Would the Commonwealth really dissolve in the event of Queen Elizabeth's death?

Would the Commonwealth really dissolve in the event of Queen Elizabeth's death?

youtube.com/watch?v=YUco7bj97sE

Why do I get the sense that Yanks would mourn her death more than her own people?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/people/prince-philip-90-of-the-duke-of-edinburghs-most-excruciating-gaffes-and-jokes-10395716.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice proxy bong. The only fascination we have with her is that Britain somehow still has a queen and shes really fucking old.

I have never heard anybody bring her up in a normal conversation.

You must not get out much.

no he's right

Hope she dies soon so I can see it unfold on Sup Forums

I'd be pretty sad

Paul McCartney or Ringo Starr dying would literally be more relevant to us than the queen dying.

>I have never heard anybody bring her up in a normal conversation.

You have to actually have 'normal conversations' with people in order for you to hear about her, user.

Why would it dissolve? The next monarch assumes power the moment she dies and continues the vital role played by the head of state.

I am entirely serious when I say it's never come up in an every day conversation.

Australia wants to become a Republic and might use this as an excuse to break away.

See > You have to actually have 'normal conversations' with people in order for you to hear about her, user.

Because Britain's 90% MENA foreigners lmao

>Would the Commonwealth really dissolve in the event of Queen Elizabeth's death?
no, a thousand times no
americans have no concept of the commonwealth at all, the majority of countries in the commonwealth do not have QEII as their head of state so it makes almost zero difference to them
the commonwealth realms (UK, Canada, NZ, Australia, PNG) might become a parliamentary republic (not a US style presidental republic) because nobody likes charles but they would all remain in the commonwealth, just not as realms

Why does everyone hate Charles? Hes based as fuck, guy has no filter and says whatever he wants. Its hilarious.

Pretty much, no point in going fully crazy. I doubt Charles would be king anyway.

You're thinking of Phillip

are you thinking of Philip?
charles cheated on diana, told camila he 'wanted to be her tampon', married camila, dresses like it's the 70's with his double breasted suits, is an environmental prick, loves the muslims and has zero charisma
nothing likeable about him, all he has to do is follow his mums footsteps and stay out of scandals and not interfere in politics and he can't even do that

FUG. Was it Philip that made the joke about keeping the Scottish sober long enough to pass their driving tests?

He's basically a fucking legend at this point
independent.co.uk/news/people/prince-philip-90-of-the-duke-of-edinburghs-most-excruciating-gaffes-and-jokes-10395716.html

Philip is your cheeky old racist Grandad. Charles is your creepy interfering uncle.

>Yanks
get bent

Yes, we're going to have a republic vote the moment she kicks the bucket, and the chances are good of it going through

not that good chances immediately, they would probably let charles rule for 5-6 years so people get really fucking tired of his shit and then do the referendum

Well americsns have the worst holidays and celebrations in human history

>thanks giving
>cinco de mayo (for some fucking reason)
>Hanukkah
>not easter

chances are good if we had a vote right now

I want to put my mouth on that lady's gunt

Fuuuuuuuuck ive been confusing the two for years. What can you tell me about my future king?

royal popularity has been at an all time high due to the wedding and babies, the funeral will probably push their popularity up again and it will take a little while for that to wear off

kek no it fucking isn't

it's slowed down the growth of republican sentiment, but its still growing none the less

the fact that you're saying an "all time high" makes it pretty clear you know absolutely nothing about the topic. There was a time when people considered them part of their state first, english second and Australian third, and you reckon people like the royals more now than before?

its not hard to look at polls, all time high doesn't mean from this point all the way back to the stone age, their (recent) low was the 90's, popularity is much higher than that point by a big amount
for the ref to pass it needs to have a majority in every state which it has very low chances of right now, so low that calling a referendum on it right now would cause public outage from the wasteful spending on a doomed proposal

>1950s is the stone age
righto mate

once the old farts (who are the only group to support the monarchy) die off, the vote is as good as passed

>calling a referendum on it right now would cause public outage from the wasteful spending on a doomed proposal
people say this every time we have a referendum, but you're probably too young to remember the last one

Republicanism is a real thing in Australia? Most people here either like the monarchy or are completely indifferent.

our Prime Minister is a huge republican

Why would Aussie elect a seditious traitor to be their PM? I guess the yanks really did fuck a lot of Australian sluts during the war.

the opposition leader is also a republican

we just don't roleplay as being part of the british empire like fucking autists