youtube.com/watch?v=SaEu29JBnVU
vocaroo.com/i/s1tc9MTualUs
vocaroo.com/i/s1flBXvKIu8m
vocaroo.com/i/s0Oi52sa03fj
vocaroo.com/i/s1xAsgivG1lg
clyp.it/oopvih3a
55chan.org/b/src/1506691964642.ogg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what's your favorite overdrive that isn't loud /gg/?

earthquake devices acapulco gold.

Boss Blues Driver is pretty good.

fulltone ocd

Yea, editions are back!

Caline CP-12 Pure Sky. A $30 Timmy clone. Its greatest strength is that it is completely tone-neutral with the tone knobs at 12 O'clock. The tone knobs are, IMO, better than the Timmy's because humbucker neck pickups sing with the treble knob turned up, whereas the Timmy's tone knobs are cut-only, neutral at 0.
I just recorded a short demo of it today: youtube.com/watch?v=iblR61ltmE0

Les lius

I know everyone always jizzes all over this one but I didn't like it when I tried it out.
I liked my old one before I sold it for rent money back in the day. It made a pretty great first overdrive pedal in an overdrive stack chain.

What price range should I be looking for if I'm a casual guitar player looking to get a classical guitar?
Haven't had one since I was 11 but I mostly play fingerpicking these days.

Around $500 more or less

It's quite relative but I'd say if you already can somewhat play, don't buy something too shitty or you'll just drop the thing into the fire because it sounds and/or plays terrible.

Oh shit that's going to be like $1000 in australia, what's the bare minimum manufacturer I should be looking for at that price then?

Go to guitar stores and try out guitars until you find one you like the feel of. There may be inexpensive guitars you love the feel of and there probably will be expensive guitars you don't like the feel of. You should buy guitars based on what your hands think of them, not what they cost.

deanguitars.com/query?upc=814064029521

kek
i'll be looking for a used one of these now
i'm too ocd to have a pedal named ocd
i'll buy this one tonight probably, i have amazon prime and $30 is cheap af
can't find it anywhere :/

I know y'all are gonna shit all over this, but;

I'm currently gigging with a Peavey Supreme XL amplifier. I feel like it gives me a decent high gain distortion for a solid state amp, It seems to hold it's own against our lead guitarist's Peavey 5150.

But I'm wanting to step up and get a used tube amp but I have a budget of about $300.

I've been looking at the Bugera 333 and the B-52 AT-100, but I was wondering what other amps, if there are any to consider around that price point?

Don't get a $300 tube amp. Save up for something good.

>Used Bugera
So failure rates but without the warranty to cover it. Noice. $300 dosh won't get you a nice tube amp, so follow 's advice: save up.

Don't get a tube amp unless you're financially comfortable enough to afford multiple, frequent repairs. Trust me. If you end up gigging with a tube amp, always bring along a backup solid state amp. Trust me.

No don't you don't have enough for a good gigging amp yet. Not to mention the maintenance they need.

You can't tell the dumb poorfa/gg/s who post in /gg/ anything.

Save your fucking money and buy something decent and get it over with. Then you can get on with PLAYING and NOT grappling with the inherent shortcomings of garbage ass gear.

STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS LISTEN TO WHAT I'M TELLING YOU

So just keep my SS amp? got it, cool.

using a bigsby in 21st century is like using steam engine cars

take out your dick

alright im completely new to this guitar stuff

i own a fender bullet strat (yes, the cheaper end) and my high E string has broken twice just from playing it. once near the nut and another time near the bridge. what is most likely to be causing this?

i began with a thick pick to practice beginner stuff (probably a mistake) and I replaced my strings with some sort of nickel coated set... high E broke a second time

forgive my naïve inexperience

Yeah. If you're looking to change/upgrade your distortion sounds do some pedal shopping. If you're on a budget there's some great Chinese clone pedals out there if you do your research.
The Windows/Linux software Room EQ Wizard, when used with a measurement microphone, is a handy tool for helping you shape your amp's tone. Run a line-level output into your amp's clean channel, measure your amp's frequency response with REW and adjust tone knobs accordingly.
You can get sick tone with Chinese clone pedals and affordable solid state amps' clean channels if you know how to set the tone knobs right.

>being this defensive

Yeah, just press down on the strings behind the nut/bridge with your fingers.

Avatar posting is against the rules

king of tone

That's exactly why I do it.

Gigging with a tube amp really isn't bad. I've been using a 6505 for years, all I had to do was change the tubes once

youtube.com/watch?v=SaEu29JBnVU Neil Young gets some amazing sounds with a Bigsby.

You've been absurdly lucky.

you say this now but it's going to break during your next gig. just watch. youll remember this post.

they like to act like a tube amp is some great undertaking with continuous upkeep

Yngwie-tier thin strings without Yngwie-tier touch, garbage nut, garbage saddles, poor string job. Bullet Squier are just good enough to start and see if you like it before moving on.

Don't put curses on me lad, I won't allow it

There ain't nothin' in a tube amp that ain't in a solid state amp except a handful of tubes, dumbass. The worst that happens is you need to pull 'em and re-bias, and any retard with a meter can do that. Even a dipshit like you ;^)

>and any retard with a meter can do that.

but this is /gg/

Damn, you got me there.

tube amps are only good if you're playing loud often
desu i've never changed anything or had to repair my fender deville
I do keep a Crate powerblock handy to plug straight into the speakers if it does blow at a gig though

>thin strings break

what kind of retardation is this. it's THICK STRINGS that break more frequently when they're tuned up to pitch. the fuck.

