Modafinil / Provigil: anyone have any experience with these drugs?

Modafinil / Provigil: anyone have any experience with these drugs?

sandwich

OP here: I'm studying for huge scholarship exams and want something to keep me alert. These were recommended to me as similar to, but milder than, Ritalin, Adderall, etc.
These aren't addictive, unlike those mentioned above, and have actually proven in trials to help with Seasonal Affective Disorder (which I have)--but they aren't prescribed for this.
Have these drugs any downside?

what?

The nootropic community seems to like them

Modalert is fuckin awesome. Buy Modalert 200 as they are better value than the 100 cuz you can just break them in half

Not many downsides bro. I get gurning jaw a bit and lose appetite.
I have lost my hair earlier than my dad did and I do blame the modalert but I'm not too fussed about it.

Google nootropic hair loss

They are awesome. Sometimes I get mild headaches during or after use but these stopped completely taking the supplement called 'Alpha GPC' but supposedly most choline sources will work.

I've been taking modafinil 100mg or 200mg about 3 days a week for a little over two years and it's been amazing. My workplace cares about output and not attendance so I basically work 3 days a week, output 6 days worth of work, and end up with high praise for working so hard all the time.

Importing might be a problem because I'm in Ireland so I might have to settle for whatever I can get my hands on

He said sandwich. What are you blind and retarded?

fuck it, I'm 20 now, hopefully by the time I'm almost forty someone will have alleviated hair loss

I've heard they can lead to anxiety, especially when they first kick in -- any experience of that?

I did try 400mg one day and got pretty anxious but nothing uncontrollable. I would just titrate up to the right dose for you. For many days 100 is more than enough.

Massive migraines with those but when I take 100mg at 1 am and go back to sleep I get to dream which is nice. I am part of the minority that have increased recall with modafinil. Increased working memory. Adrafinil is legal and a precursor

That is the serotonin response. When I first started taking it the butterflies in my stomach were crazy. Cop pulled behind me I nearly shat

CFS fag here with a prescription.

The first time you take 1 you may feel a little rushy, but nothing major. After 1 or maybe 2 times tops though you just dont feel anything other than nicely awake, kinda like you just woke up after 8 hours sleep.

Occasionally, for me at least, they just dont seem to work at all and i find myself getting tired and dropping off in the daytime again, which sucks. That may just be a tolerance issue though.

If you take a lot (say 200mg or so without having a tolerance) you can feel a little jittery, and have a pretty nasty comedown later in the day/thenext day.

Its not really an abusable drug, if you are looking to get high go find some dexedrine or adderall, if you wanna just stay awake moda is preety good.

its not at all like ritalin, focalin or adderall. not a stimulant. It clears the clouds caused by sleepiness.
Side effects are cold like symptoms due to raised histamine levels, only happens when you take it too frequently. You're more prone to side effects with the dirty modalert vs provigil.
I have a Rx due to shiftwork sleep disorder.
Armodafinil is good too, heay duty. I have only tried wakalert tho.

I wouldn't say "abusable" but definitely not devoid of fun. I regularly take 200mg before a night out if I don't want to drink. It's no adderall but it certainly enhances my music experience and gives me the energy to keep going.

>enhances my music experience
thats you bro, not the moda

>I have a Rx due to shiftwork sleep disorder
Lol me too. I all but asked for Modafinil but my doctor gave me tramadol first, which is nuts, considering the abuse profile for each.

wth did you tell the doctor? I just went in for a checkup to "check my levels because I fall asleep at work" and mention my 80hr workweek specifically saying the word 'shiftwork' and walked out with my rx. I full well know what it was and i never had to say a thing.

Its a dopamine reuptake inhibitor

virgin detected

I said I often worked double shifts and had a lot of trouble waking up and staying awake after them. He initially prescribed me tramadol to "Help me get better sleep".

omg get a load of this nerd guys XD

It should really be classified as a selective dopamine reuptake inhibitor because like SSRIs it has affinity for only one type of dopamine regulator (CyP31a). This probably isn't even the right classification for it because it less preferentially binds to many serotonin regulators as well.

It is broader than the dopamine agonist action of say adderall, hence the boost to working memory.

Phenibut + amphetamine is a great combo.