ITT you're teleported to 1750

ITT you're teleported to 1750

Do you think you could last a month in this year?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/07/what-if-america-had-lost-the-revolutionary-war/373964/
science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/what-if/what-if-america-lost-revolution1.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got the flu .. I would probably wipe out a continent .. feels good man

I bet sex smelled so bad back then.

it depends,where the fuck in the world would I be by that year?

Yes. Yes I can.

here's a fun project:
Go trace your lineage and see where you family is then

AHAHAHAHA exactly

No because I'm black

checkd
also there was water, soap and perfumes.. its not 470 BC Greece

Nope, back then they hadn't invented the method for extracting insulin for medical use, so I'd die in a week probably.

as soon as i materealise, i'd be burned at the stake for being a witch.

>be brown

I’m 6’5”. I would be worshipped as a god and would get mad pussy.

no no user, it's done in a barn.

This would be the hard part. They didn't take a bath daily. Could teach them. But if in Europe would be fine. I'm white so if not there dead duh. But no AC and no heat would suck. Also the 2 sleep things would be hard. If you don't know what that is duckduckgo it

Furthermore, being a white male with a decent understanding of engineering, I would be a god in the southern US. I could 'invent' the cotton gin, etc, and prevent the import of any more slaves. Bypass the need for the civil war. Be a Henry Ford 150 years ahead of time. Isolate penicillin, fuck whores, cure my syphilis. Get a nice wife, have 15 kids, and no worries about divorce.

Goddamn, sign me up right now.

i'll live. i want.

the 1 key thing you're NOT allowed to do is affect history at all.

I'd like to go back and fuck up everything so the future would correct itsself. No niggers in office.

P.S. Niggers can be white.

Personal hygene was only widely popular starting from the 1800's, before that only the rich had perfumes and soap, others cleaned themselves with water once in a while.

Toothbrushes by example exist from 1850+

says who nigger?
Nothing would stop him from doing what he wanted to change.

A month would be easy, Considering my family is ethnically German, id probably enjoy Prussia and all of the things it had to offer. Mozart and Bach.

that would be the 1 rule to all this

Why?

Nothing in the thread says you can/can't change anything.

seeing as 1750's dialectal English would likely make zero fucking sense to me, no

>teleported to 1750
I guess in my current location?
Yes, I'll be fine. My people have lived in this town since further back than that.
I'd be living in a large townhouse, have horses and a blacksmith shop outside.
I think, during the 1700 my family wasn't really important but still above the "common folk".
For a historian like me it would be absolutely amazing to experience.

I'm op. I should have mentioned that. I didn't think to add it. But logically, if you did go back, you'd have to watch out and be careful. 1 think out of place and fuck everything up.

Funny that. Everyone says 'oh if you go to the past and do one tiny fucking thing you change to present' but nobody thinks about changing the future by doing something tiny now

A better question would be whether their shitty, primitive immune systems could last a month with my future flu raping them all in the lymph-holes.

i'd probably kill everyone i come in contact with because of my superior viruses and diseases trained and slaved by vaccines

Nah, I'd set out to change as much as possible. End the American Revolution asap, become a politician, write a bunch of the Bill of Rights in a way as to be completely disambiguous. Send the dindus back home, on the government's dime. I'd make the world a much better place. Or at least the US.

Is the present really so great that there's nothing about it you wouldn't want to re-roll?

the issue with this user is that you have to do it JUST right. I mean anyone with the right brain power could do it too, sure, but if you're not careful, you could cause more shit. You have to think at least 10 steps ahead of everyone else and come up with a solution for EVERYTHING

I would move to China and get wrecked out of my gourd on that good Opium

I'm not saying it is or isn't but at the same time I love my Nintendo switch, anime and other nerd shit of today.

Idk using the knowledge I have in the 21st century I'd probably become the jack the ripper of 1750.

Seriously think about how easy it would be to kill people back then. The way they prosecute people would probably be "common sense" or just plain accusation. Imagine all the people that got put in jail for shit they didn't do. No forensics existed or anything.

>You have to think at least 10 steps ahead of everyone else and come up with a solution for EVERYTHING
I have hindsight. That helps a whole lot. And I'd be involved with some really smart people. Basically, I'd play devil's advocate with the Founding Fathers of the US to make them realize there are some unforeseen problems in their plan.

