Should i get pic related? i hear both good and bad things

should i get pic related? i hear both good and bad things

getting it on steam if that matters

idk all these games are a blur at this point

Easily a 10/10 game, unless you're a joyless blowhard faggot who has to be a contrarian all the time. Buy a gun to shoot the people you heard bad things from, and if you have anything left, buy the game.

Agreed

I got it on gog myself so I can't speak to anything Steam might do to it. The GOTY edition so I got the dlcs with it. I have yet to finish it, but that's no fault of the game. Graphics are good, gameplay is good etc etc. The one thing that puts me off at all, and this is going to sound retarded. There's almost TOO much content in it. You hit up these quest boards for side quests, right? That opens up more areas with more side shit. You don't have to do them at all, even though they're always good...it just feels overwhelming is all. I'm not complaining there's too much, it's just a lot to see if that makes sense.

People that don't like it are the types that only care about the fighting mechanics of a game aka soulsfags.

It has a 10/10 world, 10/10 VA, 10/10 storylines, 10/10 exploration, but 6/10 combat.

why do you think it sold +10 million copies and its developper is the most loved one you fag ?

its combat is better than any game in its genre, prove me wrong

>bad things
The combat could be better for a triple A game. Don't get me wrong i like the game but sometimes while fighting some monsters feels like i'm playing a shitty japanese rpg knock off or something worse.
Besides this the game is 9/10.

>Inb4 go play Batman Arkham series or Assassins Creed

Souls and Bloodborne have a better combat system for sure

Different genre

They are open world RPGs too.

Different fag here but Dark Souls is not an RPG just because it has swords and numerical stats.

You'll probably enjoy it if you like RPG's. It has some pretty unique monster design and the combat is okay.

>combat is okay.
Okay is not good for a AAA game

OP here, i bought it since you guys say the story is good and full of content and as far as combat systems go it won't bother me as long as it's decent.
thanks for your input anons, do what you want with the thread

A wise decision OP, fantastic game

original fag, all of them are action RPGs but bloodborne and souls are also dungeon crawl games so they are different

Can we turn this into an OP kills himself on webcam thread?

It has a staggering amount of content. Just be strong during the Novigrad, that's the only section that really drags on.

Also, if on PC, set maximum prerendered frames to 1 or it will buffer a lot in big cities.

>implying any AAA game for the last five years has been free of elements that are just okay

One of the first quests in TW3 is a dungeon crawl called Wandering in the Dark.

People who complain about the combat are probably just playing it like a hack-n-slash on a low difficulty setting.

If you play it on hard, and carefully plan your battles with potions and oils and all of that, the combat is actually quite deep and satisfying.

The thing I liked most about the game is that, for an open world, the quests are often quite unpredictable and frequently take bizarre and unexpected turns. It was very refreshing to have quests like this, since most games are so predictable with their quests, particularly side quests.

this
its still much much more open and witcher is totally not a dungeon crawl game

yeah get it man
good game

Huh. It's so refreshing to see solid advice and comments on this game. If you asked the same question to those contrarian autistic faggots at Sup Forums they would tell you that it's a shit game, made for casuls and to go play some retarded autistic obscure hipster shit only, which they probably didn't even play.

It was a fun game.

I played it.
Enjoyable combat
huge world(s)
most choices in the game being morally gray many, many npc's being intervowen in a complex system that can alter story progression and outcome quite dramatically (even beyond mass effect trilogy tier), and an ending that reflects and weights player-choices accordingly.
Nice crafting, with the best gear in game being available trough it (and the cosmetics are awesome.
Skill-system that never allows you to develop a master of all trades, but crafting builds to reflect your choice of playing feels certainly rewarding (also retraiting is always possible at any point in the game, so experimentation is fun and surprising at times)
Despite gerald obviously being your protagonist, satisfying options to alter his appeareance exist (hear / beardstyle and huge variety of clothing / weapons, including options to armor your horse)
Enemy combat AI certainly makes enemies feel unique, and quite challenging in their respective behavior, but with a finger hovering the dodge button at all times, good reflexes on the players part will degrade combat into something repetitive quite quickly. Still, some enemies will always pose a threat, so the game never creates the feel of being a god among mere mortals..

Also, the dlc's are not dlc's.
They are fully fledged expansions, with blood and wine almost being a sequel on its own. Welp, wouldn't be there the huge and sprawling story arc of the basegame already to compete against. And heart of stone is a wonderful revival of goethe's "faust". Both are well worth the time they demand to complete.
For maximum immersion and story coherence, Heart of stone should be played as soon as possible, while blood and wine should not be entered before completing the vanilla game.

all in all, a solid 9,7 / 10
A game can't get quite better than this, and it has certainly raised the bar for the rest of the industry.

D-does anyone want to buy it for me?

It's just simply the best game ever made.

dont bother its fucking boring

the goty edition is 10 bucks on steam

how about you torrent it?
The developers are quite awesome, and definitively deserve to be supported, but if you can't afford it, I don't see a moral reason why you should skip the experience. If you ever have the money, and feel like it was an awesome expirience (which you likely will), buy from steam / gog to give them the support you owe them once you can...

Whoa nigga that's a lot of words.
No.

For you, nigger.

