Can we get a depression thread?

Can we get a depression thread?

>Be me, 23 male.
>Been through a slew of shitty choices for the past 2 years
>Move in with roomates that I once called friends who I later found out to be the lowest form of pieces of shit I got to know from the 5 years I knew them.
>Moved out because we got into legal trouble and plus couldnt afford rent
>Got back on my own feet with a better job and actually got myself an apartment for my own.
>Few months pass, figured out that it wasnt what I wanted the whole time and loneliness set in.
>Job was sucking the life out of me
>Had enough and tried to kill myself. Despite my efforts, my humanity kicked back in and got myself treatment.
>A month later, I quit my job for a new one and moved back into my parents.

Everyday is the same but it is perhaps better than what I have now to begin with. I dont even know what my goals are now. I dont want to put my trust into people because I have done that so many times. Im a socially awkward wreck of a human being. Im not even capable of living on my own because I am a potential danger to myself.

I just want to watch the world die and myself with it.

are you white?

What do you think?

Probably? If you're white then I give a damn about your problem. If you are white what state you livin in OP?

Yeah sure. And I live in Wisconsin (and a absolute shitshow of a state)

>Wisconsin
Nah pretty decent state, pretty unless you live in say Milwaukee by a bunch of niggers. I'm over in Minnesota. Why not set a goal towards starting a family? Can always use more white families.

Fuck off with that shill shit.

It's true, niggers are the worst to live by

I would only start a family if I am financially and emotionally stable enough. I dont think I would end up being a good fatherly figure, and plus I dont want to raise a kid in a fucked up world we live in now.

Hey OP

>be me, 23 as well
>was engaged and promptly cheated on 1.5 years ago
>started seeing someone i really liked, but lived in a different part of the country for 4 months
>she broke up with me today
>lost my job last week because i didn't get the vacation time i needed to go and see her (so i quit)
>ended up canceling my trip anyway
>school isn't going well either, might drop out soon

i feel you user

>be me, 23 male
>diagnosed depressed 4 years ago
>no one believes me
>go to uni
>move in with the worst people I've ever seen in my entire life
>wake up, jack off and play games all day
>neglecting deadlines because I start to feel sick even thinking about. Probably gonna fail or scrape by at 40%
>goodtimes.jpg

>financially
Then get financially stable, you got a degree?
>emotionally stable enough
Kids will give you purpose, which seems like you need.
>I dont think I would end up being a good fatherly figure
Please, as long as you have good discipline and care you'll be fine. Just fake it til you make it.
>I dont want to raise a kid in a fucked up world we live in now
And it's not getting any better with you on the sidelines. Gotta be the positive change you want hence the family

I too have the depressions lol and hate my dad lol. Whats your favourite linkin park song?

meh... you guys aren't alone. At least there is that. I'm privileged, white male, "successful" - was depressed at 23 - still go through it at 41. Ups and downs along the way. Though I was near suicidal on Saturday, as of today, I'd rather be here than not. The good times may be few and far between, or it may seem that way anyway, but these things are cyclical. You'll enjoy a day soon - perhaps even surprisingly - and be glad you were here for it.

No. I tried going to college but they declined my application. All I wanted to go into was pharmaceutical drugs. I doubt I'll even have a chance now that I have a record.
Either way, Im not ready to make that kind of commitment until if I get a partner that can accept me for who I am and my flaws. All of it is easier said than done.

Not really. I'd have to change my situation to do so. People say "change is inevitable" and to some degree, sure. But when you almost literally never leave your room and put no effort into anything that isn't a whim, it's REALLY easy to not change.

taken up to womanizing and drinking to fill the cavernous hole left by my ex.
not much but it's something.

>just turned 22 (10 days ago)
>discharged from the Navy on Halloween for severe depression and hallucinations
>been unemployed civilian since
>engaged
>financially in shambles with fiance because Christmas
>have $6 to my name until God knows when
>realize I'd be making bank and going to school if I never went to medical
>had guaranteed E-4 if I passed A-School, then good pay for 4 years
>immediately civilian job potential the moment I got that sweet, sweet DD-214
>now lucky if I can find a job that can fund getting an education
>realize a bullet is infinitely cheaper than a wedding, insurance, school, and literally everything but a can of soda
>can feel the depression creeping back into my life after getting it under some control while awaiting discharge
>now arguing with the woman constantly because of it

Fix your low self esteem. Loser

Don't really have a story
>23
>nothing brings me joy, sure I might be content for a fleeting moment but then it's back to grey
It's tough, get a girl and get tired of her after a few weeks, get friends don't wanna hang around them after awhile, play vidya get bored of game after a few hours

Basically I just do crypto/stocks to pay for my lifestyle and watch movies all day and pretend I'm a good moviecritic when in reality I just pick out movies with my flavor of the week actor and watch his most acclaimed movies

Oh wow thanks user im suddenly not depressed anymore.

