Alan's psychedelic breakfast or echoes you fucking normies

In the Court of the Crimson King

my nigga learning to fly was my shit in highschool

sounds stupid but vera from The Wall

careful with that axe eugene live off ummagumma

Either Time or Fearless. All of echoes is amazing though

Echoes for sure

Interstellar Overdrive

Comfortably Numb is the elephant in the room. If not that then mine is Mudmen.

Haven't heard that one. Is it a Sup Forums-side?

Shine On You Crazy Diamond. Both Parts.

Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together In a Cave and Grooving With a Pict

Seriously. Ummagumma was the first record I ever listened to on LSD. This shit had me in Middle Earth, dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=YrRhnaFaBsA

Have a cigar

Green is the Colour

But for non-obscure hipster answer I'd say Fat Old Sun or Childhood's End

I like their instrumental songs like Atom Heart Mother

Same here, along with Nobody Home.

Great Gig in the Sky always gives me tingles

nice!

Roger Waters' live version brought me to tears

freaking genius!

fearless

Time!!

Bike or Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict

Same, Wish You Were Here is a fantastic song.

lol

Empty Spaces

Careful with that axe eugene and dogs

Terminal Frost

Can't decide on a single song, it would be easier to chose an album (Animals). But a top5 off the top of my head in no particular order
>Shine on you Crazy Diamond
>Dogs
>Echoes
>One of these days
>Atom Heart Mother

See Emily play

This is also my favourite. It hits awfully close to home.

Either Lost For Words or On The Turning Away

the sad one

Echoes is an amazing song. Defiantly one of their best.

Pigs three different kinds

youtube.com/watch?v=cHcunREYzNY

Stairway to Heaven

>aerosmith song

gtfo faggot

Run like hell

The only Pink Floyd song that isn't fucking awful is Time.

> Mother will she try to break my balls
> hnnnnnggg!!!!

Good question OP-- Summer '68. I think I'm the only one.

youtu.be/zXUa_oWiE6Q

Aw, Syd.

listened to completion to most of their albums for an estimated total of 300 times. can't decide upon one favorite song though is currently either Waiting for the Worms or Green is the Color. please ignore other folders

New boy in town

My favourite band is Black Sabbath, but my gf very recently got me into Pink Floyd and I really like them. I've always been on the periphery of Pink Floyd but I guess I just needed that additional deliberate push.

I'm listening to Pigs Three Different Ones right now, but my two favourite songs are probably Arnold Layne and See Emily Play.
Also Astronomy Domine, Lucifer Sam, Jugband Blues, Welcome To The Machine, Have A Cigar, Us And Them, and One Of These Days are really good.

I have no idea how entry level I must sound though.

Green Is The Colour is fucking beautiful.

Mother do you think they'll drop the bomb? Mother do you think they'll like the song? Mother do you think they'll try to break my balls? Ooooh aah, Mother should I build a wall? Mother should I run for president? Mother should I trust the government?

Very good choices. One of these Days is on rn.

thanks you! Atom heart mother!

lel that is a good song though

This one.

youtube.com/watch?v=4XeWngFZaa8

I'll be a faggot and say comfortably numb, and money.

San tropez

Also this one.

youtube.com/watch?v=FPSb5QjgjAc

Time

Kind of a toss up. Scream Thy Last Scream / Vegetable Man, Sunshine, Live versions of Cymballine, Embryo and Fat Old Sun, the pastoral & mail theme from The Comittee Sndtrk, about half the Zabriske Point sessions & thats not even getti g us up to the Dark Side era, much less touching the studio albums yet.

shyyyyyyit

Echoes is definitely their best but Comfortably Numb is my personal favorite

Yessssssss

Run like hell

>Echoes
definitely sure it is

Comfortably Numb for sure , enjoyed many trips to the tune of that song

Ummagumma sounds awesome at 16 speed

The Live in Pompeii film.

greatest music video of all fucking time by any band ever, ask anyone. The first time a teenage boy sees that slow rolling tram shot coming out from behind the wall of amps stamped PINK FLOYD LONDON, with that rhythm section pumping into the wind like that, he knows in that instant that he hasnt yet lived.

badump chicka bamp chickbadump chicka bwa-awww bweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeebeedeeedeeededededoooooooooooobwabwaaaaaa bump chicka bamp...

Echoes is the only correct answer

youtube.com/watch?v=UchHcUFJkoQ

This. I know why they broke them apart but the slow transitions and just taking the time painting that sonic soundscape one piece at a time. I used to listen to is as I laid down to sleep, lights off, no other sounds, and just let it start from nothing and build up. They did some amazing stuff with sound but that one is so honest because you hear each part of the whole as it's added. No trickery.

youtube.com/watch?v=cEfS98F89Ho

Back in the 1970's my friends and I would borrow one of our parent's cars and go driving out some remote roads in the North Bay area of Northern California. We'd smoke bunch of pot, drink from a 2-quart glass (yes, glass, and not two liter) Bubble-Up bottle that was mixed with Jim Beam.

Roads like Ida Clayton, Rockpile, Old Cazadero, Tin Barn, Cavedale, Trinity Grade. We'd pull over for an hour and get high and you wouldn't see another car at 2:00 AM.

We'd take some 'shrooms and drive way the hell back into the hills and trip. We'd listen to early Pink Floyd, like Interstellar Overdrive.

Echoes and Meddle might have been Pink Floyd's high-water mark. DSOTM was great, and The Wall was a huge disappointment. We had been hearing rumors of nobody in Pink Floyd wanting to see each other, and they'd ship the tapes back and forth across Europe and the UK. I can remember my first listen to The Wall and thought how ordinary it was.

I like David Gilmour's first solo record.

Richard Wright's Wet Dream wasn't bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=VD_SlOqvhPs

Listen from 5:20 on at least and you'll understand

darude sandstorm

Wow. Whoever did that...

I envy you digging into them for the first time. Take it slow and enjoy it. There's a lot but when you've heard it all a zillion times you'll look back fondly at hearing a new to you song or the first time a song clicks.

Very much agreed.

Roundabout

one of the days
fearless
free four

They look so young and here they are creating shit early in their career that's just brilliant, with so much more still to come. I think of what a twat I was in my 20's.

>Pompeii
yea yea echoes, epic as fuck and all, but have you ever been so far as to even pretend to even want to go to do more like???
>just losing ur shit completely
This is like, the fucking heroes journey, coming to a glorious firey end:

youtube.com/watch?v=cEfS98F89Ho

probably the greatest thing they did.

Echoes is also my favorite.

If and summer ‘68 you morons.

As stereotypical as it is, I have to say Shine On You Crazy Diamond. It showcases the huge range of every band members skills. Amazing song.

You are a fucking stoner. I know this because I also am a stoner and that fucking song sends me into a stoned-ass trip through synesthesia. There's also some good shit on the album with the war ribbons all over it, forget the name.

Learning to fly

The Gunner's Dream