-Anime
-Faggotry
-Debbie
-People who don't use turn signals
-People who unironically think Disneyland is better than Disney World
-People who unironically think Terminator is better than Terminator 2
>rapists

Other urls found in this thread:

thecomeback.com/ncaa/early-dark-horse-candidates-group-five-access-bowl-bid-college-football-playoff.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium
sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/5/13534826/american-conference-aac-power-6-stickers
centralfloridafuture.com/story/sports/2015/05/22/aac-loses-percent-revenue/27779017/
si.com/college-football/2017/01/27/baylor-football-lawsuit-players-rape-allegations
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Realigned AAC:
>Army
>UCF
>Cincy
>UConn
>ECU
>Louisiana Tech
>Memphis
>Navy
>USF
>SMU
>Southern Miss
>Temple
>Tulane
>Tulsa

That map assumes the Big XII takes BYU and Houston, right?

And that the AAC then takes Southern Miss, Louisiana Tech and Army.

>not being left to die in Indy hell
I'm okay with this.

WHO /SWAGGIES/ HERE?

keeping these threads going is such hell this time of year.

but I don't have anywhere else to bantz about /cfb/ with my bros

BOW DOWN TO YOUR OVERLORDS

THE FBS PROGRAMS WITH THE HIGHEST ALL-TIME WINNING %
>yfw a G5 is 3rd all time

So we can all agree that an 8 team playoff is the best, right?

>inb4 BUT MUH TOSU/UM REMATCH
Rematches happen in virtually every other sport's playoffs between good teams.

Typically though, people get excited for the rematch, rather than sperging out about it.

is the 2017 CFP Busterâ„¢ in this pic?

This guy seems to think so.
thecomeback.com/ncaa/early-dark-horse-candidates-group-five-access-bowl-bid-college-football-playoff.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium

undoubtedly.

>/cfb/ is quiet on a Sunday afternoon

good to see you're all good, God-fearing conservative men. As it should be.

>14 teams

Just go all the way and make it 16 with Marshall and Southern Miss

>Toledo

Indeed so.

who else /holy/ here?

yeah I've got no idea what "Thecomeback.com" was thinking there.
>MAC

you mean WKU and marshall?

southern miss is already included in that list

Yeah, my mistake. WKU, or maaaaaaaaaybe App State.

will FBS ever have a school in every state?

Alaska would be tricky.

I guess hypothetically, the U.S. population will eventually be so large that even D2 schools become massive.

Once those schools caught up sizewise (we're talking 100+ years from now), you could conceivably have an FBS team in all 50 states.

The Dakotas and Montana will probably move up within our lifetimes.

Delaware is a good FCS. I could see them moving up to CUSA or the Sun Belt in 20-30 years. Isn't Joe Flacco from there?

The tough ones would be
>Alaska
>Rhode Island
>Vermont
>District of Colombia

and obviously Puerto Rico would present a challenge. Though Hawaii seems to do ok.

absolutely garbage get
consider suicide

lmao

Swede europoor migrant from some Soccer thread

back to your beta containment thread.

IKEA get out.

have you even read the OP? Faggotry is not allowed.

Never going to happen. Louisiana Tech has an endowment of only $70 million. Tulsa, Tulane, SMU and UCONN are well over a billion and even the other members are at least double LA Tech. The AAC needs money to keep up their image not tiny schools on the verge of bankruptcy.

Why are college sports the most influenced by corporate interests?

>TV networks dictate game schedules
>Nike shoves aside the FSU logo drawn by an actual Seminole Indian in favor of this hideous pos
>No debate or announcement, it just happens
>Oregon has a weekly competition to wear uglier and uglier uniforms each time just because their supplier keeps making new shit

The companies need the schools not the other way around.

>the AAC needs money to keep up their image

...what?

what do they need the money for, exactly?

what do they need the image for, exactly?

seems to me they need good regional football between good regional football programs.

>AAC
>needs money to keep up their image
lolwut
who is the AAC trying to impress?
are you one of those "P6" fags?

so how did that ncaa online dynasty turn out?

This map is missing Northwestern?

This should have become obvious during and after realignment but let me spell it out.

It is not about the football and never ever is.

AAC wants to be the Power 6th conference. High enrollment and more money are what they need because that leads to higher investment in facilities and stadiums and a more prestigious reputation. They can use this image to show the P5, the NCAA and ESPN that they are big time.

If you were a president of a school valued at over a billion would you want to associate with a school that has one third your enrollment and one tenth of your value? Would association with a such a school improve your school's prestige or diminish it?

UCONN's location allows it to compete with the most elite and wealthy schools in the country for the best students and research grants. It used to compete with these schools athletically as well.

How does the president of UCONN explain to his alumni that he has allowed his school to play sports in a conference that includes tiny commuter schools? Think that will get them excited and eager to donate?

It's always about the money, never about what's on the field.

Well, Uconn made the decision to play FBS football.