Oh and I think I'm becoming an alcoholic

U can cry and whine about it or become self aware and start fixin your problems. Sounds like youre the type to make excuses and blame everybody else. Fucking loser

You sound like a cool friend to have.

Hiw are u not funded by the military when it was med discharge?

I'm gonna pretend it's a compliment and not sarcasm

10/10

Never went to a VA, so it's on my ass, not theirs.

Just about the same situation as you OP. Not exactly depressed but things do get better. I don't watch Bojack Horseman but this quote is something I ran across and always has kept me going since I heard it. Hope it helps you, dude.

I did not mean to tag you

Nah, it was, like you don't seem needy or will be necessarily butthurt if I flake, unlike the last bunch of hyper-neurotic fucks i felt obligated to associate myself with.

you faggot, how'd you ruin the Navy cush life? I can't get in cuz I smoked weed as a teen and have two DUI's-- you got kicked out for being a crybaby retard. Fuck off the bullet is your best choice. Niggerfuck. Pic Random

Also
>financially in shambles, can't get job

You fuck in my entire adult life I've been able to hold down a job, most often two, and add to my savings.

>fiance

IDK where to start with this one, Chad...
Pic rando

flaking is degeneracy. if you say you’re going to attend something, attend. you ruin plans that way.

what flaws?

Cool story, bro. You're welcome for my service, by the way. Stay civilian.

>degeneracy
i hope that was used ironically otherwise my entire opinion of you is demolished, but maybe flake was the wrong term, let's just say i get swept up in shit and generally don't make plans, or will leave for extended periods of time without any prior notice, just because... you know, my fucking business and not yours.
i would expect nothing less of you.

I lack emotion. I cant even show it properly sometimes. Not to mention I also have fetishes most people will disagree with. I probably wont be turned on enough unless they were involved.

Im also a ugly piece of trash and most people probably mistake me for an alien instead of a person, and I've been told that directly before

We're not the same person, ruining plans is one thing, but I go weeks and months without seeing or talking to my closest friends so I don't really care what you do

>I lack emotion
Fake it then
>I also have fetishes most people will disagree with
Like?
>Im also a ugly piece of trash
So get /fit/

>ruining plans is one thing

Sure, I'm good on my word in that regard, and also good.

>Fake it
I hate fakers and liars. I hate certain people who are like that already. I dont want to become a part of that problem
>Like?
Not telling.
>/fit/
Working on it but it wont change how my face is.

>I hate fakers and liars. I hate certain people who are like that already. I dont want to become a part of that problem
You sound like a pussy.
>Not telling
Why? don't be a pussy its Sup Forums
>Working on it but it wont change how my face is.
Confidence will

>I'll bail and don't even have the common courtesy to give you an excuse
I can't tell if you're a chick with an overinflated ego or a really insecure dude who thinks you need to keep everyone at arm's length. Why exactly do you think they should take you thinking they're cool as a compliment, given how you're painting yourself as inconsistent at BEST?

Im not a fucking asshole either. I'd rather express my true self instead of putting on a mask and telling lies and being fake.

People I know regularly use this site. They would immediately know who I am if they find it because of what I already discussed.

>Im not a fucking asshole either.
Nope just a pussy.
>People I know regularly use this site. They would immediately know who I am if they find it because of what I already discussed.
Sounds like a pussy copeout and you're saying that like they would rat you out on this thread or something

>who thinks you need to keep everyone at arm's length

that's precisely the opposite of what i'm doing, because i hate when people oblige me to do anything. i have always been the one who never cared if people decide to exclude me from any activities while everyone else threw a fucking tantrum about it. i leave for extended periods, everyone gets fucking butthurt, they leave or whatever, i'm like good on them hopefully you experience something cool.
it's annoying and why i don't have friends anymore.

