Plannings for the future

Plannings for the future.
Discuss anything about planning, schedules, time management, etc.

how do I plan for the future without being overwhelmed

Schedule it, put everything in its proper place.
That has functioned for me so far.

I sit down and write schedules sometimes. Then whe it comes to the hour I fail to find the willpower. I need to stop being weak.

Practice writing small things then doing them, gradually advance to actual work.
Do you have any friends or relatives to support you? Ask for their assistance in any way (if they become/are a detriment, don't ask of course).
But remember, keep trying. The road is long, but success is just around the horizon.

Yes I do. I recently finished my first year of college after failing out years ago so that buoys me up. I got decent grades too, but for most of the year I was always cramming, relaxing, then cramming again. Strangely your picture helps me. Thanks for the boost.

>be 18
>drive a station wagon, pull disposable razors on my P.E. teacher, sell counterfeit bike locks, be the veritable fucking boss
>take a trip to Shantzburg Community Park in Upper Chinese, Maryland
>meet Afro-Macedonian qt
>drink too much hand sanitizer, down 2 pounds of pork respectively
>burn down a Quizzno's
>Marvin Gaye wrote songs about this

Yes

No problem, happy it helped.

The idea is to "backwards plan." Figure out what you want/need to do and what the no shit deadline is. Now, step by step, work backward. This will give you an idea of when to start. For example; I'm getting on the plane at four, better leave the house by three, be completely packed by one, etc...

1. Make your bed first thing in the morning, every day.
2. Do ONE thing early in the day that you do not like or want to do.
3. Don't stress; take it one thing at a time.
4. Make a realistic schedule; be flexible

Going to university next year.

Got good paying part-time job

About to rent my own apartment.

In free time study subject I will do at the university to give me upper hand.

Sounds super useful, I will try it. What’s this no shot deadline though?

Started making my bed everyday after watching Jordan Peterson vids

Exactly my thoughts, except I write it all down on paper.
It is optimal for me, since I'm not the best at recalling things.

I'm unemployed, $4500 in debt, my car is broke, I'm behind on my phone bill, I live with my dad, I'm overweight, and I have no clue what I want to do for a living. Where the fuck do I even start? It just seems like I can never get out of this hole.

A no shit deadline. As in, "I gotta leave no later than four to get there by five." Or, "I need to save $100 a month, every month."

just pick the most profitable job and the others will solve themselves. happiness comes from doing, i'm sure you'll like whatever job you have as long as its helping pay the bills

Awesome thanks

I feel the same way, but Gave me hope

How old are you? I recommend the military. It's not for everyone. I grew up dirt poor in the rural south. 9 years in the Corps. I went to school when I EAS'd. GI Bill paid for it. I'm a Registered Nurse. I made $130K in 2016, I should clear $140K for 2017. If, IF, I work as many hours next year, I'll break $160K. Because the Corps gave me discipline. People shit on the military, but it changed my life for the better.

I'm trying to find a job that is full-time and pays at least $10/hour but I've also burned bridges with a lot of factories in the area. Also, I don't think I'm going to get a call back from anywhere until at least the day after new years.

Start from the ground up, work your head of if needed.
After paying off the bills, work out in a gym. Then pay for the car and move out (but I would just suggest purchasing a new one if it's too broken).

I'm almost 21. I wish I could join but I'm fat and I have a mental health history (saw a therapist for years and admitted myself to a mental hospital once).

It's actually a decent car for what I paid, but right now the brakes are fucked and I'm going to need to take it to a mechanic for that to be fixed. The power steering is also screwed up, it needs a new windshield, and I need a new wheel (got a spare on it right now).

Being physically active everyday will have a big positive effect on your physical and mental health. Trust me, I melted my brain on drugs and thought I’d never get better.

Just get out and move for 20 minutes a day. The goal is to be able to run for 20 minutes straight without walking.

Doing stuff like this will also help your brain figure life stuff out and get you more organized

Sounds fantastic either way.
You seem in good spirits, just remember that there will be bumps along the way, maybe a few pitfalls even.
Just remember to keep moving on, even if you get punched down by life.

Do you need the car in order to go to any possible work?

My friend and I actually want to get a weight bench and a treadmill for his basement so we can start working out without a gym membership. Also, I seriously wish I never went to a therapist. I honestly don't even think anything is wrong with me, I've just lead a really unhealthy lifestyle which caused me to behave like I was depressed. I mean I am down a lot but that's also because I don't really have anything to be happy about.

Pretty much. The only jobs that are within walking distance are fast food jobs. There is one factory within walking distance but I don't know how I could get hired there. I wish I could though because they pay well.

Organize what payments you have due, do you think you can pay for the mechanic and then work for enough to eventually pay off the bills?

When we're at war with best Korea they will let all that go and let you in. Bowe Berghdal was discharged from the Coast Guard because he cracked under the pressure of basic training.

I can't afford to pay the mechanic right now. My only bet right now is to try and get a job and get rides from my dad. I owe $1000 to the mental hospital, $2500 in student loans, and I have to pay off $900 on a credit card (that I cancelled).

Currently I'm going to job corps. Taking carpentry because it's what I know from experience. After that I plan on going to college for power plan tech. I guess all I know is the trades

That might be your only hope, can you use his car freely?
My recommendation would be to cut off from any spending that is not absolutely necessary (i.e. buy only food, basic hygiene, electricity, don't buy any entertainment such as vidya or movies).
Best of luck, you're in a though spot but if you get a good paying job it'll go well.

Those can set you up for life if you know what you're doing.
Good to hear you've got it planned out, I'm sure it'll go well with you.

I hope so. I dropped out of high school but finished my junior. I'm getting my diploma and that alone, the satisfaction of graduating before my class drives me. When I was younger I was afraid of success. But now it's all I want.

Stick with that mentality. It will become useful in the future, believe me.

What happenned to the old motivation threads