I live in a very bad part of Detroit. It even makes the locals say "DAMN. you really live there?"

I live in a very bad part of Detroit. It even makes the locals say "DAMN. you really live there?"
AMA

how do you manage to not be afraid to walk outside?

During the day time it's not too bad, but i had to ride the bus to work for months so i kinda had to get over any fear so i could actually make money to survive. I always carried a knife to work, it would make me feel a bit better, and when it's just me walking around my hood for non-work related reasons, i always carry a pistol.
Also, I'm 6'3"(tall for this area), and semi - bulked up, so I've never had to worry too much, but there has been many incidents

post some local pics

this isn't your pic

Why are you not buying up EVERYTHING?

Nigga it's night time, fuck that

hazelwood user?

why not leave

are u a nigger

I'm aware, i don't have ay pics of my own on my laptop i gotta snag em from my phone gimme a minute

A lot of hookers around there?

broke minimum wage cuck

Dexter-Joy.
I did a quick search of dexter images so i could get this thread rolling, finna post a few of my own pics in a sec. The dexter bar is up over near the food farm, so collingwood type area

I love my city, It's a detroit thang. Also, once yu're integrated, you get fucked with 100000% less, since we respect our fellow detroiters, we only fuck with the visitors

nope, one of the only white-boys in my hood. makes it harder to make friends because black and white interests highly differ

>be michigander
>be white and middle class
>go through detroit all the time
>even shady areas at night
>never been mugged once
>never even got bad looks

In all honesty antisocial neets just read shit about the D on cuckbart and cry about "muh genetic superiority." The constant crying about Detroit by Sup Forumstards who live across the country makes those of us who are regularly in the area cringe

hell yeah. they mad fucked up too. dexter joy got the fucked up crack whores, couple miles up the street at dexter and fenkell is where you get premium bitches

i know but im digging through my phone pics, finna post a couple

lol regularly in he area. let me say first off, i got mad respect for other michiganders, but let me break this down right quick. You can visit detroit and never get fucked with, same way i have plenty of friends visiting foreign countries that always come back home safe. you don't automatically explode when you step foot in the city. but stay here for a while, and i promise, you will be a victim of violent crime

why not just move?

this brady elementary over on joy and lawton, couple blocks from me. went and explored it with my bro mario and my brother

I love my neighborhood for sho. its bad and shit, but im a regular and they all know m so noone fucks around. i love all my neighbors, lots of friends, i know the area very well and i have an awesome apartment with pretty cheap rent, no interest in leaving

If I had access to hookers like that I would definitely get one to make a thread. Oh the sights to see.

Oh, so retardation, sounds good.

that brick house on the left is a fucking crack haven, and that shop straight back with the graffiti is sketchy as fuck, theres all sorts of stories that go around about what they do there

ouch that is a shit-hole

Luigi is that you?

Like what kind of stories?

What kinds of stories?

What, Dexter-joy? what's your hood?
(not offended you called it a shit-hole, im self aware)

That's MAMA LUIGI to you, Mario

Crazy how efficient niggers are at destroying a civilized city once the white people leave.

I've heard people say a gang runs outta there, theres rumors it's a chop shop, i know they run sketchy shit outta there because sometimes i go to the parking lot because a local church passes out free food, and you can see people inside counting mad bills

these hookers in my hood are cheap. they'll blow you in the street for a pack of cigs. Theres a bitch who goes by "mama" that roams joy on some weeknights and will blow you for some newports. I only know because she offered. i don't want no meth mouth on my dick

pretty much, yeah

I can vouch that your neighborhood is one of the worst in the US.
Please share photos of your pet rats and cockroaches, as it’s impossible not to have an infestation.

here's an old house on dexter and boston near the old mason temple. The front door is boarded up, but the side is wide open. a crack head stays the night there every now and then, begs for money during daytime at the citgo on linwood and boston

Could be worse user, you could be on the east side. I went to a place by East Davidson to fill out a job application at least eight years ago, even back then it looked like a war zone.

I've been to some bad areas...
Drove to most any place in Oakland and Richmond CA, Hunters Point, and the Excelsior. Some parts of Sacramento can be sketchy as well. I've lived right downtown San Francisco for a while.