Being a perennial bottom dweller in a power conference isn't very prestigious either; just take a look at Rutgers.

ah. he IS a P6fag.

Actually, winning football games will do way more for the AAC's reputation than an endowment.

Rice University has one of the largest endowments in the world. Should the AAC add them, and their shitty football program, to elevate the AAC to ""P6""?

Of course not, and they won't do it.

Disclaimer: Uconn's constant pissing and moaning about being in the AAC, when their football team went 3-9 in 2016, is grating.

>rooting for a conference
I don't care m8. I'm just trying to explain to you what the AAC is thinking. They will never, ever include La Tech unless all the top schools leave.

sbnation.com/college-football/2016/11/5/13534826/american-conference-aac-power-6-stickers

>"It was never about football"

>Entire P6 movement began from stickers on football helmets

really makes you think

The AAC is trying to meme Power 6 into existence.

They're never going to make fetch happen.

I like where they sit, on the top of the G5. Every year the conference has some programs worthy of playing P5 matchups. It's a fun and exciting dynamic.

Especially compared to watching perennial powerhouses in the P5. The CFP is probably going to cycle through the same 10 or 15 programs forever.

Shouldn't you be looking at athletic budget...not endowment?

Those aren't the same thing.

And yet Rutgers and Syracuse have managed to keep in the most elite level of the sport. These teams don't need to care about prestige because as long as you are in the P5, you make the most money.

The point is, UCONN is out of the P5 and thus will never make top tier money until it gets back in or the AAC becomes a P6 conference. The AAC cares very much about projecting a strong image while they remain G5.

>all the G5's dumped into two conferences

We need the 2017 here badly, and right now. Some G5's were in rebuilding years and it's time to re-establish the true pecking order.

>These teams don't need to care about prestige because as long as you are in the P5, you make the most money.

I doubt they're making much on ticket revenue, which can be considerable, even in the AAC.

>The AAC cares very much about projecting a strong image while they remain G5.

I think that, long term, it will be better for the AAC to accept and own the position it is in--the premier G5 conference, than to try and pipe dream.

>2 conferences

You'd have the SB-CUSA super conference (that's 1)
Then you'd have the AAC
(that's 2)
Then you'd have the MAC
(that's 3)
Then you'd have the Mountain West
(that's 4)

Had no idea Tulsa was religious

Smallest school in FBS too.

Endowment is the total value of a school. All budgets are ultimately derived from the endowment in some form.

And again, we are talking about conference image here. The richest schools want to associate with richest schools.

If you just want to look at athletic budget numbers:
AAC-
UCONN has the highest AAC budget at $72 million. Yes they spend more on sports in one year than the entire value of LA Tech.

Memphis has the smallest budget at $42 million

Now CUSA -

LA Tech has the smallest budget in CUSA at $22 million. Southern Mississippi has the second smallest budget in CUSA at $23 million.

Remember when a school changes conferences, it has to shift around other sports too and even start offering new sports to meet conference requirements.

I just don't think Southern Miss and LA Tech can afford to do this. I also think the AAC wants its members to spend more money, not less.

Here's an article showing the AAC losing revenue compared to every other conference.
centralfloridafuture.com/story/sports/2015/05/22/aac-loses-percent-revenue/27779017/

UCF is definitely not the only AAC member who wants to move up to P5. Playing in a conference with tiny schools will not make them look more attractive to a P5 looking to expand.

Sounds like a recipe for having shit football down the road.

The best AAC schools will leave for better conferences well before the AAC gets power conference status.

Once that happens, the AAC will have to replace its schools with those from other conferences.

They can only be so snooty for so long.

doesn't an FCS school have a bigger athletic budget than Houston?

lel

>P6

>UCF is definitely not the only AAC member who wants to move up to P5

Never going to happen. You'll never see a public directional school make it out of the G5.

chance of one of the university of north dakota moving up to fbs?

No the playoffs are perfect as they are

Expand it any further and teams that deserve it will get in

>Expand it any further and teams that deserve it will get in

Yeah, that's the idea

I could see NDSU and ND moving up together someday.

Once the Mountain West has been raided by the Pac 12.

Meant to say teams that don't deserve it

the idea of a playoff is that you aren't entirely sure who deserves it, so the teams play each other to determine who deserves it.

Should rename this thread to

>/cfb/ - interstate commerce

more like intercommonwealth commerce

>Any of those schools except Notre Dame and Boston College being /holy/

They're holier than the rest of the secular filth degeneracy in CFB.

Remove Baylor

si.com/college-football/2017/01/27/baylor-football-lawsuit-players-rape-allegations

Baylor at least fired everyone involved.

Liberty, on the other hand, just hired Ian McCaw, Baylor's ex-AD. They'll probably hire Briles soon as well.

did someone say debbie??

LEAVE

>You'll never see a public directional school make it out of the G5.

No, not as long as the G5/P5 structure exists.

I have a feeling we'll see a shakeup of that structure before long, though.
>and no, it won't be P6/G4

goodnight bump

Last full week of classes lads, hang in there.