Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with rockists?

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with rockists?

As a rockist, it's a disease, not a preference.

No worse feel then when your favourite artist releases a loose song and you know that you'll never get to listen to it.

All the greatest albums have a clear but nuanced progression from start to finish which is often similar. I wouldn't expect plebs to understand that though.

Depends on the album really. Some are a hodgepodge and others are deliberate. An album like Hoodoo Man Blues can be torn up and listened to in a blues-rock mix with say some Albert Collins. But an album like Daisy shouldn't be chopped like that, the mood and message is best when consumed as a whole. I would rather listen to some pop as entire albums, like a Jamiroquai album. Or Mom & Dad by Cherub. But an artist with less consistent (or less memorable) instrumental timbre and mood of composition like a Mariah Carey song is fine chopped out and on it's own. Totally depends on the album. I wouldn't call it heresy to chop up an album, but if the album is enjoyable as a whole it should be listened to that way. At least a few times.

t. rockists

I don't really like rock much anymore. It got boring a while ago.

That doesn't stop you from being a rockist. Rockism doesn't mean "likes rock music" or "listens to rock music."

wow what a great argument, classifying a person, what an insult man

Dude if you just listen to the singles you are bound to miss out on a lot of tracks that are better if you don't listen to the album. Both of the singles on the new Jamiroquai album were the weakest tracks of the album for example.

>actually bashing people based on a genre of music they listen too

honestly it's pathetic

>Didn't read the whole image

honestly it's pathetic

ITT cancer

yeah how dare they appreciate a collection of music as a whole in terms of its song progression, themes, and atmosphere.

Moreso, how dare people want to have similar sounding songs in an easy to access format
How dare people not want to flip through records or playlists in order to find the sound they want

Call me back when albums start having intermixed songs like Abbey Road, otherwise, lol, fuck off.

Anymore music troll images?

Step 1. Get up from the computer
Step 2. Go to the bathroom
Step 3. Look in the mirror.

t. rapist

t. rocktimist

Sorry I expect the artists I like to make more than 2 good songs out of every ~10 they release at a time

t. nig-hopper

Rockists help me. I just discovered what a great song Sultans of Swing is, is the rest of the album that good?

>niggers help me, is anything made by lil noggy good?
see why we won't answer? try without the slurs kthx

What's a Rockist?

Why don't you just say outright that you're a pathetic nu-male cuckold?

>I know nothing about the subject
>let me just spew some bullshit instead
Gotcha.

an insult used by jealous rapists having sour grapes over the fact no rap album will ever be more than a 4

you're a "rockist" if guilty of such horrible offenses as:
>using or appreciating actual instruments instead of samples on samples on synth drums
>appreciating albums as a coherent whole
>being white

>not true, by the way
I make music, and I can confirm that we expect you to listen to our albums all the way through. We spend so much time and effort making sure that our albums flow well and provide an hour long musical journey. Taking one song out of the album and listening to it in isolation ruins the experience. We've gone as far as to only release some albums on analog formats like vinyl and cassette to prevent people from skipping tracks.

Can't you appreciate listening to albums as a whole because of the progression, and listening to singles on their own? I think certain albums are worth listening entirely to at least once, but that doesn't mean I won't listen to certain tracks by themselves other times.

t. rockist

What if I like rap AND rock?

The real answer