>Do you think you could last a month in this year?
with the knowledge i possess about sanitation, medicine, and just being literate would get me pretty far. i'm sure i'd be very out of place, and would get some weird stares without a powdered wig and long-ass beard, but once i picked up their old-timey manners of speech, i could blend in well enough.
I also know of all the shit that will happen in the next 2.5 centuries and can attempt to sway history for keks

Mfw all you fuckers wouldnt last a week. Ok maybe but not a month you fat shits. Dont hide the fact that youre dependant on fast food and high dosage of trans fats only to absorb enough calories because your retarded digestive system is used to that shit. You would starve to death fatshit and die from diarrhea. I laugh at you

I live in GA. We pride on being able to cook all our food and so on. I hardly touch fast food. I cook a lot of shit from scratch. Now, being back then would be a tad harder cause I wouldn't have my gas stove or electric stove but I could manage

europeans didn't take a daily bath on that time
good lucking fucking a super dirty,smelly and greasy woman

Yeah, we can tell them to get rid of the niggers ASAP. Come up with other ways to maintain your plantations but fucking get rid of the niggers no matter what it will cost. Ship them all the fuck back to Africa.

Nice trick question retard, theres only a gew days left before it becomes 1751.

I guess that would depend if I'm teleported to 1750 to the exact location I am at right now. Or if i get some say as to where they put me. I live in the wild west area so if i had to live here at that time I probably wouldn;t make it a month. If i got to to europe or something then sure I'd be well enough. I'd just take shitty jobs I guess.

fuck off reddit

>use my knowledge from the future to advance technology by hundreds of years
>realize I don't really understand how most of the technology functions
>become a farmer and write a letter to my descendants telling them to invest in bitcoin

Im in the past and wont have a Switch, anime, or other nerd shit. Why would I have to cater my life to you and the future I wont be apart of? Fuck that

>20-35 year old man materializes in 1750 europe
>no money
>no applicable skills
>speaks a weird dialect of english

Yeah, that'd end well for most people here. Even if you happened to be an electrical engineer or something and had the knowledge to start a technological revolution, you wouldn't have the money to fund it.

A neat idea. One that I would love to delve into as I'm interested in potential alternate histories.

Such as this one:

theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/07/what-if-america-had-lost-the-revolutionary-war/373964/

or this one:

science.howstuffworks.com/science-vs-myth/what-if/what-if-america-lost-revolution1.htm

I'm black, so I'd probably live. Sadly, as a slave but that still counts as living

I'd catch a train just north of here and chill my with absurdly rich family in NYC.

Family basically owned NY back then and even bought the presidency for my great great uncle.

Being literate would get you a job instantly and english in the 1750s was not very different than english today. Just different slang for the most part.

Literacy was pretty high in 1750, user. As were arithmetic skills, which all most people here posses. We're talking 1750, not 1400.

If it was 1750 where I am, i would probably look up some family and do some ranching. I’d have to brush up on my Spanish though.

>could 'invent' the cotton gin, etc, and prevent the import of any more slaves
The invention of the cotton gin made slaves much more profitable, since extracting the seeds was the major production bottleneck. You would also need to invent the combine harvester and other mechanized farm tools.
A better bet would be to help britain defeat napoleon faster, ensuring the US is defeated and re-annexed in the war of 1812. Since britain ended slavery much sooner than the US and the combi ed might of england and the north would have prevented even the most retarded south from seceeding over slavery, or from putting up much of a fight if they did.

These are literal lies. People in the Middle Ages brushed their teeth, chewed mint, wore nice smelling oils and deoderants and washed their clothes. At no point in history did people enjoy being dirty and smelling like shit. It's not like everyone walked around in burlap sacks with mud caked faces like in a Monty Python skit.

Regular bathing was out of the question for most people since you were drawing water from a well, but yeah, it's not like they had an aversion to being clean. Fragrant oils were necessary because they didn't exactly have deodorant. Fuck, even with bathing most men will smell like shit by the end of a day of physical labor without using deodorant.

>Regular bathing was out of the question for most people since you were drawing water from a well

When were rivers and lakes invented?

>everyone lived right next to a river

>its uncommon for settlements to be built next to bodies of water

I'd hang out a shingle and set myself up as a doctor. Would probably be a medical genius in the time before antiseptic practices and germ theory was known.

Things to note
>bed bugs, fleas, scabies, and lice where almost ubiquitous and everyone but the most wealthy probably had all 4.
>different strains of flu, tuberculosis, and all kinds of things were common and rapidly spreading. Seeing a doc about anything would generally result in getting worse as blood-letting, leeches, and mercury are common forms of treatment.
>No deodorant or bathing for months for most. Your asshole would have a permanent shit crust.

I'm convinced most of us would die in a month likely of tuberculosis... or some other disease that we'd have no immunity to. If not, the constant itch of having multiple parasites ravage your body would probably make you so miserable you wish you were dead.

An intelligent comment on Sup Forums. Are you lost?