I'm about to buy Witcher 3 tomorrow for PS4. What should I expect?

I'm about to buy Witcher 3 tomorrow for PS4. What should I expect?

Bump.

a waste of time

Really great stories and characters in a huge and well fleshed-out world, but bland uninspired combat mechanics.

one of the best RPGs of our time IMO.

Especially the DLCs too.

Bump.

Bamp.

Amazing game, I'd say hands down better than TESV: Skyrim. Combat is much more satisfying, the world and creature design is extremely unique, and there's actually some character development and good romantic leads rather than generic bitches to fuck (you can do that too if you want). Seriously can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077 as cyberpunk is one of my favorite genres and CD Projekt Red makes some of the best value games these days with no bullshit overpriced little DLCs, they actually put effort into them instead of just carving shit out of the base game like many other publshers

Fun.

solid 24fps

if youre autistic 10y old youll like it

Don't use the horse, walk around and explore off the paths

That's because of the shitty ass specs the consoles of this generation not that it was poorly made. Consoles are fucking gimped these days, the XBox one X is supposedly "the most powerful home console ever" but my 4 year-old gaming PC has better specs

cum

U ever pull out a girls ass thats got diahrea ur dicks gunna have shit all over it boy youll be so mad!

on ps4? no clue, but hard to see it not being vastly inferior to an average pc

It's a pretty decent game , with a nice amount of depth to it, but I got bored of the combat

dont play the game for the fighting mechanics, just play the game on the easiest mode. this is a story driven game.

A lot of talking. Talking about stuff you dont even know about unless you read the books.

Just recently finished the game myself. It's the best single player RPG I've ever played. It's what skyrim wanted to be but couldn't accomplish. People complain about the combat but i think it's fine. The worst thing about the game is that you'll never be a mage covering the screen in fire balls.

One of the best games I've ever played. The side quests are typically unique and oftentimes open ended. In the options menu, you can make the world level up to you to offset your character from becoming op.

Do look into the wiki if you don't understand some piece of history. It really makes the game good when you can understand why the world is the way it is. It will also make decisions more meaningful to the player. The world and story are truly a highlight of the game.

Always hold onto dimeriteum whenever possible. It's an important and rare crafting material especially later on.

Both DLC's are also worth it in my opinion. They take some bold moves with stories that really pay off.

Overall have fun and take your time. There's really no need to rush through the game. Take it all in and really make an effort to immerse yourself.

this

Check it out

visit: looch.tv/Lil_Ghostie ... free stream of tv shows & chat room

Free Chat Room

A game with a great world and mediocre controls.

I can agree with that. I found a signs build with some bombs to balance out the combat mechanics. Most of the signs and potions pale in comparison with the swordplay but if you invest perks in them then it balances out some to make combat more versatile and less rinse and repeat.

Also take time to study and learn different monsters or enemies. The game emphasizes preparation and exposing weaknesses to make combat easier. From an immersion standpoint, it's what witchers trained and studied to do.

First things first, although nowhere as difficult as the Souls games, you need to learn when to parry, dodge, block and which magic, potions and oils are best depending on what beast you're fighting. This game can be super easy or discouragingly impossible.
It's an epic story and some sidequests put your i.e. Level 4 character against a level 22 enemy.
Explore, talk to people, and when you get to the pub where that one girl is on stage and about to sing.... sit back, relax and enjoy that moment.

You really need to play Deus Ex Mankind Divided if you liked Witcher.

this.

one of the greatest games of all time. hollywood level story and voice acting. great graphics. and the Blood and Wine DLC is a must have.

was thinking about buying this game today. I love Dark Souls but its too fucking frustrating sometimes, and this game seems like it might have a more developed magician class. I get annoyed having to build each mage character as half melee, but maybe I'm just bad.

A fantastic game. For all that have played, I'm just before going to Skellige. The crones made me feel physically ill

see my comment here There's certain perks in the combat tree that are fairly important to most builds imo.

>huge
ehhhhhh

Hearts of Stone is one of the video game experiences that I've ever had.

It's really about density with this game. Fucking No Man's Sky can easily claim to have the largest world but there's no real meaning or story to any location. The Witcher makes a majority of locations have something to think about and not just kill random shit. This game more than most, I can remember specific locations and their significance.

what about blood and wine. did you have that experience?

Not that guy, but it was pretty awesome. A whole new map with very vivid themes and stories that played well off of each other. It's hard to find games much less dlc that can tie several aspects together so well.

The vivid color palates, knights errant, a princess, noble quests. It's kind of cheesy but you don't even mind because it goes so well together. They did a damn good job.

A game with a cool setting and story but really really boring mechanics. bought it last summer with all DLCs and still couldnt bring myself to finish it, that's how boring it can be.

If you cheat on yen with triss they both leave you

At least the fighting mechanics have impact and the spectacle of the fighting when done well looks really cool. In Skyrim it just feels like you're waving empty cereal boxes at your enemies.The dismemberment and finishers give some more visual flair too
Just like the Soul's series they give you ample tools to succeed. If you're having trouble you need to adapt the tactics you use, I found defeating game on Death March difficulty tough but rewarding

Protip for higher difficulties:The Quen sign is your greatest ally, without using it it would be nearly impossible at least for my playstyle of dodging and rolling instead of parrying

No he won't

A sense of regret that you didn't get the real version.

Still, easily the best RPG of the last 10 years, despite what some faggots will try to tell you.

>Be CURRENT YEAR
>Still gaming on console

A full mage playstyle is perfectly viable, I never invested skill points into combat or potions until I had the sign abilities I wanted. I only later on developed them as an afterthought during my new game+

It is a good game, but you should get it on the PC if you have a good GPU.

PC version has fer better visuals along with better frame rates.

Heavenly trips confirms, honestly consoles this generation seem to have fucked up their selling point of simplicity when you have to install the games anyway and have either shittier mod selection (PS4 in particular) or no modding whatsoever. With Steam OS you could just have a PC that behaves much like a console in terms of ease of use but isn't locked down like consols