>A game can't get quite better than this
Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nier...

>Dark Souls
All it has going for it is awesome combat.
The story itself is only hinted at via item tooltips and some dialogue bits here and there. That's it. Doesn't even really justify the R in rpg, and bloodborne isn't much better...

And about nier: never played it. Looks like your run of the mill Jrpg, and I never liked that over-stylized weeb shit.

Surly taste is subjective, and these are just me 2 cents.

You should play Nier. It's weebish for sure but it's also amazing

Good game, extremely overrated tho.

No.

You should kys yourself.

the only weeb stuff I actually enjoyed so far was FFX, and even tho I was a teenager when playing it on the PS2 back then, I could barely stomach the over-emphasized and blown-out-of-proportions character interactions. Certainly breaks immersion in my book, and that is a dealbreaker when it comes to rpg's for me.

get it, user. it's 10/10, capital-class game.

The characters and dialogue in Nier (both games) are much much better than that. Not even the same shit.

Fine, I gonna look up a walktrough for it, and see for myself what the fuzz is about, but I won't throw my money blindly at it.

If you were okay with FFX, you have an extremely high weeb threshold.

Enjoyed it more for the story and it being 2001 with therefore limited options in terms of good rpg's on consoles. Also I kinda liked the turn based combat.
Ofc, when kotor & morrowind came out for the xbox, I never looked at ffx again.

depends on whether youre a cuck

if youre not a cuck it is best game ever made
if youre a cuck then youre better off with mass effect and dragon age

Superb game, incredible characters, awesome quests, beautiful world.
You should definitely give it a try.

also, Triss > Yennefer

I did it already

You can get mods to fix the combat. Lots of variety there.

it's super cool. took me a long time to get hooked but once i did - shit's easily in my all-time top 10.

great story, combat is okay at best. You still get to become OP endgame tho

very demanding in terms of hardware requirements, combat is iffy
too much content in my opinion. takes very long to finish and after 30 hours or sth I lost interest

if you buy it, get the dlc

I've played through it twice and took about 200 hours to do most of the content and expansions each time. Do recommend.

yenn > triss
I like watching Geralt put the ice bitch in her place

If you've played ME/TES before, you might want to redefine your current meaning of "THE BEST RPG" ever made- while playing this game, you feel like all your actions are somehow connected to each other (so, no shitty radiant quests like "go haul yer ass for 8 tonnes of draugr artifacts on the other end of the map"), also there are no dialogs where "UPPER RIGHT = PARAGON WINS", you have to go with your guts on these talks.
So, yeah, its pretty much worth it.

Great game with no dindus, combat could be better but you can use mods for that anyway.

>too much content
You've lost your horse armor from Oblivion, go kill yourself...

combat being "shit" is way overblown. it's not particularly good but it's fine, and the finishing moves are sick. if you go into it assuming combat is shit my money is on you being pleasantly surprised.

>no dindus
Seriously? This matters to you?

reddit is over there, faggot

there's definitely too much content but that's not a bad thing.
It used to bother me too until i realized that i don't need to go after every single quest.
Just play the game following your gut and then play it again. Great replayability value.
Just don't let Keira Metz die, she's hot.

welcome to Sup Forums
Remember, you're here forever.

Be careful because you have to do those Quest right when you are the exact level of the suggested level of the quest or else you will not reach the optimal level needed to wear Viper armor or use top-tier endgame weapons

Leveling up properly in this game is all about going all around the world and finding all of the quest and doing them all when you are at the exact suggested level you get much less or even zero XP if you do quests that are under or even over your level

well-put; my thoughts exactly. op, if you can get the complete edition for anything under $30 it's a steal. excellent game.

>not activating level scaling
Yes, it produced immortal bugs on 2! npc's out of thousands, but this feature improves your leveling expirience quite drastically.

I've almost certainly been here longer than either of you fags.

since some are givin useful advices
should i buy Xcom 2 ??
i havent heard anything about it, its like it dont existed after the snake waifus
i heard they have turn limits now but i guess that can be easyly disabled with cheats

it only scales the enemies damage and hp based on your level, you still get no xp from the enemies if they are supposed to be much lower level than you.

doesn't mean you belong here. if you don't get what's refreshing about a game that doesn't bend over for the (((diversity))) crybaby machine i don't know what to tell you.

Protip: Sup Forums isn't Sup Forums
Protip #2: Sup Forumsfags are the ultimate newfags

best game I've played in years, if you like that type of games

>Sup Forumsfags are the ultimate newfags
truer words have never been spoken

I skipped over the gwent tutorial, now i'm level 20 and fucked

Idk if you're still here but this has been my favorite game since I bought it. If you're gonna get it get the dlc too.
I'm not afraid to say that this game made me cry at a few points
>I name thee Dea
>You flee my dreams come the morning
>Geralt letting loose and dancing in HoS
>That fucking headnod at the end of B&W
>Geralt getting to live on his vineyard with bestgirl
>Probably gets to be the first Witcher to die in his sleep

Its a good plus in the era of WE WUZ KANGZ, that "inclusion" feels more like a spam.

Pair of roody poos.

Better beat the game and start newgame+ if you have any decent cards. If you don't, just restart it if you're really after Gwent.

Candy ass