Let's go

Other urls found in this thread:

new-world.bandcamp.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

this couldve been a good thread but ur taste ruined it

>tfw same taste as me

good job op

rate me guys

tfw broke up today but it was probably for the best, recommend me something like SILY or other happy-ish (or ideally ambivalent) breakup core. Or anything else, if you'd rather. I will return recs

I don't know how you achieved that, but you actualy managed to pull out a literal 0/50 list, congrats, it's total crap without exception famalam

oh no sorry actually it's a 1/50, didn't see that Head Hunter

definitely listen to The Zombies.

Check out my label
new-world.bandcamp.com

Post your list you insecure faggot.

this top 50 is a bit old but still more or less the same taste

dead meme
sorry user, that's always tough
Not really as happy as SILY, but if you want trip hop try Royksopp - Melody AM and Mezzazine - Massive Attack

>undertale OST
>Smash mouth
Patrician taste OP

I'm sure this nigga has patrician taste
>inb4 his top 4 is idm or gay metal

Mouse On Mars - Iaora Tahiti
Four Tet - Rounds
The Olivia Tremor Control - Dusk at Cubist Castle

Thanks user, I'll rec Intersystems' album Free psychedelic poster inside and Tortoise - A Lazarus Taxon in return, if you haven't checked them out before

Brainaic - Bonsai Superstar
Andrew Rudin - Tragoedia
OOIOO - Gamel

Oh boy

>NSP

>Not the infinitely superior Starbomb

Nice try normie, but I know fake a patrician when I see one.

hnnnnnnng

Way too much Bach, and sterile choices of non-classical music other than Beefheart. I like this though, and this criticism comes from a warm place in me heart. Do you listen to Walter Zimmermann?

you check out any of Bowie's stuff yet? Most of his albums between 1972 - 1977 are god tier imo, and they tend to scratch the same itch as the Beatles.

I don't disagree with a single thing on this list except the one with the scruffy looking guy and the kissing people bc idk what those are

John Adams - The Chairman Dances
George Flynn - Wound
David Tudor - A Second Wind for Organ
Lino Capra Vaccina - Antico Adagio
Messiaen - Catalogue d'Oiseaux

Love the YouTubecore

have you ever actually listened to any Pixies albums or Gang of Four

Rate my hilarious racist art. It's not edgy, it's a statement.

>YouTubecore
?

nope, adding them to the backlog now tho. Thanks :)

in that case,
Pixies - Doolittle
Gang of Four - Entertainment!
Wire - Pink Flag
Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime

>too much
>Bach
heh
>do you listen to Walter Zimmermann
I've listened to Schatten der Ideen by ensemble recherche, I haven't put that on the chart yet though

Death Grips
Bum Tickley
Matt Elliot
The Knife

Hahaha thanks man, Drinking Songs, Violent Femmes, and Irakere have become favorites of mine.
He's talking about albums that always seem to show up on the YouTube recommended lists. Other YouTubeCore albums are Moondog and Ryo Fukui - Scenery.

Peter Gabriel is literally the only good album on this list and you have it dead last. What the fuck

you must have never listened to Head Hunters

I am in your debt

I always get Clever Girl - No Drum and Bass in the Jazz Room, as well as Crywank - that one album with the donut dog on the cover in my YouTube recommendations

>not liking Blank Banshee in 2017
you are like an infant

I just haven't caught the Bach bug, I think I get it and stuff but I haven't become obsessed like so many. Zimmermann is consistent in quality, so might as well check out more recordings if you like that one. He gets more overtly strange and sort of Feldman-y in works other than on the CD you listened to, but that's a good collection too

I want postpunk, avant folk and krautrock reccs

If you like Electric Ladyland and psych beatles start going after Pink Floyd desu. start from piper and work your way forward. Also try paying more attention to mid bealtes (Help, for sale, rubber soul) and dylan's electric trilogy. Might also wanna try branching out of dadrock. Also try early talking heads, if you like their later stuff.
have you ever Zappa'd?
try going further back in the beatles catalogue. Might also like talking heads and early pink floyd

I know I'm a normalfag but:
>The Fragile - NIN
>In the Aeroplane Over the Sea - Neutral Milk Hotel
>Loveless - My Bloody Valentine
>No Love Deep Web - Death Grips

Oh yeah dude I get Crywank all the time. Never listen to it tho, just because of its title.

you should really do yourself a favor sometime and read "Our band Could Be Your Life" by Michael Azerrad since it covers the American rock underground with portraits of like 11 bands starting with Black Flag and ending when Nirvana breaks in 1991. Lots of good bands you'll find that way and loads of crazy tales.

Also if you want to take a trip into the land of wild fucking horseshit since you like DG so much,
Dalek - From Filthy Tongues...
Techno Animal - Brotherhood of the Bomb
This Heat - Deceit
Melt Banana - Bambi's Dillema

>In the Aeroplane Over the Sea by NMH
Gonna have to stop you right there normie. And no, acknowledging the problem does not actually solve it

i cant listen that much of music because im always busy, fuck you fags. i love my taste.