The problem is too often other people you'll have to deal with more than the amp itself. From your moronic bassist and drummer to the other guys who'll want to try it and blast it to the beginner tech who'll bias it too hot and all that nonsense. In itself, a tube amp isn't that fragile. Don't jump on it while the tubes are hot and it's rather fine.

Nothing was said about thin strings specifically breaking while being tuned up. It implied that the player might be absurdly heavy on very thin strings.

i bend my billy gibbons 7 gauges the entire span of the fretboard (high e string all the way up to the low e string) and never snapped a string, wailing away on it

i'd wager it's basically impossible to break some thin strings, since the tension is reduced so much

hey you stole my meme nickles

It can be, depending on the amp and circumstances. It can also not be.
Transportation stability and driver quality are huge issues here as well.

what does /gg/ think of this fingerpicking melody i came up with yesterday?

vocaroo.com/i/s1tc9MTualUs

Very nice

Because bass strings be snappin' all the damn time.

which one?

Quit fucking around, and get a telecaster.

The only strings I've ever broken have been the thins one

>1 pickup guitars

Assuming the amp comes with a built-in bias pot. If not, you've gotta buy biased tubes or install your on pot. Even a sandy asshole like yourself should be able to manage that one. Well, maybe a LITTLE help from your mom.

thanks user! which do you think sounds better, that version with more technical finger picking or this one with more of a strumming pattern? i like the first one but at the same time i feel like the melody is lost and becomes choppy with all the picking desu

vocaroo.com/i/s1flBXvKIu8m

Why not both

You could make it a song. The first one sounds more like an intro. Write something new to come after, then bring it back with the strumming version

this is my "fingers"

Asking again, but Maestro or Bigsby w/tailpiece for my 2017 SG std? Will not actually be using the vibrato, it's purely for weight balance and cosmetics. Can't decide which I like more.

jfc why do all electric guitars look so ugly?

Brand new gibson, the stopbar is set fairly high on one side from factory with the strings still grazj g the back of the bridge. Could this be a sign that there's something wonky with the neck and that's all they could do to set up?

I'm worried because of Gibson's QC reputation and I don't know what to look for/dont want to lose a guitar I love.

hate to agree with anime fag but he is right, save up and just get something good

Alright /gg/,

J-bass, Musicman, or Rick?

I'm leaning Jbass but i'm not totally sold yet.

Either a MM or a J-bass, depends if you're looking for an aggressive tone vs a bit more versatility, assuming you're talking about a Stingray and an American Fender.
I'm not a huge fan of Ricks personally. They look and sound great but I don't like the feel of them and they're poorly built for a bass in that price range.

Whatever you choose, try before you buy.

I enjoy winding up 900fag as much as the next guy, but you're lying to yourself if you think he was upset in that thread.

wtf?

Neck dive is a bitch, the SG was designed to have a vibrato and without one the weight distribution is fucked. May just derek trucks it and screw the metal plate on without actually stringing through the vibrato.

I have an SG and I have no problems with neck dive. You could move the location do the strap pin or throw some fishing weights into the control cavity. A thicker strap would help top.

This is good advice.

If you can afford a 2nd amp and cab combo then Ric. Can't really use Ric's to their full potential unless you run them stereo.

I mean it also just looks cooler

I wear my guitars faily high so neck dive seems to really affect me.

vocaroo.com/i/s0Oi52sa03fj

What do you guys think of this song?

You're tone deaf. It's unlistenable as soon as the singing comes in.
Tuning issues everywhere with the guitars and bass, very unpleasant.
Looking past all that, the composition is alright. Boring and unoriginal but not offensive.

This one was meant to be jammier. What do you think of this one?

vocaroo.com/i/s1xAsgivG1lg

Also fuck you :^)

*That one was

Can you really not tell how off your vocals are? They really kill everything.
Anyway I like that composition a bit more.
There are still tuning issues. Probably just bad intonation, it's more noticeable when you have high melodies juxtaposing chords

I'm not the singer. I think he did a solid job though, it doesn't ruin any of it for me. I get he has a distinctive voice, kind of reminds me of Billy Corgan a bit, but I think his voice is characterful, which matters a lot for stylizing a band.

Also fuck you again ;)

When you play make sure the singer can hear himself.

I actually like the timbre of his voice, that's not what I'm talking about it. His pitch is everywhere. That's not something to argue about, that's just how it is. If you can't tell then you're tone deaf too

I could have been a total ass about this, I'm just giving you the straight facts.

That headstock on a Explorer looks weird

if has to be one of these two, go for the SG

That dude definitely needs singing lessons.

t. someone who can't sing, either

Is this pedal a meme?

I don't even know what 'meme' means any more.

It had such a useful and interesting definition originally.

alright I appreciate the advice. so there’s no way I can prevent the string from snapping so much except playing gentler?

goodnight /gg/ see you tomorrow

This would be good if the singer was not tone deaf and the instruments were finer tuned. His voice is fine, he just has no sense of pitch or melody.

its just a boost pedal with treble boost

It's an interesting design, too.

good buy!

Is Chapman's gf a tranny?

What more could I want?

rate this half improvised solo
clyp.it/oopvih3a

monkey/10

Try adding some graphite to the saddle and nut with a pencil. At least, check if any component the strings touch are sharp. Cheap guitars just tend to have garbage hardware unfortunately.

Some people just really have a horse face user.

should I buy ADA MP-1?
any users here? I kinda liked it, more than engl e530 and others
There's plenty of mods, and tweakable frequency cutoffs inside the box. And damn, I love fully MIDI-based interfaces.

rate pls
55chan.org/b/src/1506691964642.ogg