Honestly. Thoughts on To Pimp A Butterfly?

Honestly. Thoughts on To Pimp A Butterfly?

Better than damn and section 80, worse than gkmc

It's a masterpiece tbe desu

great record. 9/10
good stories, good flows, and very solid beginning to end.
anyone who says it isn't good is contrarian
probably one of the best albums of the decade

6/10. It's okay.

I love it

Better than gkmc thats for sure

wanna be Lil B. Kendrick doesn't come close though.
Thank you based god.

Overrated mess.

It said some shit that needed to be heard by his primary audience while at the same time not being something they could ever understand.

Absolutely deserving of the hype but still not as good as GKMC

definitely a labor of love and kendricks most ambitious project
hasn't made any notable influence on the scene but i suppose it can't really be replicated

>probably one of the best albums of the decade

Kanye West

>good stories, good flows, and very solid beginning to end.
>anyone who says it isn't good is contrarian
>probably one of the best albums of the decade

I personally like TPAB better, but I feel like GKMC could be argued the better album depending on what you like. I think GKMC has higher highs and lower lows than TPAB, whereas the later is a more full album. Songs like Backseat Freestyle and Sing About me, I'm Dying of Thirst are two of Kendrick's best songs. But on the other hand you have songs that I personally struggle to get through like Poetic Justice and Real. TPAB I feel doesn't have the problem of bad songs but none of the songs live up the m.A.Ad city or the two I had previously mentioned.

wait i replied to the wrong person i meant to reply to the first person

For me it's the opposite. I can sit down and listen to GKMC and bump to every song (Real is pretty weak, but I can still vibe to it somewhat) but TPAB got dated for me VERY quickly. The only songs that I still listen to from that album are Wesley's Theory, These Walls, U, and How Much A Dollar Cost. Everything else I just can't vibe with as much.

It clicked the first time, loved the story telling the funk and of course the guests in this album.

not but I've never been able to get through GKMD, i got to like TPAB a lot, and they are some great son in maad city, but i get tired around the 5-6 song and i end up playing something else.

Took a lot of time and listens, but this is one of my all time favorite albums ever. GKMC pales in comparison in terms of my enjoyment. I love this thing.

that's how I felt at first and for all of 2015/2016, but it took time and patience and it payed off immensely

Best kendrick, far better than that fucking crap Damn

It's objectively a good piece of music but I just can't sit down and listen to it as a white guy. Maybe it'd be different if I was black but an hour of "racism is real and I'm black so I know how it feels" is just not appealing to me. Call me Sup Forums if you ant even though I'm the complete opposite, but I just feel like Kendrick has nothing really new to say and if his message is really about unity over superiority then I think the album's modus operandi has failed as many black people seem to think it's about how all white people are evil and how being black is awesome.

IMO best Kendrick.

whether or not you like GKMC or TPAB more is personal preference

but I just like instrumentals and lyrics and performance more on TPAB overall

EVERY