>do you think they should take you thinking they're cool as a compliment

They should so far as they're some random person on Sup Forums that I just met so only know superficially, hence why I was critical of the use of the word degenerate, but I'm sure more genuine bonds can be formed over time.

>Be me, 30 male.
>Mother abandoned at a young age. I think I'm worthless.
>I project I'm worthless and go through physical and verbal abuse on a daily bases by my classmates ages 5-18.
>I enter my own little world and become delusional. I think I'm like a robot with no emotions and super intelligent with a quest to figure out psychology and life itself when in reality I have a learning disability and very sensitive.
>I'm so introverted and have so much social anxiety I can't look people in the eye.
>I decided I didn't want to die a virgin and found a website called goodlookingloser. They recommended I try illegal drugs.. so I did.
>Repeatedly went into dance clubs, the most competitive social anxiety inducing place I could go, high as a kite.
> End up trying hallucinogenic and paradoxically stop being as delusional and am faced with my cold hard reality.
> Trying to deny my realizations I Join Scientology. Although they did teach me how to learn, how to see peoples emotions, how to get outside my head, and recover from some past trauma, I absolutely could not believe in their beliefs.
> I meet a self proclaimed psychopath, I didn't believe he was a psychopath even though he had blood splatter paintings, books on famous murderers, delivered dead bodies for a living. I see him as the most intelligent person I've ever met. He mind fucked me a lot, but it helped me realize things about myself.
>I do more hallucinogens. I realize holly shit, he is who he says he is. I couldn't deal with the realization and would vomit if I thought about it.
>I move back into my grandparents basement. All I do is think all day. End up realizing I'm actually no better or worse than anyone else including my attackers and the psychopath.
>I've lost all judgments of people and any guilt about anything.

"Every life history is the history of suffering." -Arthur Schopenhauer

>I'm not keeping people away, I'm just not showing conventional signs that I care and being inconsistent, and now people don't like me
If this is the you that you present in real life, you're causing yourself to be friendless. Your behavior seems (superficially) like some attachment disorder, but I don't have anywhere near enough qualification or data to state something as fact or likelihood. I wish you luck in finding a place you feel you belong, and it's going to be incredibly difficult with those behaviors.

Not really that either, I just prefer being on the outskirts of people's lives while they remain in mine. Less messy that way. If you can't accept that, then I'm not going to force you to either, if that makes me an unlikable asshole, then so be it.

>You're causing yourself to be friendless.

I don't mind this. They do. This is why we don't get along, and don't have to either.

Or they are overly attached and regularly transgress on my boundaries instead, but as usual, I am in the wrong no matter what I say.

>I wish you luck in finding a place you feel you belong

That's really a measure of how fucked up I happen to be so isn't an main priority, but thanks I guess.

I just got my daedric armour in Skyrim and shit is cash. Tearing through DawnGaurd like a mother fucker. It is literally the only thing that qualifies going out and get some fresh air. That's how much I have played it. Going out for me is a hike around skyrim. Worth It.

Y'all make me happy knowing there will be losers so I can be a winner.

Everything gets better when you guys own up to your shitty life choices and start acting responsibly.

Fuck off, Chase, you're the biggest piece of shit in this whole thread. You're all nothing but talk, and you lie to gain other people's advantage. How many people have you made up into existence to make up for the lack of friends you have because other people think of you as twisted or just fucked in your own special way. Fuck off and kill yourself you shithead human scum

eey come on, huh?

>be me, white 24 y/o male
>130+ IQ
>cybersecurity engineering job that I love, got without a degree because I've been studying since I was like 15
>salary of 120k in cheap area in rural Maryland + stock options in a fortune 100 + insane health insurance
>brokerage account balance over 75k
>checking account balance over 17k
>drive a 2017 Maserati GranTurismo
>rent a $1900/mo penthouse
>fucked up my credit at 18 but back up to 773 so far
>basically wealthy genius who will retire young

the catch?
>be me
>be fat ginger

Solid responsibility intact. Good to see. Putting children into the world without actually knowing oneself is like betting 50/50 on if you create a monster or somewhat stable person.

Even if you were handsome and girls were interested in you you wouldn't be happy, but if you really want a girl, be a sugar daddy.

I am happy, no depression, just happen to be fat and ginger lol

oh ok