Have you ever read a story where there were good guys and bad guys?

Have you ever read a story where there were good guys and bad guys?

What are the traits of the good? They're loyal, self sacrificing, compassionate, truthful, have empathy. They fight for everyone, are often humble, spare the lives of even criminals. They're selfless and give to the poor.

And what are the traits of the bad guys in these stories? They're egomaniacs, they're loyal only to themselves, fight only for their interests, they pontificate endlessly. They're cruel, petty, have no empathy for others. They lie, attack those weaker than themselves. They're obsessed with the accumulation of wealth and maintaining it.

Right-leaning people are storybook villains. They embrace all the traits of the monsters and evil people from the stories we were taught as children.

Other urls found in this thread:

addictinginfo.org/2016/06/15/saudi-prince-reminds-donald-trump-i-bailed-you-out-twice/
qz.com/568178/donald-trump-owes-much-of-his-fortune-to-wea/
addictinginfo.org/2016/09/05/bin-ladens-brother-lived-in-trump-tower-gave-millions-to-the-donald/
thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/07/donald-trump-loves-muslims-if-they-re-rich.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

sometimes being evil is fun :)

That’s a rather black and white view you have there op, sorry to burst your little fantasy but life and people are a bit more complicated that that.

>childlike understanding of the world and morality
>left-wing
Yup, it checks out.

Stories for children are fake news, it isn't how the world works and everyone knows it, nobody is a knight in shining armor that is going to save your ass in the thick of a situation every time, you gotta be a villain to survive, the difference is knowing how far to go as well as when.

You could do the same using tweet of someone saying america is good with children that died from getting droned in the background

You would think that. But then you'd be completely and totally wrong.

>childlike understanding
>posts a meme trying to say all Muslims are terrorists
Looks like you are the one with a childlike understanding

The world is not black and white like that. Good people do bad things, and the opposite can be true as well. But truly there is no good or evil. Everyone looks out for their own self-interests, and occasionally think they are doing good by their people. And that is the main thing. Everyone generally wants to do good... by their people. As crazy as it sounds, Hitler believed he was in the right, destroying the evil in the world. But often what we think is right or good is just a misguided belief, created out of a misunderstanding of the human condition.
The "terrorists" are trying to do good by their people, but in doing so they're hurting us, that's bad. And counter point to that, the soldiers who entered the middle east believe they are doing good, and somehow manage to kill entire families, creating a breeding ground for terrorism.

Tl;Dr no one thinks they're evil. Everyone thinks they're the good guy, because they're the protagonist of their story.

To much lib beta cuck for me to read all this. Don't go trump leave. Mooslims are evil. 99.9999% are very bad people who would kill your ass. But thank God you leave near real men

This is bait right?

This is such horse shit. The traits you listed for bad guys could apply to any massively successful businessman/entrepreneur on either side of the spectrum - from Soros to Zuckerberg to Edison to Thiel. What you've listed as good guys equally applies to dogmatic ideologues like the South, Nazi Germany, ISIS, and communists. They too characterised their enemies as monsters and evil people because they were fighting for the "right thing". Self-interest and personal freedoms are the pillars of a successful society.

Anyway, look at most villains - they are meticulous. Their plots are competent and well thought-out whereas the hero generally relies on natural ability or luck. Every good villain has had a decent point (albeit flawed).

You know, if I had the power to form society, I'd tell everyone to be compassionate and self sacrificing as well, while being neither of these things.
But what are you going to do, I'm just an old guy with an old world view, that I will not imprint on my children, while you won't tell yours to sacrifice themselves for the greater good, right?
Tomorrow everyone will be good, just wait till I'm dead, then everything will finally change, I'm sure of it.

Maybe. But the right wing embraces the aspects of storybook villains as their core tenants.

That's generally not a sign of decency.

One was forced, the other is choice. See the difference? You would have a point if we were picking up sand niggers and bringing them here against their will, but that's not the case, you fucking idiot.

sure kid
stay mad

sure kid
will you cry when I disagree with you?

>Endless pontificating

The mental gymnastics you guys go through to validate your evil is amazing.

>guise banana runts are gross and bad therefore all runts candy is bad

KYS

All that empathy.

but you can't

sure kid
stay mad

stay mad kid

If you can't rebut my arguments, that's fine. I was keen to hear a good point of view.

People that subscribe to that line of thinking are dumb, and often not the best judge of character. Seeing people in such black and white terms is usually a sign of a lack of empathy, and limits your ability to actually be a decent person, because instead of seeing people all you see are enemies.

Objectivism like in Ayn Rands teachings is just applied sociopathy.

Right wing/republicans are just applied evil.

crying is not an argument

>people are dumb
>i'm better

Just like you hear the hero in every story say!

cry more kid

All that empathy.

Do you have a fortress shaped like a skull? Or maybe in your case a sign on your room in your parents house that says "EVIL LAIR - MINIONS ONLY"?

yawn
time to grow up little one

>The traits you listed for bad guys could apply to any massively successful businessman/entrepreneur on either side of the spectrum
You realize most successful business people (CEOs) often have an antisocial personality disorder (e.g. sociopath). You cannot get to the top while worryimg about other people's needs or wondering if Bob is able to feed his family after you gutted his company. Being a good business person does not make you a good person.

