Bandcamp

there was no thread up for a while

qotd:
>do you rather record stuff and spend all of your time miking up and playing instruments
or
>you'd rather use VSTs

Other urls found in this thread:

varsas.bandcamp.com/album/f-radt-a-hegy
bryanmyrold.bandcamp.com/album/all-you-do
deeryear.bandcamp.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=VDBpZdQNp9E
starsonabedroomwall.bandcamp.com/album/my-time
ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef-4
nounouhau.bandcamp.com/album/dont-worry-im-leaving-soon
scrugley.bandcamp.com/album/transient-life
ascrew.bandcamp.com/album/far-away-ep
wackysoutherncurrent.bandcamp.com/
wsc-music.tumblr.com/scores
brettryan.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-airplane-over-the-sea
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

FÁRADT A HEGY
varsas.bandcamp.com/album/f-radt-a-hegy
>Psychedelic Noise
>Lush Ambient
>Drone Metal
>Industrial
>featuring Epiglottis on piano
Handmade CDs are available
For the fans of The Goslings, Ramleh, Merzbow, Les Rallizes Dénudés

DUDE LIMITED EDITION CASSETTES LMAO

QOTD:
I used to record everything in Audacity, and I didn't really do anything else with the tracks except for mixing them to the right level and panning left/right, nowadays I use FL Studio or better DAWs. Obviously I can't replace noise and guitars with VSTs, but most of the effecting is digital, and I stopped using amplifiers too.

>indie rock/pop
>lofi

bryanmyrold.bandcamp.com/album/all-you-do

qotd: a little of both but I prefer the real stuff

deeryear.bandcamp.com/
>synthpop
>synthwave-ish
>dreamy
>background party music

ooh look another talentless-hack-camp thread

>I stopped using amplifiers too.
I should add though, if I get to live alone or with someone more tolerant, I'd make a home studio and I'd go as analog as possible. As for now, my only option is to record music silent. As you can hear, I mixed the whole album with headphones, the unstable low frequencies prove that I probably shouldn't have.
I'm a big amplifier/tone nerd though, so it's a huge compromise.
It's Nice Out sounded so much more better, this new album is really sterile, and almost boring ONLY because of the synthetic, boring drums, which is a shame because your guitar tone improved. As for all these Bandcamp indie procets, my biggest complaint is that it all sounds weak and held-back, you should get creative with the drums, make it noisy, compressed, hardhitting, punch those china cymbals

contribute then faggit

Thanks for the feedback, sorry you didn't like this one as much but all the sounds on this album were intentional. I plan on changing up the sound a little for each album, for this I tried to make them almost drum machine straight forward, even though they're real recorded drums. I wanted to almost take the focus off them and more on the melodies and everything else and have the drums just as the backbone driving the song forward. Might not be everyones taste, hopefully you like the next one.

You see, the problem is that the drum is too minimal, weak and shallow to be able to carry the song forward. Bass and drums are the foundation, they have to be the loudest, but still not entirely in the focus. Here's an example of good drum sound: youtube.com/watch?v=VDBpZdQNp9E

starsonabedroomwall.bandcamp.com/album/my-time
>lo-fi
>indie

ivonnevancleef.bandcamp.com/album/ivonne-van-cleef-4

> rural psychedelia, lo fi, portastudio, drone, ambient, bedroom recordings, loops, noise

qotd: only real stuff

recc

Best in the thread so far to be honest.

>Bass and drums are the foundation

that might be true for bands like Can who are very rhythmically focused but I don't think its a rule for all types of music. Might just be your personal preference for music with in your face drums and bass

nounouhau.bandcamp.com/album/dont-worry-im-leaving-soon

>alternative hip-hop
>experimental hip-hop

not mine but I love i t so much

scrugley.bandcamp.com/album/transient-life

>blackgaze / depressive black metal?
>raw / lo-fi
>atmospheric 90IQ music
>each release its different, one man band

reccing
dad
checking this one now

>Best in the thread so far to be honest.
What's happening here?

ayy lmao

LOVE this!

ascrew.bandcamp.com/album/far-away-ep

>Gothic Rock
>Dream Pop
>Trip Hop and Industrial Influences

I like to use both setups, VSTs and guitars. But I prefer programmed drums to live drums.

wackysoutherncurrent.bandcamp.com/

> art-rock, baroque-pop, soundtrack, ambient-rock, instrumental, Italy

Name your price
enter zero or more!

I’m in the process of transcribing my old and new tracks!
wsc-music.tumblr.com/scores

I prefer playing and recording without doubt.
Sometimes I've been forced to use VSTs though

brettryan.bandcamp.com/album/in-the-airplane-over-the-sea

i covered in the aeroplane over the sea for my girlfriends birthday lol

also, definitely like both. im going to school for audio engineering and get to do a lot of fun hands on stuff in some extremely beautiful studios with any mic you could think of. but im also a big nerd for vsts. Omnisphere is probably my favorite. this recording was recording live in my car then I added some instrumentation with omnisphere.

bump