Where does this rank in his discography?

Where does this rank in his discography?

Other urls found in this thread:

wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=3&show=47354&archive=81713
youtube.com/watch?v=n-Sqme_o5OI
globalia.net/donlope/fz/covers/index.html
youtube.com/watch?v=DwTQSnAFc4M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

in the trash can like the rest

upper mid tier
the best songs are fantastic but most of them dont have much of a point

this is his best show
wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=3&show=47354&archive=81713

your a fool

I think it's a personal ranking based on tastes. But for me it's definitely top 10

>70s weird al

This

*You're

yes
only semi-accurate

Sorry I'm not a grammerfag

Al was actually a fan of Zappa, he did a Style parody and there's a cool quote on killuglyradio about him meeting Zappa.

youtube.com/watch?v=n-Sqme_o5OI

>Sorry I'm not a grammerfag

I already knew you were stupid when you said you enjoy Frank Zappa. No need to convince me further.

JAZZ FART

ouch, except people even with a working knowledge of theory at the very least respect Zappa. So go back to your Lil Dicky album bro

I don't have to respect anyone.

just like zappa

You sound punk as fuck brah

yeah because you don't have any actual background in music outside of listening to mucore albums. You don't understand it, but it's underground so it's good. I bet if I asked you to analyze a piece by Zappa you'd be lost completely and the notes would most likely look foreign to you.

You don't have to respect anyone, but if you understand music you would respect him. Just like how I don't care for all of Charlie Parker's music, but I have immense respect for the man and what he did

that or he's trolling us

ZAPPA FANS NEED TO LISTEN TO JOES GARAGE PART 1-3
its truly a hidden gem

I've hear all of his album, the vinyl and 2012 UMe remaster is phenominal. The Rykodisc is okay but they edit the title track and it doesn't sound as "lush".

if you haven't see this site it's the holy grail of Zappa info
globalia.net/donlope/fz/covers/index.html

also I'm not sure how to feel about Halloween 77 coming this October.

A lot of projection going on here. I bet I play more instruments than the number of years you've even been alive.

I'm 22, but I studied music in college. Also you realize performers are interchangeable. I can probably hire 1000 people who are as good if not better and more versatile than you. Writing and understanding music is whole different ball park. if it isn't there it never will be. That's why many disciples of legends are never as good.

>I bet I play more instruments than the number of years you've even been alive.
you want a medal or something
that doesn't mean you know shit about music

>I studied music in college.

I stopped reading there. No formal training in the world will ever help you become a good songwriter or instrumentalist. You're born with it, or you're not. Having respect and studying artists you don't enjoy is redundant to the process.

keep shifting that goalpost

you realize if you went further you'd see I said that. You proved my point.

>Also you realize performers are interchangeable. I can probably hire 1000 people who are as good if not better and more versatile than you. Writing and understanding music is whole different ball park. if it isn't there it never will be. That's why many disciples of legends are never as good.

>you want a medal or something
Yes
>that doesn't mean you know shit about music
In fact, it does.

>the Bob Dylan verse in Flakes
bursted into laughter when i first listened to it, still cracks me up

>In fact, it does.
it literally means shit and nothing you say will change that

>I can probably hire 1000 people who are as good if not better and more versatile than you.

No you couldn't. You don't even know that many people, let alone 1000 proficient musicians.

Autism is harder for those around you to deal with than it is for you to live with.

I did nothing of the sort.

you're right, I should have said If I had the money I could. But I easily could find musicians better than you. I have zero doubt in my mind. And the fact that you're so dismissive of college, did you learn from YouTube or your neighbor.

Good point, you know what. This guy's right Zappa sucks and he's the best musician. Fuck understanding theory fuck that shit. Mozart blows and so does Coltrane.

>le you have autism post
simply ebin

you literally did. he only brought up the fact that he studied music as a response to your personal attack. you focusing on that part alone is shifting the goalpost.

that and the fact he only proved what I said in his why he didn't continue.

I'm dismissive of "art education" in general outside of perhaps art history. I got my paramedic degree in college. A degree with real world application.

>Fuck understanding theory fuck that shit.
I didn't say that. I said respecting artists, putting certain people on a pedastal as "objective greats" is asinine. Don't be a blind follower.

highly

>most of them don't have much of a point

disagree. lyrically its the typical social commentary with an emphasis on the comedy. sonically he had refined a completely new sound. contextually it represented a major turning point for his career as it was his first self released album after cutting ties with warner bros. sheik also had one of the best bands he ever assembled to record a record with and it shows with how incredible tight they are. its almost impossible to believe he toured this material and they were able to play it flawlessly live. yo momma is a highlight.

youtube.com/watch?v=DwTQSnAFc4M

how much of a numbskull do you have to be that you can't even appreciate humor?