The memes of a scared pants shitter.

truth

I don't argue with children's logic

Yeah... some just support terrorism.

>choice

sure kid

addictinginfo.org/2016/06/15/saudi-prince-reminds-donald-trump-i-bailed-you-out-twice/

qz.com/568178/donald-trump-owes-much-of-his-fortune-to-wea/

addictinginfo.org/2016/09/05/bin-ladens-brother-lived-in-trump-tower-gave-millions-to-the-donald/

thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/07/donald-trump-loves-muslims-if-they-re-rich.html

Man, it must suck to be some poor loser who can only whinge about winners and not even enter into debate.

Best of luck - life's gonna be tough on you!

What ethnicities committed the last 10 mass murders/terrorist attacks in the US?

sure kid

someone's still mad about that election, huh kid?

Like all attacks, it was caused by the Jews.

yawn
still mad

yawn
thinks crying is a debate.

stay mad kid

People are dumb. For many reasons. Including me, along with the rest of them. We're just illogical creatures trying to rationalize our emotions. We don't get to choose the brain we have, but try to do the best with it. But what we think is good/right is not always the case. The path to hell is paved in good intentions.
And just to be clear, when I said it earlier, it was the assignment of good and evil that makes someone dumb.

The right, always reduced to pathetic responses when faced with anything higher than a 6th grade vocabulary.

thinks everyone is like himself

yawn
stay mad child

Projecting your fears. Well done pants shitter.

>from the stories we were taught as children
((who)) wrote those stories?

Cool story Sup Forumsro

>can't even green text
You haven't read a word I wrote

yawn
so childish
you 12 bro?

most of the CEO's are Jewish, so it would make sense that they're cut throats antisocial faggots because that's what their culture breeds into their pulpy skulls from a young age

oh you don't want to go there? I thought the world was black and white friend. why can't we talk in generalities now?

this retarded

stay mad kid

whatever you need to tell yourself, darth vader.

>this retarded

Like everything that disagrees with their philosophy, right wingers think it's jews and george soros.

Sure Sup Forumsro

asks for argument
gets pissy

yawn

More.

such the cute little newfag you are.

Being a good business person definitely does not make you a good person. However, money is a proxy for value and by making money you are contributing value to society. There are many examples of this being wrong - but it is generally correct.

Bob and his co-workers would've never had a job if it wasn't for the entrepreneur who created his business. Bob also wouldn't have a safety net to fall back on if it wasn't for the massive tax base resulting from the wealthy and those before him who helped build society. Furthermore, it's those inventions and innovations that have cut our working week significantly and improved productivity.

It was actually psychopathy, not sociopathy. Most CEOs don't have psychopathy but they do have a higher occurrence than most jobs. It's also a term that has wrongfully been given an incredibly bad connotation.

I'm Australian, so maybe that colours my view differently. Our policy has always been to try not to hinder the ambitious while providing a safety net for those less fortunate. It's a fine balance.

Why you so tired Sup Forumsro?

are you claiming any of these
>this retarded
>thinks everyone is like himself
or
>>people are dumb
>>i'm better
are arguments?

Sweet Sup Forumsro

sad

face it kid
you're not ready for this

sad

I really agree with this. The assignment of good and evil can make a righteous zealot justify anything to those who are 'inherently bad'. There's very few, if any, people in history that believed they were the bad guys.

Why don't you happy Sup Forumsro?

money is not a contribution to society. resources are. time is. money is good for buying these things, but is inherently valueless.
that's one of the biggest issues with America. we saw we could make a ton of money without actually doing anything, and now we have more offices that literally just move numbers around, yet produce nothing. this is not good for society, but for the individual who can reap the benefits of society, without doing much to contribute to it. it's just a bunch of 1's and 0's now. what would be good for our country is if we actually produced something, rather than outsourcing everything.

yawn

not an argument. not even an answer to the question.

this weak

Still tired Sup Forumsro?

thinks hes deserves a reply
you are adorable

everyone, just stop replying to this troll. fuck. just broke my own rule.

>shitlibs get upset when you point to Jews being cultural subverters
>have no problem saying whites are the cause of all problems plaguing the west

stay absolutely ass apoplectic

so sad

How do I be cool like you Sup Forumsro?

thinks I am a troll.
how adorable

sad

another potential discussion derailed

How do I cool like you Sup Forumsro?

Oh, would you look at that. A villain's standard NO U speech.

I think this a good point, and I definitely agree money is not a contribution to society.

However, direction is one of the most important things. All the middle-management in a company is there because it's really hard to successfully manage/direct a lot of people so that resources are allocated in an efficient manner. The difference between a good manager and a bad manager is absolutely insane. I've worked on projects that many millions were literally wasted on from poor direction - and I've also worked on projects that returned a massively outsized percent because it was thought through properly. America transitioned to a services/knowledge economy because it was so good at allocating resources and rendering services.

I definitely agree that your economy needs more focus on producing product.

I agree

sad what passes for male these days.

aww, this mad

maybe you should get a job then

It's the Jews clearly

Have you ever seen a villain this cute?

Case closed.