My biggest fear in life is being falsely accused of rape or sexual assault

My biggest fear in life is being falsely accused of rape or sexual assault.

If you're a man, there's just nothing you can do except hope. Either way your name will be smeared all over the media, so you'll be socially destroyed no matter what. All you can do is hope that you don't end up in prison or on the sex offender's registry. Even if you're 100% innocent, even if you haven't even seen the girl before. All you got is hope, because probability is working against you.

What do you fear most in life, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

letsgaze.com/#/w/5cbt7jl9sikvs4i0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mods, OP just raped me, please call the POO POO.

Failing to achieve what I want in school. Its unhealthy how hard I work at it

That's gay

Same, if that happened to me I would move to another country and change my name or just kms

Well, if i am getting accused of it, and am going to go to for it, i'm going to make sure its not a false allegation if you catch my drift.

Shutup u pedo rapist

Laws are in favour of women so you're fucked

durr

let me make it clearer. If i'm getting charged with rape by a bitch, i'm gonna rape the bitch. besides, im already going to jail for it

Stats show most rape reports aren't proven false. It would be more logical for you to fear being raped than being falsely accused. Women get nothing out of it in most cases, even when it concerns celebrities. Celebrities pay hush money because they're guilty.

He knows that, he's saying if a woman falsely accused him of rape he would just go ahead and actually rape her. At least that way she wouldn't get away unscathed.

ya this guy's totally guilty

Sounds like he's just a potential rapist looking for any justification he can find to be a scumbag. Normal men don't live in literal fear of this.

Don't worry bro, everyone else in prison is innocent too

How about don't fuck batshit insane leftist sluts?

Common red flags include:
>tattoos
>piercings other than ears
>short, dyed or "alternative" hairstyles
>excessive need for male attention
>any form of sympathy for victim complex groups
>drug use
>psychiatric prescriptions
>non religious

Well that's what the bitch wants, give her what she deserves

What's the story op? Did u fuck a passed-out chick and now you freaking out she's found your cum in her pubes or something?

I have a guilty conscience too.

When I'm outdoors, I'm more afraid of the police stopping me, telling me to get down on the ground into a mud puddle or other filth, getting beaten, arrested, and held in a crowded jail cell with no access to water over the weekend until the following tuesday.

I have no sense of danger of some serial killer getting me, and usually no fear of a bear attack or something. Just some literal bitch calling the popo and lying that she saw me waving a gun.

Woah what's wrong with being non-religious? Religion is weak.

/ Thread

letsgaze.com/#/w/5cbt7jl9sikvs4i0

>Stats show most rape reports aren't proven false
Actually, stats vary quite a bit. The prevalence of false rape accusations is somewhere between 3 and about 40%, though most studies put it in the range of 3-8%.

>It would be more logical for you to fear being raped than being falsely accused
Now see, that's actually wrong. The reason that that line of thinking is wrong is this:

You can recover from rape. You can't recover from a false accusation.

If you're raped, you could get physical injuries, you could get PTSD, you could feel violated and have trouble being intimate with a person of the opposite sex. But injuries can be treated and injuries can heal. PTSD can be dealt with through counseling and medication. Feelings of being violated will fade and intimate partner issues can be resolved through cognitive therapy.

If you're falsely accused and in the very likely case that you're convicted or take a plea deal, you will spend time in prison, you will spend time on probation, and you will be required to register as a sex offender. You can't "recover" from prison - you have to serve your sentence, and maybe you'll get attacked or raped or killed while you're in there. You can't "recover" from probation - you have to be on your best behavior (including not making mistakes) until it's over.

Most importantly, you can't "recover" from being a felon and being required to register as a sex offender. You can never own weapons. You can't vote. You can't live within a large radius of schools, parks, daycares, and other public places. You will be harassed and accosted and (likely) attacked for the rest of your life or just killed by "vigilantes taking matters into their own hands". You can't "recover" from that. You can't go back.

Your life is ruined, and you can't stop it, and you can't undo it. Yes, being falsely accused of rape is worse than being raped. There is absolutely no doubt about that, and if you disagree you are either incompetent or insane.

>You can recover from rape. You can't recover from a false accusation.

Everything following this is assuming that most rapists or those falsely accused serve prison time. The overwhelming majority of real rapists don't. Brock Turner is just one prominent example. Mike Tyson is another guy who did his time and is a registered sex offended and yet he's still insanely rich and he is still active in Hollywood. Of course, being rich to begin with makes a difference in all cases, but it's a blanket statement to say that being falsely accused is worse than actually being raped. There are tons of rape victims who never truly recover from the abuse, especially victims who were children and the rapist was someone from their family.

I'm not saying being falsely accused should be taken lightly, but lots of men who are found guilty have gotten a slap on the wrist.

>Yes, being falsely accused of rape is worse than being raped. There is absolutely no doubt about that, and if you disagree you are either incompetent or insane.

Spoken like someone who likely has never been the victim of rape or doesn't know anyone who is.

