So i opened my new pc and found this connected to my motherboard...

So i opened my new pc and found this connected to my motherboard.Can anyone tell me what this is and what its purpose is?

How did you buy a pc when you can't fucking read

Is a speaker, it makes a noise when you power up your pc so you know everything is ok, is used for diagnostics.

Its a little speaker, which will do one Beep Sound when u start you computer and everythings fine.
If somethings wrong with your computer it'll beep in a "code" like 3 short beeps, 2 long beeps. Then u can look up what that code means and figure whats probably wrong with the computer

Oh i see, thank you very much :)

ur bugged by the government. thats a special edition GPS microphone intended for edword snawdin, are u him?

THIS !

Since he can type, he can also read and what else can you say:

Guy finds the SYSTEM SPEAKER (that does the BEEPS) and goes crazy on Sup Forums, thinking he got eavesdropped ?

If you don't seat your ram right your mobo starts screaming at you like its being raped.

You've been watching mystery videos on YouTube haven't you

goes on an i/o header. makes your shit go beep.

kek, speaker is placed wrong in the pictue.
It goes in the upper row

its a mystery

It's a piezospeaker you dumbfuck. It makes beeps and shit.

no it isnt its in its labeled area

It's an oscillating Grimble valve

Look closer, its on kblock

He's right, it should be on the next row

Oh, I'm looking for this for ages! I'm sure I had left it somewhere.

Can you send me back please?

Thanks

Maybe I'm just way too old school with my hardware but I've never seen a system speaker that plugs in like that, only soldered to the mobo. Guess I've seen bigger ones on older systems that used the system speaker for things other than beep codes and whatnot but never a tiny one like that.

Sorry, I just assumed your gender and it was based on your level of technical expertise. Oh god I'm such an alpha at times

No shit Captain Dumb Ass, I bet you thought it was an actual speaker too..

They're pretty standard on cheaper mobos today.
More expensive ones have something like pic related. It can show digits and letters

*some letters

It

The ones you're referring to are more commonly used in cheap prebuilt computers

Yeah and the even more expensive ones have an aerosol spray for fragrances in game like grass and shit

Definitely never seen a display like that on a mobo.

I've been fiddling with computers and shit for a long time now but I'm a poorfag and my *newest* computer right now is about 10 years old so yeah.

you're so fucked

nsa rfid chip

this. not even kidding.

It says "speaker" but it's actually a microphone that will surreptitiously record every sound in the room and send the data directly to Vladimir Putin.

>If somethings wrong with your computer it'll beep in a "code"
Didn't know that, cheers.

You're obviously bugged, OP. Do you really think it's a speaker? Do you really believe they'd label a bug "listening device"?

>Chump can't google "case speaker" to see it's part of a case and not motherboard

NSA wired you pc, thats just one of the devices they use. Burn it retard.

How can anyone be this retarded. I get it, this is a board for autists, but it's also a TEXT board. Jesus man. Read the fucking thing.

sorry OP, i'm a doctor and that's cancer

Its only used on more expensive ones, like 120€ and up. Thats about 145 $

I've seen these on boards older than 10 years.

>Being this autistic and calls others autistic

Still only on expensive ones tho

>Being this autistic pointing out the autism of people calling others autistic

what this user said.. don't listen to the rest of these idiots it's not a bug. You can use the varying beeps to test success or failure with your boot if you're not hooked up to a monitor or anything I believe?

HOLY CRAP IT'S A CIA MONITORING DEVICE!!!!

GET RID OF IT.

This is a speaker. With the right software, it's also a microphone. They literally work the same way. It's just a magnet. Don't worry, with cell phones, they don't even need those bugs anymore. Our phones are listening to us 24/7. Siri and Alexa and Echo and all that 'smart' shit is recording you.

Bios speaker

How old is that board that it still has TBLED and TB SW on it?

>having zero patern recognition to get a joke and tries to start a cock dual with some fag over the internet about his autism when he can't accept the reality of his autism

What the fuck were these even for?

It's actually a microphone, see if there's something like a metal plate in the hole. If there is one, that is the GPS antenna.
Where did you buy this from?

It is meant to be a speaker. For you. But is it really? What have you been up to? Nothing nefarious? No drugs? Nothing online that you shouldn’t be doing? Got TOR? Who are your friends? What are they like? Yeah. It’s just a speaker. What are the odds that a pc that I randomly bought, at a random store, at a random time would be bugged? It’s all in your head. You’re fine. Or are you?

I'm generally limited to whatever I can get for free and piece together into a working computer. I've bought new laptops in the past but I've never once bought a new PC so my PCs are usually built on underpowered stock Dell parts or whatever.

Thinking that is a “speaker”.

Turbo buttons, for when your DX2 80MHz was too fast, so you had to slow it down to 40MHz.

Its a post beep speaker
Whenever your pc has a problem starting up and you do not know whats wrong with it the speaker will sound a few beeps and whatever the beeps corrispond to is your issue

I. E. Two beeps is a successful startup

it slows down ur clock speed because older pc games used to fuck up a lot depending on how fast your cpu was

Thanks. That was before my time with computers

it's use for high quality audio. you stick it in your ear when you start up your computer.

Get a lawyer asap.

That is the new microphone/speaker that the government is sticking in prebuilt computers to spy on you. You can throw it away but you will have to also delete the right registry files to make sure the one built into the motherboard no longer works.

nah, TB leds are for when your PC is infected with Tuberculosis.

what do if pcs gets infected with tuberculosis and mobos doesnt have TB LED?

Put in microwave of course.

but it doesnt fit in there. Where do I get a bigger microwave?

it is an actual speaker you stupid fuck

Its a speaker you fucking mushroom.

It goes beep.It also goes skrrrahh pap, pap, ka-ka-ka skidiki-pap-pap and a pu-pu-pudrrrr-boom skya du-du-ku-ku-dun-dun poom, poom

Its a fucking speaker

Just kidding about the microwave. Seriously. Get a 10-12 gallon bucket/container. Get two gallons of bleach, two gallons of ammonia, one gallon of laundry detergent, mix with hot water, soak mother board overnight. Clean, fresh, sparkling motherboard.

You think they would actually label the speaker with the word “speaker”? Idiot.

ok thanks for the help

Np. Oh, the toxic fumes means it working. That’s normal.

Speakers and mics same thing... One can be used as the other and vice versa.

I work in black ops, and that is definitely an eavesdropping device. I would be very worried if I were you.

Good call

>ITT everyone says mobo

Call of duty

uhhh thats cia tech right there man, they know everything, better burn your house down and start over.

yeah and if it blows up in your face and melts your skin just take the companies that made the chemicals to court for a lawsuit.