When SUB POP re-releases their back catalog next year

before they release their new album, this will be reevaluated and heralded as a 10/10. spin already gave it a 10 in their original review, the other couple of sites that reviewed it gave it a 8/10.

youtube.com/watch?v=3Xahvg7-iJ4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PUpWu1spxpw
youtube.com/watch?v=fYXM4kBB7tI&list=PLfnyphuzH8Tr2SRImNYWZOS1U8ZE2uV-i
youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM
youtube.com/watch?v=J3lz70m9IQQ&list=PLaWJ3hkoqp0XrCXsHX6-EttnleJagqpSy
youtube.com/watch?v=7Poka07yKnU
youtube.com/watch?v=7PzYxh4dbr8
youtube.com/watch?v=x1eRQNGRXlQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ALOHA

suit up, buttercup.

bump for future Sup Forumscore

Hot Snakes is over rated, and this is coming from a dude that lives in san diego

hot snakes is Drive Like Jehu for contrarians

They are better than drive like Jehu. Obits is still the best out of all of them.

the first 2 albums, especially the second one, is overrated. audit in progress is sonic kino.

I'D CUT OFF MY DICK FOR KREATIVE KONTROL

the first obits 7"s and the first album were solid, though the production was terrible. the second album was meh, the 3rd was awful. rick's lyrics got worse and worse with each album. the night marchers were better overall than obits.

BOLT THE TOILET TO THE FLOOR!!!! MAKING A RUN FOR THE SHITHOUSE DOOR!!!

Why compare the two? Hot Snakes is good times music, not everyone likes their post-hardcore to sound angry all the time.

>suicide invoice
>happy times

It's upbeat and has a tune you can sing along to

john reis rankings

1. rftc - hot charity/cut n play (skip the intro track)

youtube.com/watch?v=PUpWu1spxpw

2. rftc - all systems go 2

youtube.com/watch?v=fYXM4kBB7tI&list=PLfnyphuzH8Tr2SRImNYWZOS1U8ZE2uV-i

3. hot snakes - audit

4. drive like jehu - yank crime

youtube.com/watch?v=7kYaEN06UYM

5. The Sultans - Shipwrecked

youtube.com/watch?v=J3lz70m9IQQ&list=PLaWJ3hkoqp0XrCXsHX6-EttnleJagqpSy

6. rftc - scream dracula scream

youtube.com/watch?v=7Poka07yKnU

7. rftc - group sounds

youtube.com/watch?v=7PzYxh4dbr8

8. rftc - circa now!

youtube.com/watch?v=x1eRQNGRXlQ

Hot snakes is almost nothing like drive like jehu

why are you replying to op? he never said that.

yeah hot snakes is better. more concise bursts of minor key, tension filled, art punk. dlj is near emotionless noiseprog. very similar to krautrock, very dry.

>very dry.

liek me kok.

archers of loaf, polvo, brainiac, les favy fav, are all better than Hot Snakes

i like everything he does except rftc

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE LIKE WAY OH WAY OH
STUCK IN THE MIDDLE LIKE WAY OH WAY OH

listen to the hot charity/cut n play, you will like it i promise. hot charity was an lp that they only sold at their live shows, cut n play was also a vinyl only ep, that you had to destroy the album packaging in order to play. they released as a CD comp many years after those records went out of print.

all systems go 2 has some hugely poppy songs but it also has pure noise punk. everything on that album was unreleased/b-sides/or only available on vinyl.

just imagine the horns are synths, it makes it much less 90s.

>and this is coming from a dude that lives in san diego
curious- what bands do you guys have that are better? i've been told san diego doesn't have a scene

bump

I dunno I like the horns. John's state of mind was for the horns to be like early rock n roll or soul type horns or Springsteen type horns. It's a real bitch that the ska revival happened during the same time frame and within the So-Cal area, because it made RFTC look like a fucking Ska band when they were the opposite of that shit. Pisses me off to this day.

bump

up

where's my brit boyz at?