Used about 14 of 24 tracks on average

>Used about 14 of 24 tracks on average
>Recorded mostly live with very little overdubs
>Tracked in 16 days with shoestring budget

How could anyone consider this 'overproduced'?

It's not. Who told you it was?

Just wait...

This album is objectively sonically perfect

It's not overproduced, it was just produced with a mainstream/pop mindset.

How so?

In Utero's production was so much better for Nirvana's style

Agreed, but look at who they got to make that album... Kind of makes sense

I'd go with Bleach over In Utero

>Bleach
>With no Albini

''no''

>Bleach
>With Jack Endino

Yes.

the recording is fine, the mixing was a little bombastic

everyone knows this, don't they?

Are the Butch Vig mixes any different? I haven't listened to them yet oddly enough.

>Bleach
>No Doll Steak

No(no)

>Bleach
>No normies 'moshing' at their shows

Yes

Who am I kidding. I was like 6 when Bleach came out.

why am i noticing more old people on Sup Forums these days

>Doll Steak

They mixed it through pedals and effects.

And a million dollar Neve mixing desk.
Also Kurt hated doubletracking but Vig literally tricked him into it, telling him to do additional takes of vocal and guitar performances. You are listening to four Kurts simultanteously in most choruses. Four layered guitar tracks through different amps, layered vocals. Takes a lot of the edge off and makes the album more pleasant, because imperfections in a single take are obscured and they kind of blur into one big one.
Albini used tons of microphones, didn't do any overdubs unless requested and was much more "documentarian" in his production of In Utero.

also they put fucking drum samples on DAVE GROHL - the guy is a freaking monster when it comes to hitting shells hard without choking the tone of the drum. And Butch "Knobtwiddler" Vig puts fucking drum samples on top of a perfectly good drum performance for uniformity and "radio-readiness".
When I listen to the CD as a mix engineer all I hear is hilariously fake sounding drums, a quiet and shitty excuse for "wall of sound" guitar and vocals. The Albini mix just takes what the guys brought to the table as a musician and shoves it in your face.

And?

I wish Scott Litt produced Nevermind