-
0x0
0x0
0x0
0x0
false
true

RUN!!!!!

Are you overclocking your cpu or did you make any hardware changes? Has this always happened?

no i'm not overclocking my cpu and i haven't changed my hardware recently. it started happening like a week ago

You power supply MIGHT be failing. Have you installed any new hardware?

OK is it hot where you live right now?

It's most likely power supply which sucks. But if it's hot there you could try ventilating it better or cleaning out the dust. Otherwise it's almost certainly your power supply.

around 20 celcius average
here are the temperatures

no i haven't installed any hardwares, you can see the specs on the screenshot. my psu is a 500watt 80 plus one

Don't listen to these cunts, they know nothing. As Linus once said "Computers are like air conditioners, they become useless when you open Windows." I'm not trolling, what you'll wanna do is reformat to a proper OS like any distribution of Linux. Start with maybe Ubuntu since you love Windows so much.

Problem == Solved

Yeah it sounds like a power supply then. You probably have to replace it. Get a 750 watt one next time too. You might be running right up against that 500w. Power supplies do fail and you gotta get new ones sometimes but to be safe get a beefier one.

i don't love windows much, i tried using ubuntu once but it was hard to use. but will try that if nothing solves this problem. thanks

thanks it seems like i'll be looking for some more solutions before changing the power supply, i'm broke atm

Your computer is almost 40 degrees bro! Shove it in the freezer for an hour.

Not if it's a hardware issue Mr. Stallman

and then what? I can't do shit but hey I have linux installed

lol this is the best i can do for now, gonna try to clean it

Familiarize yourself with how the terminal and command line work, it's a little learning curve but so worth it, once you know it. You can a lot done much more efficiently.

I had the same issue and it turned out to be the Nvidia kernel graphics driver that kept crashing.

Read? It's really not hard to use Linux. My friends 12yo daughter uses Arch I set up for her.

It's not that hot to be honest. Sorry you're broke but it's most definitely a hardware issue and comes down to either trying to do too much with what you have or overheating it or your power supply. Literally all you can do is get a new one or underclock your gpu and take out a stick of ram. You can't solve this permanently with any software solution.

Popeyes is better than the Kernal, solved!

how do i fix that?

yeah i guess, i'll try to learn all that stuff

doing what? checking facebook

I'm willing to bet he could..

Stop leading this dude down a path that won't fix his issue. This isn't the thread to be pushing Linux in, this is a hardware issue.

Yeah basically, and Twitter and Netflix lol.

Stfu newb, any thread where he's using Windows is a thread to push Linux in.

my gpu is an oc edition, how do i underclock it? if i take out a stick of ram, it'll be shitty af. i guess i better change my power supply. thanks man.

The ONLY thing Windows is better at is being garbage. If you wanna be a garbage human and use a garbage OS be my guest.

Well to put it like this, regarding the Nvidia kernel thing.

I switched out my entire computer twice, reinstalled windows 4 times, left it at a professional a few times and it still kept doing that.
Then it randomly fixed itself one day.

So I genuinely have no idea.

You can't run Linux on a broken computer, can you Mr. Torvalds? Stop guzzling so much cum. I told him what's up. Linux is nice but you'll need a new power supply first. I'm out.

shutting down suddenly can only be the power supply. even the CPU dying will leave something on the screen. i just spent months dealing with what seemed to be a bad motherboard, and it WAS but at the end, it gave codes--actual display on the board--that there was no CPU.

i replaced the board, which wasn't too hard because a lot of FM2+ boards just became half price this december but there are no FM2+ CPUs in the US unless you spend 400 bucks for a legacy CPU to replace an exact one.

the board was always bad... first thing that went wrong was that the APU--CPU with GPU built in--lost part of its onboard video. also, there was always an ugly audio interference really quiet on it.

with the new motherboard, the CPU did nothing. i was VERY lucky to find an A10-7800 CPU from india. it got here in less than 32 hours using DHL and it cost 80 bucks. works GREAT.

i've been watching shit happen with computers for 20 years.

your problem has to be the power supply. that's the cheapest thing to replace, followed by board and then CPU but it's also the easiest because if you replace the board you need to make sure your RAM will work on it, and even then, your CPU is probably obsolete and it will SUCK to find one.

750w PS is like 50, and a nice corsair is 60-70. i recommend corsair. they even come in a black velvet bag.

Hardware is only as good as the software that runs it. What are drivers?

It works better at having users that don't say things like "Install a different glitchy OS and then go online to shitty message boards full of autistic shut-ins to figure out how to get bluetooth and wifi working."

lol, thanks

thanks dude but i live in turkey and everything is overpriced here lol but yeah i guess i'll save some bucks to change my psu will check corsair ones my rams are also corsair

OP how old is that 500W? If it has a couple years on it like 4-5 and your PC is on daily it most likely has to be replaced. Usually the cheaper brands have crappy shelve lives, I wouldn't go and buy a high wattage psu since your PC is running old parts and 500 seems perfect.
If anything try waiting till Christmas to gets some money for a Best buy psu or something, if anything if your mobo is capable go lower the clock on your cpu or turn some other device off in your bios

Make sure to get a 750w

2.5 years old and never had a problem with it. my pc is working every single day.

Linux guy refusing to address the issue at hand calling others autistic shutins LOL

isnt 500w 80plus enough for these old parts?

Well it should be, but I'd err in the side of caution. If it's spiking against that 500w limit it will shut down. 750w ensures you won't have that problem.

What brand is it? If it's a cooler master it might be kaput if it's a thermaltake definitely get rid of it

2 mins ago, screen blacked out and a no signal thing appeared mouse and keyboard lights turned off but the case was still noisy then it restarted itself

it's called xigmatek

Use quality power board for your cables. Had similar issue when PC-Monitor-Heater were all plugged to the same sockets board.

They sell such stuff in radioshack or walmart.

we don't have those places in turkey, can i find it online?

I'm not a Linux guy. I'm a Windows guy bitching about the Linux guy.