Now that the dust has settled, how do you feel about this album

Now that the dust has settled, how do you feel about this album

dont really care for it desu
i guess it's ok, only listened to the first few songs but lost interest

Meh

I like black metal and I think its good

It's MCR with different vocals

I owe this album a lot, it got me into a lot of genres I couldn't appreciate before because I hated harsh vocals. Alcest's worst album is still better though.

A classic, I put it up right there with Death Grips's S/T.

it's good

Starbucks metal is learning from indie rock: when you don't have songwriting on your side, take the self-consciously "shoegazey" route and crudely go through the motions of "having atmosphere" rather than arriving at something called atmosphere in a natural way. You can already hear bloggers tik-takking away with purple prose about "blissful anguish" and "waves of light." Meanwhile the pink minimalist cover art tells you that Deafheaven "gets" the sensibilities of a unique, sensitive guy like you who talks about "rockism" on tumblr in lowercase letters and considers taking a vacation to France on your parents' trustfund. Metal purists don't get it, but they must be "closed-minded." Don't forget your sweater and Virginia Slims.

Shouldn't be called black metal desu

It's black metal with reverb and a pink album cover that offended a bunch of pathetic man-children and appealed to a bunch of p4k reading numales

>pathetic man-children
>p4k reading numales
good thing you're so enlightened and above everyone else though

Yeah I am, sorry I don't get actively upset over "music" on a Tasmanian fingernail-clipping website

An attempt to make this unlistenable genre people friendly. The result is still too hardcore. Someone needs to introduce semblance of melody or another type of vocal here.

one of my favorites and in top 5 albums of this decade so far.
i don't mind purist contrarians so whatever. their debut album is really fucking good too

/bad taste general/

It's a good album that is stigmatised here by metalfags who are upset about their trve kvlt bullshit.
It's not amazing or anything but it's really good and was if its time.

meh, it's not a big deal at all. what bothers me are the """""professional critics""""" that turned it into a meme, probably because of the very marketable cover, and the fact that it got so huge because of that. I just want people to stop paying attention to fucking critics

I hate that this is such a controversial album but I honestly really like it for no other reason than it sounds good to me. I don’t care if it’s black metal or not I’m not listening to deafheaven for the same reasons I listen to xasthur

it's one additional proof that americans shouldn't go near black metal or similar

*blocks your path*

Umm, try again sweetie

unironically best bm album ever \m/

This is much better imo.

I still don't understand why it got such high praise from so many different people. It's ok, but that's about it.

shitty alcest cover band

garbage for people who dislike black metal, but want to say they don't.

>I like black metal
no you don't

>Sunn O)))
>black metal
>not posting Weakling, Inquisition, Volahn or other, far better USA black metal acts
what a fucking joke you are, mate.

Celestial Lineage and Two Hunters were better, but not that good black metal wise.

*bloque du paso*

Pretty good.

What the hell is the drill-like sound during Please Remember supposed to be?

none of alcest's albums have songwriting as good as sunbather, and sunbather isn't particularly strong in that department either. In truth both bands are more aesthetically interesting than structurally.

>weakling in the clone room
>usbm

oops, sweetie.

I like it

It's not black, but still good. Kvltists hate him, but they will hate everything deviant/popular just to stay kvvl.

I hate it, because it's fucking terrible, not just because it's devoid of any trvness.

I love the album. Had no idea what genre it was, or what to expect before listening. Saw the cover art on Sup Forums constantly and decided to give it a shot. Each of their albums are 9/10 or higher, really good band imo. Can't wait to hear what they have in store next.

An essential for nu males who are really into metal: vektor, the sword, converge, isis, mastadon the list goes on...

my nigga

people who dont think this is black metal are just plain ignorant , its a solid black metal record , its just a new direction where the genre can go and some people cant accept that for some reason dismissing it as hipster

black metal died in the mid 90's

You don't even know what you are talking about. Sunbather isn't some groundbreaking innovative record and it isn't the first blackgaze album the "new direction" you are talking about existed years before you just heard about it because you are a clueless hipster and pitchfork is your only source of music.
I bet you think Kamasi Washington created a new direction to jazz too.

I doesn't deserve the hate it gets but it ain't really all that great either imo, first track is great, but the rest of the tracks are just that same thing but worse, that tries really hard to be huge and epic but lacking the songwriting to make it feel justified like on Dream House, and the interludes are just postrock-cliches that other bands have done better. Could have been a solid EP though if you'd cut the tracklist down to:
1. Dream House
2. Irresistible
3. The Pecan Tree

Don't get why it was memed so much. Remove the harsh vocals and the songs could pass for typical Bandcamp post rock.

>The result is still too hardcore.

but Vertigo is the best song

I thought it was pretty decent at first, then I got tired of it around 1/3 of the way through.

It's not depressing enough for blackgaze. In fact, it's not depressing at all! Why the fuck would you listen to walls of loud distorted guitars if you not feeling awful? Like, what a fuck man, why would you do something like this? It's not like you depressed or shit and not able to concentrate on normal music.

i have no opinion

I never thought the two were that similar. Weakling are much more aggressive and tortured-sounding, while Wolves are more meditative.

Too many songs sound the same to be an album.

I still can't figure out which one I like better. Both of their strong points are their opening and closing tracks. Everything in the middle is good but doesn't have the same quality to it.

same

Explain?

i like it but it's def overrated

boring

hey good album:p
saw them live twice for new bermuda tour

Consider suicide you fucking leach.