Thanks, i've checked out Dalek but none of that other stuff. Also as far as books go ill add it to the backlog but it might take a while. Im reading some Jung right now so that will take time and ima read Faust after that so :/

fill me with your musical semen user
help me become a true patrician

Debris' - Static Disposal
Alan Watts - This is IT
Siouxsie and the Banshees - the Scream
Minimal Man - The Shroud of
Flipper - Generic
Residents - Not Available
Comus - First Utterance
Tony Conrad - Outside the Dream Syndicate
Glenn Branca - The Ascension
anything Amon Duul II
Lard Free
Out of Focus' 1968 debut
The Pretty Things - SF Sorrow
Dow Jones and the Industrials - Can't Stand the Midwest
anything from Avarus

you fuckin champ

Nigga you gotta sit down and listen to Aphex Twin until your ears turn to pulp

I'm huge into avant garde/art punk and krautrock, so it's what I'm here for.

Also be sure to check out The Slits, Kleenex/LiLiPUT, The Raincoats, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks, DNA, Mars, Lizzy Mercier Dieucrux, and Connie Converse

Thats fine, honest music taste is much better than a Sup Forumscore repost. If you like technical hip hop I would check out Tribe, Midnight Marauders and The Low end Theory are both great. Also if since you like Yeezus and TPTB I would check out Danny Brown.

shit man you got a rym

no, I feel that sites like that are pretty masturbatory and am not a fan.

I do have a discogs though where I gather everything I own and everything I want to own, so combined that's like 1200 separate albums you could look into.

here's my chart when I last made one however long ago

thank you lad, feel free of share me more names, i wish i can find a source for better music. i always listen to what i like but lately i dont know where should i start.

thank you for the rec person from dead thread

Go back

Sup Forums had the best Japanese music threads but the mods started deleting them ;_;

Japanese music is so formulated (like everything they do), it all ends up sounding the same.

t. someone who thinks of idol groups when he thinks of japanese music

I take back my comment. Japanese music is either completely predictable and boring or it's so otherworldy and weird. There's no middle-ground it seems.

oh

looking for recs, open minded

check out wildflower by the avalanches maybe

have you heard adventure and tom verlaine's self titled?

The Chameleons - Strange Times

forgot my chart

I know I'll get shit on for having too many mu essentials, but some of them I just keep going back to even though I definitely try and branch out what I listen to. Obviously anco is a heavy favorite so anything in that alley or any general recs, I'm all ears

Terry Riley - a Rainbow in Curved Air
John Bender - I Don't Remember
Comus - First Utterance
Literally anything by Caroliner
Jackie O Motherfucker - Liberation

Faraquet - the view from this tower

don't worry about people flaming your taste, enjoy what you enjoy without concern for what idiots on Sup Forums want you to like

T Rex - The Slider
Motel Beds - Sunfried Dreams
Built to Spill - Keep it Like a Secret

I have to believe you have Stereolab and Radiohead just because you haven't heard Can yet

thanks, looks like we've got a lot of similarities on our list. I'm super curious about your thoughts about Anco though. It doesn't seem like I see a lot of people whose favorites are both MPP and Hollinndagain (seems like two different ends of their spectrum). Do you prefer the poppier sound or the howling? And how come Feels (my all time favorite) isn't up there with the rest of em?

kidz bop 1 is the patrician kidz bop

Shigeto- No Time Better Than Now

The Modern Lovers s/t

That's the good shit right there

i love Can just not in my top 40, they're in my top 100 though

bump

Van Der Graaf Generator - Pawn Hearts

Hollinndagain and Merriweather Post Pavilion are my two favorites for their disparate nature. To me they are the apex of the two greatest influence on their sound(tribal drones and the psychedelic, harmonious side). I'm a bit of a super fan so I can't get enough of either.

As for feels I like it quite a bit but it doesn't quite break my top 50 because Daffy Duck just really doesn't do anything for me.

Ty friend, I am enjoying this. Do you have a chart of your own?

>Might also wanna try branching out of dadrock

ive tried

murmuure

right on brother
the american analog set - the fun of watching fireworks
also ariel pink's collab with r stevie moore - klu klux glam
better than what i've heard of pom pom imo

nice tele/visions
connie converse - how sad how lovely
molly drake - s/t

dj yo yo dieting - dormant mirrors/drum
dj screw - chapter 70: endonesia

suburban lawns - s/t

just started getting into classical
are you familiar with rachmaninov?
his preludes are fucking lit

kplr - s/t

damn lol we are scientists
that brings me back a decade
not to shit on your taste or anything i mean listen to what you want

love this chart
can i get a rec from you?

