What's your dad's favorite band?

what's your dad's favorite band?

That's not her dad but her "brother" from the family who adopted (and later abandoned) her.

I don't have a clue

I know man

But are they considered a dadband?

Mahavishnu Orchestra

A real True Blue cunt.

Talking Heads. He made me watch Stop Making Sense on VHS when I was a kid and I also started liking them.

Okay I lied, my doesnt even know Redgum exist. He's a Panterra listenin bogan.

that's amazing, your dad is the man.

he used to listen to dadrock and jazz, now all he listens to is coldplay and adele.

Iron Maiden

I'm also a mealfag, so we get along pretty well music wise, but when I try to show him different kinds of extreme metal he always complains about cookie monster vocals.

dads love coldplay

Show him Tom Waits during his cookie monster years.

radiohead

he really liked the prodigy while he was alive

Blood, Sweat and Tears

Public Enemy

so what does he like now?

death xDDDDDXdDDD

ACDC, specifically thunderstruck

fuck off

hawkwind

pic related

Pink Floyd

Dad love for steely dan and Grateful Dead is eternal

Skynyrd

He'd give the same spiel about how much better they were than the Beatles whenever any of their songs would come on

The Smiths. He also looks a lot like Morrissey.

Stones

manic street preachers

Almost nice, but actually they're very boring.

Deep Purple

Idk honestly but the bands he plays the most are Iron Maiden,Dream Theater,Nightwish,The Velvet Underground,RHCP,Judas Priest,The Ramones and Metallica so probably some of those

Probably Cream or Pink Floyd

Talking Heads

I don't know for sure. Skynyrd? Eagles?

Not sure. He listens to a lot of stuff, maybe like early Midnight Oil or The Sex Pistols or the Zep, he really likes Radiohead too. If it's just artists I'd probably say Tom Waits. Both my parents will blast anything as long as it's not too extreme. Still proud of getting him into Refused and hearing him blasting The Shape of Punk to Come from his study.

bladee

It was The Doors.
Patrician enough?

I haven't seen my dad in over a decade...

He listens to mostly Tejano music. I don't think he has 1 single favorite artist.

The Beatles and a lot of hindustani classical. He really likes qawwali too.

woah same minus the jazz

marillion and my mums is muse

he really liked bob marley and jimmy buffet
and black sabbath

The beach boys

Led Zeppelin. I don't like them that much myself, but we do share quite a bit of music taste. He still mostly likes music he can play air guitar to.

Not a band, but his favourite artist is Tom Waits.

He likes 60s and 70s dadrock like Beatles, Velvet Underground, Beefheart, Buckley, Van morrison, Zappa, CCR and Byrds. 70s and 80s new wave, art rock, and post punk like Talking Heads. Soul/funk/ general motown sound, plus he loves Sun Ra and Herbie Hancock.

KISS.

The Ramones

Dire Straits.
They're good.

Harp music

This.

It's fucking ridiculous.

Dead Can Dance

Thankfully he's not one of those fanatical fans whose whole house is full of shitty KISS memorabilia.

Either The Who or The Grateful Dead

Any of the first wave UK Punk bands like the Damned, The Stranglers or the UK Subs

Patrician

You guys have old dads, my dad's favorite is a tie between Guns and Roses & Damien Rice

Oscar Peterson - I hear Night Train at least once every time I head back to the parent's place for a few weeks.

same
but lately my dad is into reallyoldcore like the Carter Family

Duran Duran or Depeche Mode

The coolest middle aged people are almost-50. Kid in the 70s, teenager in the 80s, and adult in the 90s.

The only bands I know he likes are AC/DC and Depeche Mode. I showed him King Crimson and post-rock era Talk Talk and he liked them too.
I think he's more into 80s dance music, he used to be a DJ and has a pretty huge collection of records from that time.

Weezer. He also likes Red Album and Raditude. My dad is an actual fucking meme.

My dad only listens to obscure reggae from the 60s,70s and 80s and also reggae from random compilations he's given and rare ones he bought years ago.

A Tribe Called Quest

Rush.

yes

your dad is Patrician.

Allman Brothers

Pearl Jam

He seemed to like Nat King Cole and Johnny Mathis...my dad was born in 1920

Almost meme status, but still very very very good.

Jesus Christ, your dad was born before my grandpa.

king crimson and talking heads. he introduced me to ITCOTCK when I was 12

New Order, Talking Heads, Pet Shop Boys and The Smiths.

Supergroove, Megadeath, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Supergrass and Soundgarden. He listens to a lot and plays a lot but i know that those 5 are some of his favourites

Radiohead.

ELO

fuck. yes.

Pink Floyd

My dad likes Seether and Lynyrd Skynyrd but he's an all around musical person. Northern Ohio. Not hick. I'm also all around but I lean more towards grunge, metal, and rock. I love that fucker.

>dad's favorite band
Probably the rolling stones or the beatles.

Jimmy Cliff and other OG ska era stuff

>tfw you will never hug young lexi

James Ferraro

Who else is tired of the 'dadrock' meme?

Can confirm. My dad is 50, and was in a band, dyed his hair, and still plays the guitar today

Pink Floyd for sure. The Dark Side of the Moon and Wish You Were Here are permanently embedded into my mind due to the amount of times I heard it during my early childhood. He's generally into prog-rock and grunge and hates most pop-rock from the 70s and 80s.

Springsteen, george thorogood, def leopard. “They stopped making music after the 80s”