Raspberry Pi 3

Just bought one of these so I could learn how to program and have a good emulation machine. Did I make the right move or did I waste my money?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2OZKitRwc
amazon.com/Vilros-Raspberry-Complete-Starter-Kit--Black/dp/B00MV6TAJI/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You came to the wrong place to be axin questions like that son.

Download an image with emulators preloaded and load that onto your SD card then add the roms.
also

You didn't make the right move when you decided to post it in Sup Forums.

Shit my bad, forgot I was still in Sup Forums

I have 3. SSH that shit, nigger. Using it as a standalone w/ hdmi and shit is such a meme

I have one with every arcade and console game installed from the VCS to the N64.

Ok yeah wrong board but FWIW Rasbpi is a really solid platform for emulation.

as far as "learning how to program" you don't need any hardware for that. There are plenty of online resources and tutorials when it comes to writing in Python or whatever other linux bullshit the pi runs on.

All the software for emulation already exists. You don't need to code anything.

Which roms are you looking for?

NOW ALL YOU NEED IS A BRIEFCASE, AND YOU WILL HAVE A REALLY SWEET CLOCK AND GET FAMOUS!

>Just bought one of these so I could learn how to program and have a good emulation machine and make an autism phone.
FTFY

>pi

enjoy your shitty lgbt machine.

A neat project is the Onion Pi - look it up. You can make a Tor proxy. Be sure to use it only for trolling or shit like that because Tor isn't completely safe.

youtube.com/watch?v=eQ2OZKitRwc

all kidding aside you could probably make a sick-ass bomb with the pi nano.
$5 nano
$2 relay
$0.99 wifi dongle

If you're autistic enough you could get the thing to work with RF (but at that point just get an Arduino)

>bought a raspberyy pi to learn to code
Why?

That thing's awesome. We need more smart kids building weird shit like this.

>redpilled trap
>shitty lgbt

Eh?

I don't have a computer I can use at the moment, gotta start somewhere.

>buying cheap chink shit
you fucked up.

Should have just bought a second hand PC with peripherals for the same price.

Are you posting from a pi right now?

>falling for the Jewberry Pi meme

>Eh?
Don't expect reasonable arguments from someone with a metal illness.
It's technology it cannot be lgtbbq or whatever it's just a thing that follows instructions.

For less than $35? I live in Oklahoma so finding a second hand computer is kinda hard where I live. People here are about 20 years behind. I'd have to pay a lot for shipping if I were to buy on eBay also. Seemed like it was my best option.

From my mobile, it's hard to see on this thing sometimes. That's why my thread wound up here.

Is Craigslist relatively safe in Oklahoma? Cause that would have been your best bet, you might have even been able to score one for free.

Nah not here especially not around Ardmore area. I've lived in a lot of states but this is by far the worst place I've ever lived. It's like there's something in the air that turns people into assholes here.

May I suggest going to an university and asking the computer science department if they can't ask around and see if someone has an old laptop they could sell for cheap?
I'd you tell then you're interested in programming they could even give you some tips to start out.

I haven't tried that yet, that will probably be my best bet if I don't like the raspberry Pi. Thanks for the tip.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish that you can't do on a normal computer? You can learn how to emulate in a PC. Just read an architecture you want to emulate, grab one of the thousands of roms out there, and go at it. Do you want to learn how to program? Install gentoo and start coding. Nothing's really stopping you.

The real world applications of one of these raspberry pi/arduino/launchpad/etc are quite limited tbqh mate. I think you wasted your money.

Seems this fellow has some bomb knowledge.

As bad as I want one I don't have access to a regular computer at the moment. Even the cheap ones at Walmart are out of my price range, having to take care of my whole family by myself is leaving me broke, but that's life.

How small are these things?

I'm totally unfamiliar with these things but they look really useful. I do a lot of urban hiking and a portable computer that could be plugged in wherever could be nice to have.

Don't. I know a lot of people who would rob people with the help of Craigslist

what the living fuck?

Sup Forums is smart people

the fuck, you can't post shit like that with no back story

raspberry pis are the shit, there's so much you can do with them. sure, play around with them, but they're an easy way to make a regular tv into a smart tv to run signage and such

What are they supposed to be? Cadavers?

