So I've just been in Poland. Learned that they can buy alcohol almost anytime but cannot drink on public places...

So I've just been in Poland. Learned that they can buy alcohol almost anytime but cannot drink on public places. Here in Slovenia is just the opposite. You cannot buy alcohol in stores after 9 pm but you can drink almost anywhere. What is it like in your country and what do you prefer. Being able to buy anytime or drink anywhere.

The absolute STATE of Dixieland

At this day and age what is the point of dry countries?

Their counties keep putting it on the ballot, and it keeps getting voted down

Up until 1966 alcohol was still illegal statewide in Mississippi

I think here you can't sell acohol after 2am

you can do whatever the fuck you want here

the laws differ by state
things i hate about my state is no alcohol sales on sundays and they card everyone in some grocery stores no matter how old which is retarded. and i believe you can't buy cold beer at gas stations and convenience stores. but i never buy beer there so i don't care. as for public drinking, you can't openly drink in many parks and on the beaches but you just need to be sneaky about it and you'll be fine. also, i believe it is retarded if it is allowed to publicly drink everywhere, like walking down the street and sipping beer? that's just weird. are you that "thirsty"?

everyone does that here
its called freedom

Well why wouldn't you? It's a hot day and you go to a park sit on a bench and enjoy a nice cold beer in the shade. What's retarded about that. It's not like everyone gets wasted as soon as they wake up.

Here you can buy alcohol from 9am to 9pm. Anything harder than 4,7% you have to buy from alcohol monopoly stores.
Unless you are visibly drunk you can drink in the public as long as you aren't gulping down a bottle of vodka or something.

You're only forbidden from drinking on the streets, squares and in parks by countrywide laws. Local self-governance can add places to that list but they can't use a catchall like "public spaces" or whatever - that doesn't exist legally at all.

Protip - you can always drink at riversides since those can't be banned by the city/the gmina by law - the area is not under their governance. Of course if you accept the policeman's fine, you're obligated to pay it even if there are no grounds for that.

My favourite is drinking in the forest though - the smell there right about now really makes it comfy as fuck and forests around the city are beautiful and huge.

Damn should have looked way more into it. Well good to know.

I miss Germany because you can drink your beer at anytime anywhere outside. Here in the US, I'm afraid to even just walk from the liquor store to my car with my drinks not in a bag

it is all about the details. what you describe is probably ok and we do that too. except it is usually a social event, for example a cookout at a park, or we can drink in the parking lot after a game etc. you guys seem to be drinking beer the way we drink coke, i.e. carrying it with you, drinking while walking etc.

>So I've just been in Poland
I wish I could say the same

Can't buy after 11pm and bars have to close at 3am. You can't even be out in public with beer unless it's hidden in a bag. Wine, rum, vodka and all that sort of stuff is allowed though for some reason.

Same here. Whiskey is essential in my bugout bag.

>carrying it with you, drinking while walking

Nah, it's actually not socially acceptable to do so. And yet it is acceptable for kids to drink on the benches just behind Ljubljana's university library, facing what is practically high street. It's strange.

Most states have backwards laws prohibiting carrying alcohol in public

The worst part is a lot of pizza places or sandwich delis where I'd like to get dinner DO sell booze, but they forbid you from taking it outside of the store. So if you're driving there, you can't just grab your beer and your meal at the same place and then head home, you'd acutally have to pick up the beer and the meal at different locations.

Fucking puritan autism.

well, you can't just buy a drink at a bar and walk outside with it. that doesn't surprise you? if you want to buy "booze to go", you have to buy it at a retail store not at a pizza place. also, i am not aware of any pizza places that would offer beer.

What pizza place sells beer like this? The only pizza places I can think of that sell beer are if you pick up a pizza to go at an actual restaurant or at a convenient store that makes pizza and sells beer by the case in their freezer

what flyover nightmare be this

nebraska

TWENNFOSEVEN DRINKIN MUFUGGA

You can buy it any time, provided you can find a shop that's open. There are even some 24hr pubs/clubs. The only restrictions on where you can drink are some busy high streets, some public parks, but it's mostly fine anywhere

I don't drink alcohol. It's bad for your brain and liver. My grandfather was an alcoholic and died of liver disease. No thanks.

> fine anywhere
yes we know

The bible belt. My town just wrnt wet a few months ago and selling on sundays but not between midnight and 6am. The big city in the next county started selling on sundays now since everyone is coming here for Sunday booze.

Maryland

>he wants to die at the age of 90 shiting himself to death
pussy
life isnt worth living sober

>he wants to die at 65 from liver disease looking like an 80 year old

Delirium and liver disease aren't glamorous ways to go. My great grandmother lived to be 90 and was fit and independent.