It's in my top-80 of his releases.

This is the closest thing you said to that

>Having respect and studying artists you don't enjoy is redundant to the process.

which I 100% disagree with. The reason being if you want to understand music you need to start from the beginning. Like it's crazy how stuff chopin was doing sounds kind acurrent and that was 200 years ago. You can go further back and see there isn't that much that is brand new or isn't built upon ideas that are older than the number of instruments you can play.

Your post was also full of falacies.

>Also you realize performers are interchangeable.
Agreed
>I can probably hire 1000 people who are as good if not better and more versatile than you.
Projection and reactionary response to my hostility
>Writing and understanding music is whole different ball park. if it isn't there it never will be.
Agreed
>That's why many disciples of legends are never as good.
Bach > Mozart > Beethoven? Who are you refering to? Artists with no influences?

Pretty good
8/10

Frank > Dweezil > Hologram Frank

did you know our friend adrian belew is the one that sang that part? a lot of people think he sounds like david byrne, i disagree, i think he's got a much more impressive dylan impersonation

Having respect and studying artists you don't enjoy is redundant to the process of creating your own works. I didnt say it's not interesting (I wouldnt bust into a Zappa thread with blind hate if I didnt know what he was about), it just has little to do with the creative process.

Belew is one of the few who told Ahmet to fuck off with the hologram tour too. He gets bonus points for that

>reactionary response to my hostility
>I can be an asshole but you can't!
are you retarded

listening to pic related at the moment. lots of gems from this show

Disciples being people who studied with someone else. Like in the case of Zappa there were many alumni who left his ranks and played with him for a while. I'd argue the only one who did truly great things after leaving was Adrian who went on to be in King Crimson. George Duke has some solid records, but he was playing before he was with Zappa. And I don't think Mozart studied with Bach and Beethoven wasn't either. I think they were mentored by Haydn, but that I mean just because you studied with so and so doesn't mean you'll be creative or talented.

I get what you are saying but you're coming at it from a different angle. But if you are truly creative you look at what you can use and what you can't. Just because you don't like someone doesn't mean can't take inspiration from unexpected something. That's being closed minded and limiting your potential.

Ahmet is a fucking idiot. I honestly hope he loses the right to the ZTF.

Yeah he made a pretty good impression, the harmonica made that part even better.

Is there any recordings of him doing the Bob Dylan impression live?

The difference is I am being an asshole because it's funny to me. You're being hostile because I hurt your feelings.

>I-I'm totally not mad guys

there is a track from Zoot Allure's that's solo I believe was taken from this show. I think Black Napkins, I could be wrong.

Also you realize Frank Zappa was a dick to people because he thought it was funny.

I came into this thread for chuckles. If I didnt get a rise out of you plebs, I wouldve been gone 10 minutes ago. The salt factory keeps producing and I am a humble consumer, I digress.

you got it. Frank edited out the sax solo and it's a masterpiece. Also Ship Ahoy and Zoot Allures. Great concert from '76

anyone itt seen him live ('sides me that is)? Come on, I know there's some old farts at play here

haha yeah totally dude
that's why you keep replying to everyone mocking you and is clearly very defensive over it
but I'm sure you're the one laughing at all this

see

dude holograms lmao

>haha yeah totally dude
that's why you keep replying

At least try to be creative. All I'm getting is an angry high schooler vibe from you. Maybe it's just the reaction images that you've got saved for just such an occasion when the substance of your response needs some spicing up.

I'm the guy that you were talking with earlier, I squashed my beef with you. This is other people attacking you my dude.

you sure seem very upset at what you describe as "an angry high schooler vibe"
but if replying to juvenile snark makes you feel like you're on top of the situation then go ahead

I don't squash beef. Not my style.

>More than one person is angry at you
Oh no, my plan was for as few people as possible to get mad!

no, I was just saying I no longer care. I was letting you know that your fighting other people. I mean if you are trolling you aren't very good at it, but to each their own. Also in the immortal words of Mary from the Bus.

>Music is the best.

No no, not at all. Angry high schooler vibe is exactly what I want out of you guys. It would be boring if someone just said "You're not funny. Please go away."

what you hear on record is live (with overdubs)

I did not know that, kek, that makes it even better.

yes, you were clearly pretending to be retarded this whole time. you're very self-aware and clearly not defensive over some random user mocking you with reaction images.

Why do you keep feeding? At this point youre both retards for not talking about Frank Zappa.

it's amusing seeing you get progressively more upset and usure of what to say

Based

Which is better, Over-Nite or Sheik?

Tough call, pref Over-Nite myself.