/Beatles/ General

SSSSHOOT ME edition

how is Sup Forums‘s Beatles brigade holdin up? you know what time it is... discuss any beatles related topics, favorite members albums era songs whatever you’d like

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=612806fJb_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=PeuSdfFeEyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

/paul/

something about the beatles is best beatles podcast

Little known fact of Beatle:

Paul's dead theory is to confirm by Abby Road cover. It's because Paul is having the cigarette and the smoke is killing. Other Beatles do not have the cigarette and do not kill.

/george/

wow! interesting.

/john/

jej

youtube.com/watch?v=612806fJb_Q

I love watching their performances of Long Tall Sally. They really let loose and I feel like it's the closest they get to playing like how they would have during the Hamburg days. What I'd give to have seen them back in 61 or so.

But for real though, watch Ringo go ham at the end in that video.

if you want a sick ringo performance listen to this
youtube.com/watch?v=PeuSdfFeEyc

the fact that

your album contains favorable lyrical references to little girls is an indicator that you're likely to get a favorable review from self-proclaimed "amateur human being" and hebephile, Piero Scaruffi.

>She's young too. Ella Guru
Trout Mask Replica (Captain Beefheart)
9.5/10

>Just to show that little girl, there's something more that you desire
Lorca (Tim Buckley)
9/10

>Show me the way to the next little girl (Oh, don't ask why...)
The Doors (The Doors)
9/10

>Little girls in their party dresses
Loveless (My Bloody Valentine)
9/10
>My little girl was born on a ray of sound […] I'd exchange my soul for her, There's no antidote for her
Y (The Pop Group)
9/10

>Stay with me,my five year old
Atomizer (Big Black)
8.5/10

>Little girl, I wanna marry you
The River (Bruce Springsteen)
8.5/10

>We see in the back of the City Hall mind, a dream of a girl, about thirteen…
Absolutely Free (Frank Zappa)
8/10

>...but defining their sound was Little Girls, an exuberant ska wrapped in an electronic patina with modernist vocals à la XTC and a touch of insanity
- Piero Scaruffi on the topic of Oingo Boingo

~~~POWER GAP~~~

>I'd rather see you dead, little girl...
Rubber Soul (The Beatles)
5/10

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

scaruffy got btfo

Trips speak the truth!

(But to e honest, I always though it was because the REAL Paul was left handed, and the faux Paul is holding cigarette in the RIGHT hand. And then there's the license plate on the "Bug" that says 28 IF indicating that the real Paul would've been 28 IF he had lived, but that doesn't make you explanation any less valid)

GO TO BED, YOU SCRUFFY WOP!

but Paul was born in ‘42 he would’ve been 28 in ‘70 not ‘66

r8

But why tho

But Abbey Road was released in 69.

the ‘Paul is dead’ theory placed his death in ‘66

for fun

Favorite Beatles songs:

Rain
Happiness Is A Warm Gun
Tomorrow Never Knows
A Day In The Life