I've been to Thomas Road in PHX where I used to live. The two houses in chain-link on my old block was a nice touch. It went from Ozzie and Harriet to Sanford and Son. Not that I didn't notice when an episode of COPS went on a chase down my old street. 48th drive x Thomas Rd anyone?

How about Salinas and Soledad? I did quite a bit of business there.

That field looks comfy though. Like a good place to toss around a frisbee.

we had a roach issue in my building, but they sprayed and i haven't really seen many lately. I had a mouse issue so i got a cat (pic related) and she fucked up the rats and mice. currently bed bugs are going around, but i take precautions and so far so good, but its only a matter of time

Is the Grande Ballroom still standing? Punk rock was pretty much invented right there.

Buy a house open a business that sells food so welfare and food stamps recipients come buy your store? Hire those welfare people make them better and stronger help tou fellow American out? But Na I guess you don’t do shit and buy drugs all the time

i used to live in the east side red zone, and people are meaner, but overall i felt safer and was victim to less crime, but i wanted to return to my home turf

it's an old parking lot that was fenced up and has since become overgrown. now it's home to stray cats, pitbulls and heroin needles

Isn’t that the house of the fight club?

opening a store in this area is just a horrible idea. the citgo near me once had people run up attacking them with hammers just because one employee told a drunk homeless guy to stop hanging out by the entrance

Used to have roaches when I was younger I hated it. I had mice before it was OK they were field mice. Ned bugs though on hell no. I wouldn't be able to stay anywhere that had they. I never seen one irl but seen them on TV. Oh hell no

Post more pics of inside your appartment

a picture i took when i was dog-sitting a friends dog. i walked him down joy and this is a picture of the old shopping strip on joy between linwood and dexter

lol nice try. I reveal the goodies i have and next thing you know they kicking in my door to steal my shit. let me find some not too revealing ones

one crawled under my door one time and i was like hell nah. i killed the fucker and immediately called the building dtaff and they sprayed the next day

I would like to think that things are inching in a better direction since the bankruptcy. But my life rarely has me going there. About the only attraction for me that isn't Downtown is Scotty's Fish and Chips in Brightmoor. That business is still going strong, but the neighborhood around it is like a ghost town, the two most prominent buildings on the other side of the street being biker clubhouses.

Shit, reminds me that there was an Obama gas station when I dropped my sister off at a job she had on the west side.
I wonder if it is still standing...

theres a coney in my hood that is the shit. it's well worth the time. its called the detroit city coney on boston and dexter, wed is 1$ coneys all day. if you don't go between 7am and 3pm you'll have to get it to go though because they shut the insde off after 3 because of crime

prob not. where on the west side, i might be able to tell ya

do you have a bus pass?

do you like white castle?

here's a pic of my kitchen. it's a studio apt and i live by myself

i used to get the bus pass and the black card so i could ride SMART as well, but i saved up and bought a car.
Also, white castle is the shit. theres one up on linwood and davison that isnt bad

Roughly Tireman and Schaefer

couldn't tell ya. i don't go over there often because there aint shit for me to do.

Good god why on earth would you live in Detroit by choice? I mean, I read what was said about the cheap rent but for fuck’s sake that’s a literal ghetto.
What’s your definition of cheap rent?

a pic of my door

detroit has always been my home city. we moved when i was a young, so when i turned 18 i left and moved right back. as weird as it sounds, the hood is my element because i can defend myself and when its this dangerous you can get away with so much shit. Also, my rent is $400 a month with all utilities included except electric which comes out to about 25 a month

if you use common sense, always watch your back and be prepared for the shit to pop off, you'll be aight, but sometimes theres shit you just can't prepare for, but i still love my city

if you want to get real depressed, search for 1940's Detroit pictures on the internet.

i know donald said MAGA, but were were already great once, and young...

i know. what's really sad is that my coworker who is an elderly woman used to live in my neighborhood before the riots that destroyed the city. way back in the 60's. she tells me all sorts of stories about how my hood was THE place to be, and how awesome it was. Her dad used to be friends with all the local business owners and she tells me about all the bsinesses that are closed now but used to be the shit (like the dexter bar- view the first pic)

here's another pic of the abndoned brady elementary on lawton and joy from the outside

it just goes to show how quickly it can all change. life is fleeting my friend.