>Normal men don't live in literal fear of this.
Most men are simply ignorant of how dangerous and easy it is to be falsely accused. Note I said "ignorant", not stupid; they literally just don't know any better.

I'm not the guy who replied to you, but I am by pretty much all accounts a normal, good person. I have a reasonably successful career, good relationship with my friends and family, good social life, I work out and run, I play video games, I love animals (though I don't have any of my own), and wherever I can I try to help people. I want what's best for everyone, as much as possible.

And false accusations scare the shit out of me. Because I don't do anything illegal and I'm not an asshole hated by large swaths of people (like Ajit Pai or Trump or someone like that), there's *nothing* that can ruin my life that's outside of my control, barring car accidents. The one exception is false accusations. I can't control that. It's the one thing that is 100% out of my hands, and that scares the absolute shit out of me because if it does happen, there's almost nothing you can do to stop it.

Rapists and molesters don't fear false accusation, they fear being discovered. I fear false accusations, because I haven't (and never will) do anything like that but I can still be accused, convicted, and ruined because of it.

That's fucking scary.

My biggest fear in life is that the boi that I like x ten million will disappear into the mountains of Chile and never come back. Xoxo,
Gossip Girl

I think it's a normal fear to have but if it interrupts your ability to function, then something's wrong, and in that case, I'd seek help.

It really sucks that there are vindictive people out there, but like the above posts say, the majority of rape reports aren't false. Even more, most real rapists don't serve any time in prison, according to RAINN.

>fearing false accusations means you are guilty
You guys jest, but that is literally how some people think. Not even 'some'; a fucking lot of people, probably the majority of the public, very literally think that. "If you didn't do anything wrong, you don't have anything to worry about", and the reason they believe that is because they never hear of the hundreds/thousands of men who are found innocent after months, years, or decades of being punished as a "rapist" despite never doing anything wrong in their lives.

They don't show you that on NBC, and they never will.

That's not enough. It's a good start, but again, it's no guarantee.

You could break up with your girlfriend and she goes off the deep end, and to "get back at you" she'll destroy your life. There aren't any consequences for her, so the only thing that would stop her from doing that is if she decides ruining your life isn't worth the effort - again, out of your control.

We aren't talking about rape, we're talking about false rape accusations.

>There are tons of rape victims who never truly recover from the abuse, especially victims who were children and the rapist was someone from their family.
That's not the point. The point is that it's *possible* to recover from rape, whereas it is *not* possible to recover from a false conviction.

>I'm not saying being falsely accused should be taken lightly, but lots of men who are found guilty have gotten a slap on the wrist.
This is the other issue that crops up all the time, especially on places like Reddit. "Because some men get away with it, it's 'okay' that innocent men get punished." or it "balances things out" or what have you.

Let me flip it around: because some women falsely accuse men of rape, that makes it "less bad" when innocent women actually get raped. See how that's not a good way of looking at things?

>That's not the point. The point is that it's *possible* to recover from rape, whereas it is *not* possible to recover from a false conviction.

Yes, you can recover from a false conviction. There are actual rapists who recover from their past. There are rape victims who don't. You're assigning blanket statements when there are so many possible scenarios.

>This is the other issue that crops up all the time, especially on places like Reddit. "Because some men get away with it, it's 'okay' that innocent men get punished." or it "balances things out" or what have you.

I'm not at all justifying false accusations nor do I think it's some karmic way of balancing things out. My point is that while false accusations are terrible, they're not nearly as common as most men think. Actual rape of both men and women is far more common than false accusations of rape.

tl;dr

>I think it's a normal fear to have but if it interrupts your ability to function, then something's wrong, and in that case, I'd seek help.
What help is there to seek? This isn't borne out of brain pathology, this is the logical conclusion of knowing the statistics of the real world; valuing your life and knowing the real-life numbers of false accusations necessarily leads to fearing false accusations.

If you don't fear false accusations, you either don't know any better (you don't have the statistics) or you are insane (you don't care if you get ruined/hurt/killed).

>the majority of rape reports aren't false
It doesn't matter if the majority are true, there's still a very large percentage that are patently false (somewhere between 3 and 40%, like I said above). That's a *very* significant portion, you can't just dismiss that by saying more are true than are false. If we killed 30% of the population you can't say "it's okay because 70% of people are still alive", right?

>Even more, most real rapists don't serve any time in prison, according to RAINN.
Again, this isn't in the context of rapists. The fact that most real rapists don't face consequences has nothing to do with innocent people being accused, right? Innocent people aren't rapists, and their false accusers aren't victims; it's unrelated.

>Yes, you can recover from a false conviction.
>You are a felon, on probation, and a registered sex offender
>You cannot vote
>You can't own weapons
>You can't live within half a mile of any schools, parks, daycares, community centers, various other public and government places
>The first thing that comes up when someone googles your name is "convicted of rape"
>Your name is permanently on a public list that anyone can search which says you are a rapist and where you live
>You will be denied jobs and housing because of your felony conviction and/or sex offender status
I'd like to hear how you recover from that? An innocent person, hit with that.