How I did everything wrong and learned to love life. Just a bit of background, I'm 24, a college dropout...

How I did everything wrong and learned to love life. Just a bit of background, I'm 24, a college dropout, and diagnosed with depression. Here's the story of how someone unexpected saved my life.

>be me
>20 years old, attending Florida State
>studying computer sciences
>grades slipping, social life falling apart
>finally talked to my brother who graduated the year before
>he talked me into seeing a psychiatrist
>diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder and severe depression after about a month of tests
>given multiple bottles of pills, took them for 2 weeks
>no change, feeling worse
>semester ends, failed every class, I didn't have the energy to leave bed most days
>lose my scholarship because of bad GPA and because I stopped going to practice (it was a full ride, I was a super nerd in high school and on an athletic scholarship for diving)
>thought that there was no point to living
>had about 10k in the bank from years of saving money in high school and working part time at college
>decided I would kill myself, but it would be a shame to not spend that last bit of money to have a bit of fun first
>totally leave college, smash cell phone, get in my shitty car and just start driving
>after a while I stop somewhere in bumfuck Tennessee or something
>find a shitty little bar, obviously fake ID gets me inside
>buy everyone a round of drinks then get loaded myself
>get back in my car, too young to even book a room in a motel so I just fall asleep
>wake up the next morning, fill up at gas station and grab a couple Advil and a coffee for the hangover
>keep driving
>stop that night in Indiana

Maybe I did it on purpose, maybe it just sort of happened, but I stopped and spent another night in my car at the Wal-Mart parking lot in the town I grew up in.

...to be continued...

Does this get more interesting?

pls continue. i'm at this stage and just trying to sell my house so i can take the money and drive somewhere. maybe i save myself and find happiness? if not i can still off myself after blowing all that cash.

bump for interest

I would like to see where this goes

bump

...Continued...
>I remember all the great times I spent back here, all the friends
>I thought I never wanted to come back here when I left for college, now there's no place I could think of that I'd rather be
>decide that I may as well give life a try, I could always kill myself another time
>stop at the library and print off a couple copies of my resume
>holy shit I'll never get hired with this
>apply for IT jobs around town and a couple places close by
>actually get called in for an interview at one place
>little TruGreen office, mostly staffed by people in their mid 40s
>boss is a bit younger, 35 or so
>said they'd had the ad for an office IT manager out for about 3 months
>interview goes as well as it could with me being in jeans and a t-shirt (I didn't think to take any decent clothes with me)
>within an hour get a call from the boas directly
>"user I'd like to extend a tentative job offer. You'll be hourly for 3 months, and if you perform well we can hire you full time"
>fuck it, let's get a job
>usual IT shit, nothing hard, just aging people who have trouble keeping up with computers
>decide that I'll actually do something with my shitty life
>still feeling shitty all the time, but at least the regular 9-5 schedule got me into a routine
>still haven't talked to parents/girlfriend/friends or anyone
>3 months pass, get offered full time job, 45k with pretty decent benefits
>it's not much, but the shabby shitshack I was renting only cost 400/month
>benefits of living in a farm town, 45k is enough to get by comfortably
>still depressed, the only thing that's changed is that my life is put together
>another month passes without incident, until one day...

well I read the first part so now I'm dedicated to the next chapter
waiting on you OP

keep going

>and drive somewhere.

No matter where you go... there you are!

bump
also IP is a fag

i'm invested

wut?

bump

Bumpareno

>inb4 walking the dinosaur

...continued...
>get pulled over by cop
>parents reported me missing, and reported my car stolen
>after a ride to the station and a talk with the sheriff, I walked out
>they said they'd be required to notify my parents where the vehicle is and to ask if they'd press charges (I guess it was technically "their" car)
>got terrified of facing them, I hadn't seen or spoken to them in months
>realized that I had failed in life, I had a shot at the Olympics in diving, I was a perfect student, and here I was living in a tiny shitshack of a house making less than half of what I should be making
>vehicle being held at the impound lot
>call a cab and get back home
>look around at all the shitty furniture, the tiny TV, and decide that my life wasn't worth shit
>decided that night I'd end it all, no use putting off suicide any more
>walk to local "bar" which was just a restaurant near the middle of town that served drinks after 9pm
>had turned 21 in February, so I didn't need to use a fake to get in
>there was a rifle in my house, just next to my bed (I lived in a crappy area secluded in the middle of the woods, I wanted protection. It was some old .305 hunting rifle)
>decide to go out with a bang

y u not pre type this shit, amateur

Spur of the moment, maybe? From the way this story goes, he's a whim driven type of person.

...final...
>some of the people from the bar walk up and thank me, and one of them is my boss
>he explains that he has marital problems, and he's a partial owner so he comes here nearly every night
>spend 4 hours drinking and talking to a man I'd never said more than 10 words at a time to
>at this point we were pretty hammered, and he asked me what someone like me was doing up here
>spill the same story I'm telling now, leaving out all the things about suicide
>maybe I let it slip, maybe he just knew what I was thinking of doing, but my boss said to me something that I'll remember forever
>wasn't even very profound, probably wasn't even said in this exact phrasing, but he said to me "I'm gonna need about three fiddy for my next drink"
>I couldn't believe that I had never noticed that my boss was an 8 story tall dinosaur from the paleozoic era
>that fucking loch Ness monster got me again

..........damn OP.

Hecking bamboozled all of us again.

This is now a Natsuki thread

god dammit

bastard

>everybody walk the dinosaur

I fucking called this bullshit

No you didnt.

You called walking the dinosaur,while the story ended with the loch ness monster. Thats 2 different things mate.

Not dino, but I called the bamboozle

Fair enough,ill give ya credit for predicting this flim flam.

I would have thought hed kept it going longer though? Didnt it seem like a premature bamboozle?

Became an hero or no?

Nah, he kept people here for ~40 minutes typing it out.
A half hour of thread monitoring is pretty good, it wasn't pre-typed, either

fuck me, I was invested in this shit