Cursed Image Thread, let's see what you got Sup Forumsros

Cursed Image Thread, let's see what you got Sup Forumsros

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/saxon_casi/side-to-side
tested.com/science/space/530828-spacesuit-fire-nasa-refuses-forget/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Apollo 1?

The equipment looks the right vintage, but I can't imagine NASA would ever let someone access those photos, much less disseminate them.

I'm calling fake on this one.

That is a test stand. That's not an Apollo 1 crew member.

hurr durr yes it is. Nope. Red collar on the A1C suit. Also that room/facility the picture is taken in is in Houston at JSC.

Crew suits would have a bright stainless metallic blue collar.

I fucking hate shit like this... I dont know why.

So was this from a recreation of the Apollo 1 disaster?

Seems to me like a failure to chooch properly.

Lol a fellow AvE watcher.

If this isn't a "real" photo of a simulation, or isn't from a movie with a decent sized budget, then what the fuck is it? No one would assemble all that vintage equipment (even a pressure chamber unrelated to anything human) just for lulz.

Weird.

No, pressure testing of the suits before use and something went wrong causing it to ignite ( that happens when high concentrations of oxygen are near points of ignition)

It chooches, they just didn't know you needed a bunch of duck tape for it to chooch the way they wanted it too.

Chooch was around long before AvE, bud.

Good theory - but:
1) No burn inside chamber
2) Chamber way too small for all that suit + equipment
3) Fire fighting foam on faceplate of suit

soundcloud.com/saxon_casi/side-to-side

>360x832)
Chernobyl

Thats not skookum.
AvE is love
AvE is life

That's a spacesuit, brah. Not a haz mat suit.

And whatever it is, the suit is strapped into the backplate, like it would be in a space capsule.

Maybe this is Russian? Did they have red neck rings on their suits?

Thats not the chamber they tested in...

I literally work at this facility as a contractor and perform the testing on suits that fly to ISS. It's not a theory.

Ok dude - I do hyperbarics at the OSF - you can't tell me you guys at Johnson still use needle gauges and dials for your testing. If so, y'all need to get more money like us Navy pukes. kek

Everyone in this thread could really make use of google's reverse image searching: tested.com/science/space/530828-spacesuit-fire-nasa-refuses-forget/

Here: tested.com/science/space/530828-spacesuit-fire-nasa-refuses-forget/

Its was a tst of the new EMU in the 1980s for the shuttle program, the suits life support was pressure tested with pure oxygen at high pressure when the ignition happend causing massive destruction. 2 techs were hurt 1 hospitalised and the igntion cause was never knowen

While the cause of the fire remains uncertain, its destructive effects were apparent. Fueled by pure high-pressure oxygen, the onset of the fire was immediate and intense. The aluminum block that comprised the regulator was vaporized in less than one second. Other aluminum components burned in the oxygen-rich environment. Fabric components of the suit ignited and remained aflame until responders utilized carbon dioxide fire extinguishers. Total hardware damage was estimated to be about two million dollars.

Thanks user. I was too lazy to do a reverse image search.

But I am correct - the gear in that photo is no newer than 1980, which means (the way the govt. works) it probably dates back to the 1960's.

Mystery solved. Back to my scanning of Traps and "u mad white boi" threads. kek.

>igntion cause was never "known"
That's why it's cursed

It's not known precisely what caused it but there were only 3 suspected sources and a fix that canceled all of them out has made it possible for this to not happen again.

If you don't like them then you can always make use of filters, though they all seem to have variations so it may take some time to get them all.