Hey b, my brother in law shot himself a few hours ago...

Hey b, my brother in law shot himself a few hours ago. It was pretty intense seeing his corpse and my the screams of my mother and sister. The thing is I feel bad about this situation but I don't know how to process this. I certainly feel bad for my nieces. I hate the idea that I would be taking the father figure position in their lives but I can't just let them grow up like that. The point of this post was because I don;t know what to do. Anyone else gone through something like this?

Who the fuck commits suicide by drowning themself

Oh shit I didn't read the op post this is some serious shit. Sorry user.

Lots of people, actually. Did you know that if you were to jump off a large building into a bed of water (Golden Gate Bridge for instance) and land on the water, you would actually survive the initial impact? Alive as you may be, all your bones would be entirely shattered and you would be left helpless in the water, flailing to stay afloat with entirely broken limbs.

So yes, plenty of people drown themselves, but maybe not intentionally. I say, eugenics only takes 1 round, and then there won't be any need for suicide.

Was around for a murder-suicide a few years back, im sorry youre having to deal with this shit man

Oh damn. I'm actually sorry for you op. Today, you're not a faggot
But all jokes aside, I know how intense it can be. How old are your nieces?

2 and 3, they didn't see the body and I think we're gonna take them to a relatives house for a few days in the morning.

>you would actually survive the initial impact?

I don't think that's true at all. The impact that breaks bones would also knock someone unconscious.

The most noble thing you can do is step up to the plate and take that place for your sister and the kids sake. Don't feel bad. All you can do is be there for them and listen. We lost my Bro-in-law in a stupid car crash that should never has happened. Just going far too fast.
It will get easier dude. You will all be in free fall for a week or two but you will adapt. Sorry for your loss

Good thing they weren't older.

From experience, if you can, i urge you to avoid booze and stuff right now...just got away from 3 years of nightly binge drinking because of some stupid shit i was dealing with

First off, let me let you know you can never understand why people take their own lives and trying to use time right now thinking about it is a moot point. People suffer in silence and being gone there is no way to change that suffering or that choice.
Now on a less clinical note, If there are children present in the situation, just do your best to be a good uncle, if they are old enough, let them know they can talk to you about it, if they aren't when they become older just be understanding and the best person you can be about it.
I am very sorry that this situation fell into your lap and really man you can never be a father to them as sad as that sounds, you can only be their uncle. There is really nothing more you can do then be strong for your family and put on a brave face.
People make choices everyday, and sometimes those choices are not what we would want them to make but all you can do is rise above it. You did try to seek out some help and thats the first good place to start. Much love friend. I really hope time heals these rifts for you and your family, I am again sorry.

I'm honestly about to kill myself right now, no lie. I already tried two weeks ago and was stopped by the police and arrested because my ex called the cops on me and my car is easily noticeable due to being destroyed in the back by an illegal mexican, causing my insurance to refuse coverage on a 20k car I just paid off. Anyway, my dad was murdered in 2012 and my mom has lost her mind, has three types of cancer, and is a huge heroin addict. The rest of my family kind of abandoned me due to them feeling I didn't do a good enough job with my dad's death and distributing possessions (IE - money) properly to those who wanted it. Rather, I used it for things like my mom's cancer treatment. I spent my entire childhood living in a heroin house, suffering from ADHD, depression, or something else undiagnosed; barely ever eating, and dropping out of school due to no one really ever caring or giving me a strong sense of discipline or worth. My mom kicked me out at 18 right after her and her drug addict boyfriend put me in 3600 debt with multiple utilities illegally (put everything in my name with my social without my permission). Now I have immense guilt as she has the aforementioned cancer and loss of her mind.

Took care of her and my grandpa (her dad) for a couple years but then she brought meth into the house as well.

My girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me and has made me feel like it's easier for me to just be dead rather than talk to me. We broke up because she felt as though I didn't care about her much, but she was literally the most important thing in my entire life. The only person that made me feel like it was ok to be me. As if all of what's happened to me wasn't my fault, and that I deserve to be happy. I suffered from severe depression and missed a lot of things like their family's Christmas and holiday things. So my depression made it impossible to do any of this, and this mad her family hate me, which caused a rift, and pushed her away because she didn't want to be in the middle of it and was brainwashed into believing that I outright did it for any other reason than depression. I'm literally broken and unfit for this planet and just lost the only person that ever made me feel alive and for the last two months I can't even get her to see me. Probably fucking someone else. It's whatever. But I feel dead inside.

And this ignores entirely my severe issues with my eyes, causing tons of pain on a day by day basis and early blindness. My right eye didn't develop properly as I was born premature and thus my eyes don't work together, causing severe headaches. I've been to about thirty different optometrists, opthamologists, and even a neurologist and nothing can be done.

So I am sorry for your loss, OP. But I'm about to do it too. It sucks that it will have negative consequences, but as I am sure he tried to do, I have reached out over and over again for help and no one cared enough to help until it was too late to do anything and then they spout "oh I wish I would have known I would have done anything to help / change this" but in the end, when they do know - they still don't help and just think you want attention whoring bullshit.

Can we all just help OP without going off topic like spiderman and golden gate bridge?

Sorry for your loss OP

>Can we all just help OP without going off topic like spiderman and golden gate bridge?

There are better fucking places than Sup Forums for that kind of support. OP deserves what he gets by coming here.

In trauma like this, males go into action mode. ‘What Do I do, what needs doing, I’ll do it right now!’ And shit like that. My sister in law did the same, and that’s what I did.

There’s actually not much that can be done user, so slow down, take a minute, and think about what others need you to say. Thinking about father figuring for your nieces is WAY down the track.

Agreed. Sorry for your loss OP.

OK jackals, hope your mom dies next

You can find plenty of sources if you do your own research, and I'm too lazy to find something that isn't a tabloid of 4:52 in the morning. Yes, some people do remain conscious and alert post-impact; no not all of them do, and there is no universal truth to the subject, but what I said is no less valid. Just google it, frankly.

Can I fuck your nieces?

sometimes there isn't. althought im sure op appreciates you sticking up for them but im sure they know they will receive some Sup Forums for the post but they will also get some help or just some comfort from a few of their peers. no matter the trolls. That is the love of Sup Forums anyway as far as I am concerned. Even if I don't condone it.

I second this. Are they legal? Strike that, I motion for my original statement.

I haven't said anything rude or hurtful. I'm just pointing out the truth that someone who gets their advice and support from Sup Forums certainly gets what they paid for.

> causing my insurance to refuse coverage on a 20k car I just paid off.
> Rather, I used it for things like my mom's cancer treatment.
which is it, you greedy faggot

You're a fucking cunt. OP has come to someplace familiar, with the bonus of anonymity to try and find some guidance on a situation that, by the grace of God not many will have to face. Fuck you user

OP here.Thank you guys, I did this last year when my father passed and this is pretty similar. some of you guys brought me to tears, while others made me laugh. Gonna delete this thread and head off to bed in a few minutes. Thanks for everything.