>le craigslist will get you killed or robbed meme XDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Meet the motherfucker in a public place, it's not that hard. Jesus.

source?

They'll rob you in front of God and everyone here.

Then meet outside a fucking police station. It's not rocket surgery, Jesus. If someone legitimately wants to buy/sell and not rob you they won't have a problem meeting in front of a police station.

>no money for a PC
>owns a smartphone

Gotta get your priorities right. Smartphones are luxury articles, while a PC is a basic need.
How the fuck do you even live without a PC?

wtf is that

I have one. RetroPie with a shit load of roms and Kodi. I play guitar with most of my free time but I'll bring it to family stuff to play SNES stuff with my cousins probably.

Got the phone for free, but yeah it sucks not having a computer I feel like I'm missing out on so much shit right now

>someone with a mental illness.
So you're saying that guy is gay himself?

THIS IS NOT POLITICS IN THE SLIGHTEST BIT FUCK OFF TO HOLY SHIT FUCK OFF
SAGE

It's not really building it if they didn't make each individual part themselves though. It's just a glorified puzzle.

Get a dankpad. You can get them for around 150 these days on ebay. Sup Forums has a lot of shitty memes but the T420 is a good buy.

Whad the fug?

>Sup Forums is nothing but shitty memes and self-loathing
Much better.

Google retropi

I bought one a month ago. Here's my blog.

I chose to run Raspbian because it's the "supported" distro. There have been some minor issues (such as the default GB keyboard layout) but all in all a nice little machine.

Don't hesitate to buy the codec, it works great.

Also I have managed to tear systemd from Raspbian 100%, but it fucked up X somehow. I just manually launch it and it works fine.

Hi! Few things to start off with =]
1. Yes I replied to your post because you're a femanon, 'tis an awesome thing to see!
2. I'm Brian.
3. Don't be intimidated, but I'm not a stereotypical guy. If anything, I'll be the one in the kitchen =D.

Also don't forget, the thing delivers limited USB power so you'll need a powered hub!

You're a powered hub

Whats a pi3?

Sauce?

>falling for the jewberry pi meme
Not even once. You can get a 48GB ram, 12 core server for like 200$ in the US to run your VMs anyways. You can even do PCI passthrough and use it as a desktop/server combo. Why would you buy useless crap like this?

Wasn't this frequently posted on the chans some years back?

You could've just started reading online docs and downloaded an environment & compiler.

If you seriously want to be a programmer, you could have even just started playing with Chrome's JavaScript terminal.

>1# learn web; html & JavaScript
>2# master a high level programming language
>3# learn logic and set maths
>4# master SQL & noSQL
>5# learn Enterprise system frameworks
>6# learn Electronics and C ANSI

Good luck. Don't be evil.

its a jewish wardrobe you bluepilled homos

yes

It's a single board computer user.

A small one.

I'm trying to figure this stuff out. Could I just buy something like this along with a small keyboard and be able to plug it into a random TV to browse the internet or download movies?

amazon.com/Vilros-Raspberry-Complete-Starter-Kit--Black/dp/B00MV6TAJI/

Why didn't you just program and run emulators on your PC?

Not necessarily, depends on your power supply. I've never had an issue with the onboard USB ports.

You'll trip the self-resetting breaker if you pull too much power through the USB.

This is a feature documented in the hardware notes.

HIGHTEST
I
G
H
T
E
S
T

Also guys, Raspbian leaves something to be desired if you want to use the GUI to set up Bluetooth.

Best to use the command line.

Subtle massive titty

You can use 22 of the GPIO headers to interface more RAM to the Pi as well, cool shit.

56p PIC16F Microchip, 40p real time clock, some breadboard, bleach and some Magnesium salt.

t. British ISIS member.

The van's coming bruv.

>Cool phone Ahmed!

What in the fuck? Why even? A movie prop?

This is where unclaimed bodies and those that donate themselves to science go.

>metal illness.
iron deficiency is no joke

Somebody give me a few good vids for beginner programming it would be much appreciated.

>Inb4 fuck off ya lazy cunt

Go to Sup Forums and look in the DPT.

Thanks.

Raspberry were anti gamergate when it was still under our control so fuck those cucks

Who fucking cares user.

Money is all I know