Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this album is Kendrick Lamar's best album yet?

Now that the dust has settled, can we all agree that this album is Kendrick Lamar's best album yet?

My order interns of revisiting and enjoyment.

>TPAB
>Damn.
>untitled. unmastered.
>Section.80
>GK,MC

To Pimp A Butterfly is superior.

yah

It's alright.

FEAR is one of my favorite songs this year.

It's better when you play it backwards.

TPAB (9)
UU (8)
GKMC (8)
.80 (7)
DAMN. (6)

Explain that 6

>GKMC
>Section .80
>Damn.
>uu.
>TPAB

nah

nah nah

nah nah

>buzzin

All wrong, here's the objectively correct ranking of Kendrick's albums:
TPAB
UU
GKMC
S80
DAMN

GKMC
TPAB
DAMN == S80
UU

RADARS IS BUUUUUUUZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

I can't jive with Good Kid. Yeah it has great stories, but to me I need good music first. Lyrics are second because this is music, if you want to write phenominall words wrote a book of poetry.

That being said there is great music on GKMC, but its not my cup of tea. Thats why I liked Damn. Combining the two styles of TPAB and GK

Hijacking this thread

Can we agree that this is actually a serviceable album and is more fun/interesting than flower boy?

Dude Flower Boy is less clunky with the soulful songs. The harder songs sound like shit on that. Objectively the best songs are done significantly netter on Scum Fuck than Cherry Bomb.

if youre some radio trap loving white boy, sure

SMUCKERS > anything off flower boy

I will fight you irl

Let me fix that

>Smuckers is on par withanything off Flower

Also I don't fight men, that's gay

dude frank ocean lmao

Flower Boy is boringly consistent, Cherry Bomb is flawed fun

Frank is classic.

>Implies Cherry Bombs fun and Flower Boys boring.

Explain further try to sway me

>lyrical quality
Flower boy is much more reigned in but the explicit and implicit metaphors never move beyond mild summer sadness and gradual adulthood.

Cherry bomb is stupid most of the time and occasionally cringy but there's a similar kind of road-trip progression. Much more transitory and torn, it's a precursor to Flower Boy but it still maintains a bit more of the Goblin edge and willingness to experiment (BUFFALO, DARKEESE LATIFAH, mid-song transitions). The verses stick. The Lil Wayne feature is way better (probably the best verse he's ever done).

>production
Flower boy is consistently more Frank Ocean-esque, which isn't bad but the songs start to feel samey after Who Dat Boy. The mopeyness gets stale. The rapping is good (best rapping in the first song, desu) but there's not much of it.

Cherry Bomb is again kind of unweildy and goes through massive spikes and valleys, which is personally more gratifying and has a bit more of a story-arc from where we start to where we end. We get a little bit of everything. I'll also listen to every song on the album, even the weaker ones, because they're about the right length. I consistently skip flower boy's closer and often skip 911/mr lonely because they sour the pace.

>beats/harmonies
Flower boy wins harmonies and loses beats. Personally rhythmic variety matters way more because it impacts the type of rapping we get to. Who Dat Boy and I Ain't Got Time wind up having the most interesting word- and flow-twisting, whereas everything else borders on ambient mumble-rap. This is more personal preference, but sometimes some fucking ignorant yell-rap is fun and car analogies aren't, but both are tied to sound.

>other shit
My favorite tyler album is Wolf--I see the transition in Goblin to it as exciting. Cherry bomb was something new and different which I wanted to see logically extended in Flower Boy, but he polished all of the charm away into above-average R&B with some occasional weirdness sprinkled in. Ultimately it's his music and it's my preference, but it feels like an anemic misstep and an indifferent shrug at the kind of weird 2010 rap that made odd future a thing in the first place

Not a fucking chance

Looks good to me, maybe switch UU and GKMC around but i don't really have a strong opinion on that.

What do you hear every time you're in the streets Sup Forums?

not quite
1. tpab - 9.9
2. damn - 9.5
3. gkmc - 9.1
4. untitled unmastered - 8.6
5 section.80 - 8.0
6. overly dedicated - 7.3

^

TPAB
GKMC
S.80
DAMN,
UU

YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

1. good kid, m.A.A.d city - 9.8
2. To Pimp a Butterfly - 9.6
3. DAMN. - 9.2
4. Section.80 - 8.8
5. untitled unmastered. - 8.2
6. Overly Dedicated - 8.2

This is objectively true.

it is more fun to listen cherry bomb than flower boy but flower boy is way better produced

> All wrong
> the objectively correct ranking

He has no explanation other than that's what Anthony Fantano rated it.

Any one that rates UU higher than an actual complete, cohesive album that has actually be finished and mastered is just trying to be different.

UU was a good album, of B Sides. I enjoyed it, but to say it is better than DAMN., GKMC, TPAB or S80 is fucking retarded.

Objective list is here:
>GKMC - 9.6
>TPAB - 9.0
>DAMN - 8.4
>S80 - 8.1
>UU - 7.8

I agree with this.
Section 80 had some weak tracks (Spiteful Chant, Tammy's Song, No Makeup), but Damn had worse lows (God, Love, Loyalty, Humble)

TPAB
TPAB
GKMC
DAMN
UU
S.80