Was it autism?

was it autism?

>was
have you seen just how prolific he is lately?

no just social anxiety

I'm still going through 2014 pikes.

What has he been up to?

He's autistic whether he has it or not. On stage he's an autist wearing a KFC bucket, and off stage, he's an autistic music instructor names Paul Gilbert.

No, Buckethead is a robot

More or less

>tfw only a Gibson™ is good enough

Absolutely. To be that good requires some weird shit.

I always wondered why he played a Gibson considering his guitar is nothing like what those guitars are usually like. How did he even get into that design anyway? Did he have a similar custom guitar? Did Gibson approach him because of GNR (and despite him not playing their instruments) and he simply told them to make some crazy?

Same reason everyone else does, when hard rock is your bread and butter you'll play a Gibson™ Les Paul to get the job done.

>and off stage, he's an autistic music instructor names Paul Gilbert
you do understand that the veins in your hand can't change positions back and forth just because you take off a mask, fucking autism

he looks like Michael Myers with a bucket on his head, lmao

Yeah probably

Still a really interesting instance of a human life though

that was his initial idea, he used to wear masks and stuff but the mike myers mask + bucket clicked for him

His name is like Brian Carroll and there’s nothing that says he’s a music I structor

Fucking the only known photos of his face are from some obscure newspaper scan and the album cover of one of his 200+ albums

>How did he even get into that design anyway?
not too sure, I prefer the look and tone of his ESP M-II, but i can see how after he broke it he didn't want to go back
>Did he have a similar custom guitar?
not really, he jumped around from ESP to Jackson and eventually to Gibson, I think he may have gotten used to either the visual aspect of it or the overall body feel, though his custom model now is huge and chambered and full custom unlike other gibsonshitters
>Did Gibson approach him because of GNR (and despite him not playing their instruments) and he simply told them to make some crazy?
this is a possibility for the image alone, though he has had the Chet Atkins classic/electric since Colma

Where do I start with his discography?

Fucking idiot. He requested it to be deeper because the arcade knobs were too deep and wouldn't fit into a standard LP, that's also the only reason it's a baritone - to balance out the way the guitar looked with such an unusually deep body. His autism wanted the arcade knobs and the entire guitar was designed around that.

Fun fact; Ozzy wanted him in his band if only he would drop the bucket

>Ozzy Osbourne: "I tried out that Buckethead guy. I met with him and asked him to work with me but only if he got rid of the fucking bucket. So I came back a bit later and he's wearing this green fucking Martian's-hat thing. I said, 'Look, just be yourself!' He told me his name was Brian, so I said that's what I'd call him. He says, 'No one calls me Brian except my mother.' So I said, 'Pretend I'm your mum then!' I haven't even got out of the room and I'm already playing fucking mind games with the guy. What happens if one day he's gone and there's a note saying, 'I've been beamed up?' [Laughs] Don't get me wrong, he's a great player. He plays like a motherfucker!"

start at the beginning if you want to dig the character arc, and by beginning I mean Acoustic Shards and the Young Buckethead DVDs.
if not then Bucketheadland 1 & 2, Giant Robot, and Colma
those are the bare basics honestly

I really should make a flowchart one of these days but if you like the Bucketheadland 2 feel, that is kind of what the bulk of the pikes series is. Giant Robot is similar to Bucketehadland 1 but dips into more of his anthemic/shred material with Giant Robot II being the culmination of the sound. Colma is the easiest entry point but it is a chill album he made for his mom, if you like it then stuff like Electric Tears and Electric Sea will be up your alley.

Of course there is some more experimental stuff like Kaleidoscalp, Inbred Mountain, Day of the Robot, Cuckoo Clocks of Hell, Funnel Weaver and the Death Cube K material but you kind of have to just pick one and listen to it to see if it is for you

>releasing 200+ albums in like 3 years

he is retarded, not just autistic

no one is listening to all of that shit and in turn none of it

Shawn Lane was also going to be in Ozzy's band, but Sharon objected because all the prednisone was blowing Shawn up real fast to what would later become his signature bodytype.

talentless hack

Is there any distinctive difference between those albums? Dozens of them must sound pretty samey.

I've listened to all of them, nerd

I love this guy.

Cobain yourself

It very well may be but he's a God on the guitar because of it.

rip Shawn Lane, the god of all things electric guitar