I suffer from chronic sleep paralysis. AMA

I suffer from chronic sleep paralysis. AMA.

i hear that a lot of people see figures in the corner of their room or over their bed. Do you see shit like that and what do you see?

It's most likely caused by excessive stress. Thinking too much before going to sleep causes you to have that.

Shits annoying as fuck I get that if I sleep in the car it's fucking hell always have to move my fingers to wake up slowly

watch The Nightmare on Netflix

dont sleep on ur back

Thats from not enough sleep

You are supposed to be paralyzed when sleeping, dumbass. Otherwise you end up sleep walking.

Get some remeron from your doc. Mines kicking in now. I'll be a rock before long.

Same, happens to me randomly though

i hallucinate spinning fractals and honeycombs in my peripheral vision

the solution is just don't sleep until you feel totally exhausted.

Want sum fuk?

mine is caused from years of sleep apnea and antidepressant use which fucks up my REM sleep

it feels like you're a rock slowly sinking into the abyss

I have. It's accurate although my hallucinations aren't so sinister.

I sleep on my side

BLACKED

This is not uncommon for me either. Very rarely do I get the feeling of danger though.

I've had something very similar to OP's image. A shadow figure was staring over at me from the other side of the room. By my desk.

tried it. i take seroquel now for sleep.

there's another now also. can't think of the name right now but I watched it was pretty decent.

This makes it 1000x worse

sweet, im gonna check it out.

This or just smokeweedeveryday

I used to get it pretty often, and were pretty scary.

As I got older, learned what they were and how to handle them, they diminished in frequency and only happen sporadically, being mild episodes I sometimes even forget.

It's scary man. I'm sorry you're going through this.

The whole problem with sleep paralysis is that you are awake when you're paralyzed dumbass. It's pretty shitty.

cool. good luck user. also this kind of a thread is probably one of the worst things you could do. the more you think about it, the more it happens,yes? seems bass ackwards my dude

I get that too, usually every few years since my childhood is get it frequently for a few weeks and then it'd go away, but recently it's been sticking around for about 3 months now, some weeks almost every night several times a night. I'm much better off now though because I have someone sleeping next to me and I've told her to shake me if I start breathing heavy (only thing I can do to say I'm in sleep paralysis). I think the sudden increase in frequency might have come from my first experimenting with psychedelics this year and I definitely get those kinds of visuals when in sleep paralysis

I had two occurrences of sleep paralysis. Both times I heard a faint ringing noise and felt a malevolent presence nearby. Its hard to describe, but it felt as if I was under surveillance

I've had an encounter with a "Shadow Person" once as a teenager and was wide awake when it happened. In fact, I was playing with my friends (playing hide and seek). Them things really do exists and they are creepy.

this used to happen to me. only time it happened is when i would sleep in a car. and it always happened when i slept in a car.

until one time i fell asleep in a car on my side. i don't know why, but after that i always sleep on my side in the car and it doesn't happen anymore.

btw: 8 hour road trip planned on saturday.

it's fucked up.