Sometimes I feel like I'm not really a real music fan or something

like I dunno

I remember doing my music undergraduate (I can't even scramble a fucking egg, on top of being prematurely BALDING and 345lbs at 5'2) and the way people would talk about like Michael Jackson and Miles Davis and whatever obscure music trivia and shit would make me feel pretty retarded and like how they totally dress and look the part and they just are like "musician" types and I feel like I'm more a regular type dude who dresses in walmart clothes who just happens to like a really specific subset of 90's indie rock and some other weird shit nobody gives a fuck about

and then like I was talking to this dumb Uber driver today who just kept going on and on about metalcore despite my profound lack of interest and I realized I really had nothing to offer to that conversation

I just don't really know much and I don't really feel like this is something I'm passionate about and it makes me feel like and idiot for having like 500gb of music

I'm pretty aware that writing like this makes me sound like a complete idiot, and admit that awareness doesn't absolve me from ridicule. Please berate me. I would enjoy it! Give me your worst! I am obese! 4'11! Prematurely balding! I work minimium wage (and I am not even good at my job. My manager frequently humiliates me in front of the whole team)! I ride a bike around town! I deserve it! I've been rejected from every place I've applied to! I am a failure! I am a gulp! I alone am culpable for this shitmess that I've typed up! Doesn't make it any better? Too late to clean it up? Keep watching the spectacle? A trainwreck in slow motion? Typing short non sequiturs over and over again in a contrived attempt to be off kilter? Is this the gimmick now? Is pointing out that this gimmick is the gimmick the gimmick now? Get a live? Queer? Get a hobby? Get a job where you pants actually fit? Ass drapes out in all directions? Punish me? I am a fat spice smoker.

Nice blog post

rec me a trip hop album

little people - mickey mouse operation

oh shit didn't read your thingy. that sucks man, i went through a breakup myself a couple months ago. still not completely over it. here's some sad core
connie converse - how sad how lovely
the caretaker - everywhere at the end of time (stage 3)
this is my chart

Nope. I might make one once I get back home from work

me here i actually feel you so hard on this which is why i'm planning on doing some reading on the history of pop and avant garde music. gonna start with one of scaruffi's books on the history of rock

Get a therapist man, don't embarrass yourself in top 50 threads

y would you want to talk to people irl about music
the majority of the population of the USA will only want to talk to you about kendrick lamar or metallica
it's a losing bet

Well, yeah, but the driver literally just wouldn't take the hint so I had to humor him. I normally just tell people I don't listen to any music.

I wish you well in your endeavors. I haven't had the headspace to really read anything since I got kicked out of highschool a billion years ago. I just prefer to watch documentaries

I like publicly humiliating myself!

>I like publicly humiliating myself!
go do it somewhere else

let my mans live. i for one like his posts

not him but thats such a stupid attitude. do you not share interests with your friends?

its never too late to start reading my dude. just takes a bit of willpower and possibly a dictionary app

TWRP is better than both desu

yeah, they think it's a funny meme

natsumen - never wear out your summer

canidas - golden

everyone should embarrass themselves more often imo

idk why people get so raged at my posts
like i literally never reply to anyone, i don't trip, and most of what i write is either complete nonsensical gibberish or self deprecating hyperbole with like 30% of that being shorter posts crying about my actual problems on top of the fact that i sage my posts unless the thread is within like page 1-3

if you really can't just ignore my retard ass you can just filter me by image since i literally never update my chart
if you don't have 4chanX i can link you to the fork I use so you can filter me

I've been meaning to get into it again. I used to read a fuckload as a kid, I just kinda dropped it one day. Once I get my car in a month or two I'll probably start amassing stacks from half price books or something around my arm chair

thx for sentiments

I pretty much never share my interests with friends if they don't have a mutual interest or unless they're super open minded

>idk why people get so raged at my posts

yeah i mean my friends aren't really into music or literature or film like i am so i'm lauded as the one with weird interests of my friend group but it is nice to talk about those things with people every once in a while

>love this chart
>can i get a rec from you?
thanks man, I would rec the 1975-1978 compilation of Baudouin Oosterlynck's music based on Graham Lambkin. It sounds more academic and composed (if in a fully conceptual, aleatoric, and minimalist way) than Salmon Run, but has an uncannily similar sound to me; for instance there's a track that's only a simple motif repeated on an underwater-sounding piano with slowed down laughing and cooing playing over it. Pretty similar approach to textures and recording, and from many years earlier. If you haven't listened to Lambkin's project The Shadow Ring, you should too. All the albums are good. Another good piece by Stockhausen is Trans. Another artist I'd rec is Lucky Dragons, and Disco Inferno if you haven't already checked them out.
I dig your chart too, other than what I've mentioned I really like Twin Fantasy, Niandra Lades, Arthur Russell and Yo Yo Dieting. Lots of stuff I don't recognize too. Thanks for the slowcore recs btw, I'm not too bummed out actually but I dig slowcore
Thanks for asking user, I've been feeling a bit better. It was amicable and I hope for the best, so I feel better by now. Complicated relationship kind of, but we started off as friends and are just better off as friends.