how much is your rent

my rent is 400 with all utilities included except electric. all-in-all all of my bills (rent, food, electric, tv, gym, netflix, etc) is 750 a month

I love Detroit.... but I live north of 8 mile so I don't really see the bad stuff except on the news

it makes me sad. she gets so upset when people ask me where im from at work. i tell them and they say, damn thats the hood. she gets offended because she still remembers the glory days of my hood. shit is mad depressing

lmfao dude move the fuck out. live with some buddy roommates in an actual decent city. I live in the hood in philadelphia with a few roommates in a rowhome in north philly for $500 total monthly expense.

can we have a photo of you shit hole?

at least you admit it. every detroiter fucking hates the suburbanites who claim detroit. Muhfucka yo ass lives in plymouth and you talking bout how ghetto you are for living in 'detroit' i respect suburbanotes ;like you that admit that shit

We wuz MotorKangz

Rent is low as shit and people still need goods. Can be pretty profitable. There are neighborhoods where for every abandoned house there are multiple gas stations or convenience stores that show no sign of shutting down

Detroit is a great city. ijust live in a bad part. the only way im leaving detroit tho is in a muhfuckin body bag. I'll move to a better neighborhood as soon as i can afford it. my goal is new center or cass corridor

I live in metro in the 734. I cant even tell you how many rappers in my area pop up with "313' in their gangster wannabe name...

mine is one. theres a party store on every block. i sell squares to the people n the hood tho. pay 20$ for 200 and sell em for 25 cents a pop

those people will literally get fucking killed in detroit. some kid from farmington got his ass kicked here the other day because he got caught in a lie and got his ass beat lol

Selling individual cigarettes like that is illegal. Submitting my FBI report now.

lol eat my ass, all the stores around here sell em even though they have signs that say "no loose ciggarettes, sorry"

Should we ban rap to save the children?

I just got back from Detroit last Sunday. First time I had ever been, and I expected negroe chimpouts at every turn. What I found was everyone was nice, and the black women were fucking hot as hell. I've lived in the south all of my life, and I am used to fat ugly ass loud mouthed blacks, but Detroit has made me reconsider my racists ways. Have I been mislead all these years by the niggary of the Southern black, or did I just get lucky on my Detroit trip?

lol I'm in farmington but I'd never lie about it. I love this town

Pretty cheap, and it makes sense.
Sorta

Well, you assume these faggots don't just embrace the Detroit namesake without being too scared shitless to actually go there. I would not be surprised if half of these "hell yea straight out detroit, cuh" white kids have never even been into city lines.

so you can be one of the tens of people that take the personmover to the new gastropub in greektown?

maybe it was before the area code split?

Lived in Detroit and Flint most of my life; funny part was the people (niggers) that caused the most trouble are always from somewhere else like st. louis, DC or atlanta

i used to live in the south and it fucking blew ass. You prob stayed downtown or out in the metro the whole time. people are pretty civilized around here but they behave like saveges in the neighborhoods, especially 48204,48205, and 48206

>Lived in Detroit and Flint most of my life; funny part was the people (niggers) that caused the most trouble are always from somewhere else like st. louis, DC or atlanta
Also went to Ann Arbor. Soy cuck hell, but nice city. Snowed like a motherfucker there.

This. It's called "Routine Activity Theory". If you make it a habbit of being in the hood you will sooner or later experience the routine activity that goes one there. I've walked through rich neighborhoods and nevet became spontaneously rich. But if I manage to surround mysekf with rich people soon or later I'm going to run into money.

most suburbans turn white with fear in the hood. they stick out and act a fucking fool. they all tough until they hear gunshots three blocks away and run as fast as they bitch ass can

>i used to live in the south and it fucking blew ass. You prob stayed downtown or out in the metro the whole time. people are pretty civilized around here but they behave like saveges in the neighborhoods, especially 48204,48205, and 48206
Yes, that is correct. I didn't get real deep into the neighborhoods, but I was very surprised of how civil everyone there was. I expected nothing but blight, but it actually seemed alright to me.

that's my point

i'm white, bud. and live in the suburbs. and make more money than you ever will. still depressing to see detroit, but doesn't make me a gibsmedat.