So I have a problem with a friend suffering depression

So I have a problem with a friend suffering depression

I know he has already suffered from depression in the past, before we met, but he managed to get out of that
He has helped me a lot in the years, he's really an important person for me, and I really can't stand seeing him like this
Without him I might be depressed myself, he was the one that always helped me with this stuff, but now he's the one that needs help and I have no clue on what to do.

Tl;dr: Important friend is depressed and I don't know what to do

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sAtqvb20IQ0&t=1m35s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

You either suffer with him or get your own life you pathetic faggot.

diet, exercise, hobby, find people with similar hobby
I used to be manically depressive but i got a hold of myself although I still have episodes about once a month. things get better OP

Help him do it.

I actually had no clue of it until it snapped earlier today, he really made me worry
Now he just wanted to sleep

No disrespect but you’ve come to the wrong place to ask that question, sorry

Have him see a professional experienced in dealing with depression. You may need to push him into doing it at little because as with most people who are fucked up in one form or another, they aren't completely aware that they have the ability to fix their own fucked-up-ness. They just need guidance.

Have you tried dressing up in an assless fursuit and putting stuff in his butt?
that always snaps me out of my depressive episodes.

Do you guys think that talking about it with his parents or gf might be a good idea?

pls guys
Think about having a friend that cares about you and just wants you to be happy
Wouldn't you want one?

youtube.com/watch?v=sAtqvb20IQ0&t=1m35s

Sounds like you guys

so you're just gonna ignore my fursuit suggestion?
some friend you are

>diet, exercise, hobby, find people with similar hobby

dis

I also may be that friend OP is talking about because this is my exact situation right now. Probably not, but synchronicity is neato.

Is what worked for me the first time. I just need a few days/hours to get over what caused it and pull my shit together again. Maybe your friend needs the same. Just text the fag and ask to hang out or do hobbies or something. Distractions are nice for the time being.

Show him photo and he will be happy he doesnt look like that

It probably wouldn't help as they are both part of his environment and likely contributors to his depression as well, it might even make things worse. Good intentions don't equal good advice, as they say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions". He needs an external support where he can talk about them freely too.

>part of his environment and likely contributors to his depression as well
This is based on a series of assumptions. Not the person who posted this, but that may invalidate the advice if that's not the case. Just my two cents. My parents help/ed me out of my depression

What do I do if he doesn't want?
Lately he doesn't want do anything, not even the things that he liked to do like working out, playing games or drawing
Should I just force him?

Thanks, that seems true

Nah, dude. He'll pull away if you try to force him into anything. That's what I would do, anyways. Just keep giving him opportunities. Time heals all wounds. Except mortal wounds, I guess.

If he's a good dude, you might be able to coax him out of his hole by telling him you need his help to not be bored while you lift or draw or whatever. It's nice to feel wanted when you're depressed. I dunno, man, I feel like I'm suggesting all this advice based on my own views. Seems kinda dubious how useful the advice might be in your situation. I think I'll stop, here. GLHF

So being there as a friend like he has been for me
Seems quite obvious hehe

I think I'll keep being super present for him and help him for anything that he needs to

Really sucks to see someone you care about like this

It's true user, that's an assumption of mine. I did say likely because it is likely. The people closest to you are usually wrapped up in your depression in one form or another. I'm not saying it's their fault or they can't be helpful - they can be helpful. But relying on part of the environment that may contribute to his depression isn't usually the best idea. There's no guarantee at all that his family or gf will have good advice, even if they think it's in his best interest. He should see a professional who has no conflict of interest.

Iktf, bro.
Iktf.
Sounds like you have a plan; bon chance.
Seeing how caring you are for your friend has inspired me to eat for the first time in over 24 hours, m80. Thanks. Have a good one.

>The people closest to you are usually wrapped up in your depression in one form or another.
I could agree with that. I just wanted the opposite sentiment out there for OP to consider. Peace, Sup Forumsrother.

Don't worry mate, anything helps, that sounds quite nice actually, I might try that

Heh, that's flattering to hear
Hope everything turns out fine for you to in the end

Thanks guys, I think I've found some nice advices from all of you, hope they'll work out for him

He used to tell me that good times will eventually come, I'm sure it will be the case, for you guys too

Be a friend. Keep offering friendship even when he says no but don't let him "no" you 5 out of 5 times. Push a little every now and then, only with the small insignificant things. Do some legwork and research yourself, get a little educated and when he asks for help then you'll have something for him. Ask around and get the number of a respectable local therapist. Hell, call the therapist yourself and ask for some quick free advice on what's the best way to approach it. It doesn't matter if you're a 15 year old kid who doesn't know anything, a respectable therapist will give you 5 free minutes, especially if you seem like you genuinely want to help your friend - just don't mention the word "suicide". Just my 2 cents.