood is aged
>Today's ES
Poly glue
Large serial numbers
Foreign made pickups
Clearly not aged wood

Nope, litecoin

Like an old fucker is gonna look that deep into it to see what glue is in it.

>not knowing what a gibson headstock says nowadays

Dum cunt

Also a vintage gibson that isn't special is not automatically worth a lot more than a fresh store bought gibson

Sell drugs, it's easier and there's more money in it

Guitarists ain't stupid..... You would know just by feel and sound
This

How do you know they will be the main demographic buying these?

other than you trying to justify your retarded scheme. also are you jewish?

ITT: Sup Forums saves op's dumb ass

Jews are not that retarded

Anyone who knows anything about guitar collecting will call you out immediately. You might end up in court, and if your poor you might be feed to the prison money machine. Now your in someone else's scam user!

What OP is suggesting is fraud and you can get fucked royally scamming somebody.

It is crazy to me how popular guitars are, they are by leaps and bounds the most profitable music instrument to sell. Everybody wants to be that lead guitarist rock star, even though it's incredibly difficult to play a guitar [well] and the learning curve is daunting for almost everybody who ever picks up a guitar.

Pick up a keyboard or a flute, you'll learn music so goddamn fast.

lmfao, you just went from idiot to a master forger?

And how do you plan on accepting payment? No one is dumb enough to send a certified check or money order. They will pay by credit card to a merchant account. That merchant account is tied to a bank account. That bank account is tied to you

Your target demographic has no idea what a cryptocurrency is, let alone how to use it.

Your idea has nigerian prince written all over it

I disagree, it's not at all hard to learn. Muscle memory and repetition as with most things. Just practice scales and chords, layered in with music theory.

They have serial numbers dumb ass.

Stupidest idea ever.
>one that looks really old school
>they're identical
You clearly know nothing about guitars but you think you're going to fool rich baby boomers. How dumb are you?
How about get a fucking job.

OP here I think im on to something

brb getting a zuccini, a cloth hanger, and some nacho cheese

>not understanding what the registry is

mfw you're going to end up in prison for longer than you thought possible

fool proof idea OP

you are a genius

How about this, buy the guitars on the cheap, sell them for more than you bought them for, retain profit...
No fraud required you fucking half brained idiot

>one that looks really old school
Fender and Gibson already make a 'vintage' line. Making guitars look aged requires more than a few photoshop skills, skills you don't have. Sure, you can scam maybe one clueless noob, but what's likely to happen is a legit collector/musician will take one look and chase you down the street with it.

>But mom, I want it now.

I do this with Audio equipment, I have a $25,000 system for pretty much free that I just acquired throughout my trading. Also it's fun to do a bit of legit business with interesting people and test out shit I could never afford. I sold a $15,000 CD player a few weeks back that I kept for a bit to try out.

>a $15,000 CD player
They still make those?

This

Kill yourself, faggot.

It was an old one. Check out Linn Sondek CD12 if you're interested. You can still get expensive ones though.

You dont have any knowledge about instrumentsm, just die.

"The people buying will just be a bunch of baby boomers who deserve it for driving the U.S. into debt, destroying the buying power of the dollar, and shipping jobs overseas."

This is irrational. It's not fair to punish a stranger for what that stranger's peers may have done.

Also, why are you wasting your time with this shit. Go buy cryptocurrency RIGHT MEOW!

You should buy epiphone guitars and sell them as gibson vintage.
More profits.
And who the fuck read whats on the headstock anyway.

++ Litecoin is better that Bitcoin in multiple ways.

It's okay user, not everyone on here is oblivious.

that will totally work. And is far less complicated, convoluted and less likely to fail than you just getting a job.

Why would you buy a vintage instead of a modern, then? You're selling to the only demographic of guitar owners that actually care about those things.

Enjoy your time in prison, though. Watch your corn hole.

These guys are right. Once you get found out, they'll issue a chargeback on their credit cards, and you'll be the one out $3k.

Wouldn't work, aside from the obvious fact that gibbys have the serial stamped into the wood, a person looking for a vintage instrument would know what to look for. They'd check to see if the pots/switches/caps, and pickups are original. Caps, pots, and pickups usually have serial numbers/ date codes. And modern parts are a lot different than their vintage counterparts.

I owned a vintage ES330 in the late 80's. Beautiful tone, fantastic action. Hocked it to make rent money around 1991. Sold it to a dealer for cash. I think I got $300 for it.

Just go down to the ghetto and let guys bang you in the ass for cash. That saves time, frees up the courts, and cuts out whole lot of middle men. In the end thats whats going to happen with this plan of yours.

Anyone who knows guitars would know right away. Serial number is the obvious give away, but aside from that, pickups, neck radious, hardware, pots, and slight changes in overall design over the years would mean you'd be caught fairly quick. You'd be better off just buying and reselling chibsons, or putting fender necks on squires.

Those of us who know our guitars will spot your scheme nearly immediately. You're not the first asshole to try this.